NYC Stones Fans

Rico

2005-2006 World Tour will be announced tomorrow, with live performance! :unsure:

THE ROLLING STONES

WHO: THE ROLLING STONES

WHAT: Press Conference

WHEN: Tuesday, May 10

12:15pm check-in - TV crews

12:30pm check-in - Photographers, Print, Radio, Online

WHERE: Julliard Music School Plaza

65th Street and Broadway

Rumors that the Stones are headlining Live-Aid 2 with Macca opening for them are unconfirmed per Bob Geldof.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the Stones but how much will tickets be?  I refuse to spend more then $50 on a concert

332285[/snapback]

Charlotte pre-sale was there for a few minutes, then quickly pulled down (up too early)... tickets were $60 - $350. I'm hoping for Floor GA at $60 ala U2 . :unsure:

are these guys still ALIVE??? I mean really, at this point is it worth paying that much money to see guys in their 60s rocking like its still the 60's???

There were Steel Wheelchair jokes when they went on tour supporting Steel Wheels back in '89, now its 16 years later!!!

are these guys still ALIVE??? I mean really, at this point is it worth paying that much money to see guys in their 60s rocking like its still the 60's???

There were Steel Wheelchair jokes when they went on tour supporting Steel Wheels back in '89, now its 16 years later!!!

332296[/snapback]

Absolutely, they're living legends.

Who do you like, Barry Manilow? or maybe Liberace? :unsure:

Who do you like, Barry Manilow? or maybe Liberace? <_<

332299[/snapback]

Hey, don't make fun of Barry.

I don't particularly care for the Rolling Stones, but there's plenty of people out there who do. Live and let live.

are these guys still ALIVE???

332296[/snapback]

We'll, there's always some doubt about Keith! <_<

http://www.cbc.ca/news/photogalleries/toro...ocks/gfx/57.jpg

Definitely worth seeing, though. They put on a great show in July 2003 at the Toronto "SARS-stock" concert. Here's the set list they performed:

http://www.iorr.org/tour03/toronto.htm

Who do you like, Barry Manilow? or maybe Liberace? <_<

332299[/snapback]

I loved the Stones when they were in their prime. When Sticky Fingers came out it was a great album. B word still makes my hair stand up. Exile on Main Street is a fantastic set of music. Let it bleed, Only Rock and Roll and Goat’s Head Soup are some of my other favorites. When they made the switch to Ronnie Wood and put out Some Girls they were also great. The guitar interchange between the two on those first few albums with Ron Wood is beautiful. Sure it took days to get the amps to sound just right. Sure it took hundreds of takes to get the songs on tape. But when they were put on tape it was magical.

That was then. This is now.

I love them. They made great music in the past. As a guitar player I can see what they are playing and what they can’t play anymore. For someone to say they don’t like them NOW doesn’t mean they like Liberace. Perhaps it means they liked them when they were at their best. I also support the idea that they never stop playing. Just keep on playing like Muddy Waters did until they can’t do it anymore. As long as the people come to the shows keep giving the people what they want. However, if you are looking to see living legends please go to the Stones shows in 2005. If you are looking for great musicianship from them in 2005, unfortunately that time has passed us by.

Too bad they don’t even let their bas player get in the publicity shots. I loved the influence of Bobby Keys and Nicky Hopkins too. And may God bless Ian Stewart. The Stone not pretty enough to join them on stage. He was the backbone of the musical section and he is sorely missed.

Know what I mean Vern?

I loved the Stones when they were in their prime.  When Sticky Fingers came out it was a great album.  B word still makes my hair stand up. Exile on Main Street is a fantastic set of music.  Let it bleed, Only Rock and Roll and Goat’s Head Soup are some of my other favorites.  When they made the switch to Ronnie Wood and put out Some Girls they were also great.  The guitar interchange between the two on those first few albums with Ron Wood is beautiful.  Sure it took days to get the amps to sound just right.  Sure it took hundreds of takes to get the songs on tape.  But when they were put on tape it was magical.

That was then.  This is now.

I love them.  They made great music in the past.  As a guitar player I can see what they are playing and what they can’t play anymore.  For someone to say they don’t like them NOW doesn’t mean they like Liberace.  Perhaps it means they liked them when they were at their best.  I also support the idea that they never stop playing.  Just keep on playing like Muddy Waters did until they can’t do it anymore.  As long as the people come to the shows keep giving the people what they want.  However, if you are looking to see living legends please go to the Stones shows in 2005.  If you are looking for great musicianship from them in 2005, unfortunately that time has passed us by.

Too bad they don’t even let their bas player get in the publicity shots.  I loved the influence of Bobby Keys and Nicky Hopkins too.  And may God bless Ian Stewart.  The Stone not pretty enough to join them on stage.  He was the backbone of the musical section and he is sorely missed. 

Know what I mean Vern?

332358[/snapback]

I blame Chuck Leavell. <_<

More on the Stones' tour announcement:

http://www.chartattack.com/damn/2005/05/0409.cfm

Rolling Stones May Be On Their Way Around The World

Wednesday May 04, 2005 @ 02:00 PM

By: ChartAttack.com Staff

Though not set in stone, Canada may once again roll out the red carpet for Mick, Keith, Charlie and Ron, as speculation about another Rolling Stones world tour hits New York.

On Tuesday, select members of the media received a scant invitation from entertainment PR giants Rogers and Cowan. The Toronto Sun reports the invite stated only, "The Rolling Stones, May 10, 12:30 PM, NYC."

Though Rogers and Cowan refused to comment further, many believe the invitation was a hint that the Stones will be in New York on May 10 to announce the details of their latest world tour.

It's no secret that The Stones love the T-Dot. Besides going out of their way to come to Toronto for the SARS Relief Concert in July 2003, the group have been to Ontario's capital three times to rehearse before world tours.

Their last pre-tour jaunt to the Great White North was in the summer of 2002 when the band turned the Masonic Temple into their personal practice pad. The Stones even played an unannounced concert at the Palais Royale during that time. There's no word yet if in fact the foursome will practice in Toronto, but here's hoping.

The Sun also reports the Stones are working on a new studio album, currently slated for a summer release.

caught them 2 years ago at pac bell in SF - amazing show. They still got it going. Mick runs around and sings like he is 20 - i bet you old farts will have to grab a seat for some of the show while mick continues to rampage around.

The key to concerts is you show up and scalp - everyone always buys extra tix and i usually end up paying way less than face. In Sf i paid 40 for 100 floor seats. then used that stub the next night to get down there again after i bought an upper level tix for 10 bucks. ya gotta work it to get a good deal.

We'll know more tomorrow, but right now it looks like NO shows in Buffalo. :D

Toronto Road Trip!

Lucky for me, NYC, Philly, Atlantic City, DC, & Hershey Park are all pretty close...

East Coast ROCKS! <_<

I loved the Stones when they were in their prime.  When Sticky Fingers came out it was a great album.  B word still makes my hair stand up. Exile on Main Street is a fantastic set of music.  Let it bleed, Only Rock and Roll and Goat’s Head Soup are some of my other favorites.  When they made the switch to Ronnie Wood and put out Some Girls they were also great.  The guitar interchange between the two on those first few albums with Ron Wood is beautiful.  Sure it took days to get the amps to sound just right.  Sure it took hundreds of takes to get the songs on tape.  But when they were put on tape it was magical.

That was then.  This is now.

I love them.  They made great music in the past.  As a guitar player I can see what they are playing and what they can’t play anymore.  For someone to say they don’t like them NOW doesn’t mean they like Liberace.  Perhaps it means they liked them when they were at their best.  I also support the idea that they never stop playing.  Just keep on playing like Muddy Waters did until they can’t do it anymore.  As long as the people come to the shows keep giving the people what they want.  However, if you are looking to see living legends please go to the Stones shows in 2005.  If you are looking for great musicianship from them in 2005, unfortunately that time has passed us by.

Too bad they don’t even let their bas player get in the publicity shots.  I loved the influence of Bobby Keys and Nicky Hopkins too.  And may God bless Ian Stewart.  The Stone not pretty enough to join them on stage.  He was the backbone of the musical section and he is sorely missed. 

Know what I mean Vern?

332358[/snapback]

Although the Stones have not put out a memorable record since 1981, I still love them...what they did that first 20 years or so can't be blemished by what they have done after. I have seen them about a dozen times, between 1978-1993. They were great shows. I kind of disagree with you, while agreeing. I don't think it is so much what they "can't do musically", as much as they can't really write songs anymore.

Each of their albums over the last 20 years has had a decent track or two (usually Keiths' numbers) but the rest just sound like they were written to be played live in a stadium, in front of 90,000 people, with enless repetitive riffs, giving Mick time to run from one end of the stage to the other. They are maybe the only band that I would love see do a cover album.

A few years back, they did a "live" in the studio album, called "Stripped" which was maybe the best thing they have done the last 20 years. It contained some re-recorded versions of their vintage stuff ("Wild Horses") as well as some covers. They sound amazing on this record. They can still play, they just can't write. As a die-hard Stones fan, it saddens me to say, I have no interest in ever seeing them live again. I would rather not see them like that.

I picked up the "Live Licks" dvd they did about 3 years ago. It features a stadium performance, an auditorium performance, and a small theater performance. The theater show is awesome. That is the only way I would ever pay to see them again....saw McCartney back in 1989, and it tarnished my respect for him considerably. Never want that to happen with the Glimmer Twins!

Daryl Jones is the only non-Stone scheduled to play at the press conference with the 4 Stones. Maybe, just maybe this tour won't be another Vegas Revue as we've seen the past 16 years... though I'm there no matter what.