NYC Stones Fans

Rico

Yeah, but its more fun when I concentrate ONLY on the most expensive ticket price. :blush:

If I could get a ticket (even for $100) to see the Stones at the BEacon theater, I would be first in line, but to pay 500 to sit in the front row at RFK or Soldier field is  :ph34r:

333038[/snapback]

They're set to play Toronto on September 24th and will probably play a club show (or two) if they reherse there, as they usually do. $50 bucks to see them in a small club would be the greatest value of all time:

"The previous three times the Stones rehearsed for a tour in Toronto, they played a surprise club gig just prior to hitting the road -- on Aug. 16, 2002, at Palais Royale on the lakefront, on Sept. 4, 1997, at the Horseshoe, and on July 19, 1994, at RPM (now the Kool Haus)."

http://jam.canoe.ca/Music/2005/05/10/1033409.html

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pink Floyd could fart on a snare drum and make it sound more interesting than the Stones are these days.

332985[/snapback]

Have you actually heard the Stones in recent years, or is your comment based on their (admittedly meager) recording output?

IMO, they still put on a great live show. The radio simulcast of their 2003 SARS-stock concert in Toronto was amazingly good...not at all "Las Vegas Lounge Act."

BTW, I'd pay $500 bucks in a heartbeat to see Floyd if Gilmour ever decided to tour again. Maybe even more if he could set aside his differences with Waters. They're the one major band I never saw live and I'll always kick myself for not going to one of their 1994 shows in Toronto.

Pink Floyd will never reunite with Waters. That bridge is burnt to a crisp.

The Stones are just taking advantage of 60's era yuppies who wish they were still in their 20's getting high every day.

It's sad that I have to put it that way, but it's the truth.

are these guys still ALIVE??? I mean really, at this point is it worth paying that much money to see guys in their 60s rocking like its still the 60's???

There were Steel Wheelchair jokes when they went on tour supporting Steel Wheels back in '89, now its 16 years later!!!

332296[/snapback]

BECAUSE THE KICK ASS! DON'T MAKE FUN OF GUYS WHO HAVE 40 PLUS YEARS UNDER THEIR BELT. AGE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH MUSIC.

I like lots of other music besides NIN.  I listen to bands like Led Zeppelin and Black Sabbath who could produce music today that is FAR more intriguing than anything the Stones are doing at this point.

The new Robert Plant solo album is ten times better than what the Stones will release.

They are finished and have been for twenty years.

Pink Floyd could fart on a snare drum and make it sound more interesting than the Stones are these days.

332985[/snapback]

YAH RIGHT, GO TO SHOW AND THEN TELL ME THEIR FINISHED, EVERY SHOW IS A SELL-OUT.

YAH RIGHT, GO TO SHOW AND THEN TELL ME THEIR FINISHED, EVERY SHOW IS A SELL-OUT.

333345[/snapback]

Insert the following quote here.

"The Stones are just taking advantage of 60's era yuppies who wish they were still in their 20's getting high every day."

333345[/snapback]

So does <insert favorite pop act> and American Idol regularly has 2 shows in the Top 5 viewership in the country. That doesn't mean those things don't suck ass, it only means there are alot of people who like things that suck ass.

"The Stones are just taking advantage of 60's era yuppies who wish they were still in their 20's getting high every day."

333348[/snapback]

Cool. And Trent Reznor's going to be 30 next week. A decade from now he'll be selling real estate to those same Stones' fans! ;)

So does <insert favorite pop act> and American Idol regularly has 2 shows in the Top 5 viewership in the country.  That doesn't mean those things don't suck ass, it only means there are alot of people who like things that suck ass.

334139[/snapback]

Exactly. Look at all the albums Kiss sold in the late 70's. ;)

333348[/snapback]

IT'S ONLY ROCK N ROLL, WHO'S GOING TO CARRY ON WHEN THESE GUYS RETIRE. THREE DOORS DOWN. OR ANY OF THE MULLET HEADS

333348[/snapback]

Like the NBA thugs just taking advantage of pimple-faced college white boys who wish they could jump and bang white chicks all night long.

Cool.  And Trent Reznor's going to be 30 next week.  A decade from now he'll be selling real estate to those same Stones' fans! ;)

334140[/snapback]

Actually he'll be 40 on May 17th. And I don't think he's going to be writing records at 60. The music will no longer be relevant. The Stones should have done what Trent will do.

Actually he'll be 40 on May 17th.  And I don't think he's going to be writing records at 60.  The music will no longer be relevant.  The Stones should have done what Trent will do.

334237[/snapback]

So, you honestly think Rezner will just stop recording, or whatever, because he is 60? It hasn't really happened with anyone, who was/is relevent yet. Music and art are not like sports, where your body breaks down and you can no longer create. Music is a creation of the mind, and as long as artists can think, they will believe themselves relevant. It is fun to mock the Stones, and even their most hardcore fans (which I am one) can agree that they are past their prime, artistically. But, their age now does not tarnish what they have done. I don't see why they should be begrudged for merely getting old. Haven't they earned the right to participate in a game that they, for better of worse, had a large part in creating? You will get older some day too. Everyone does.

100 years from now, they will be remembered, and still have cultural relevance. Trent Rezner, and all of these other pre-fab superstars of rock (and I like NIN too) will be merely footnotes. Back when the Stones were cutting their teeth in music, pop musicians had to earn their status. Now, sadly, it takes little more than one good album, and a cool video to earn the "genious" status. I would put what the Stones did from 1966 (when Jagger/Richards began writing pretty much all of the material on their albums) to 1978 up against any pop/rock act. These were different times, when artists didn't labor 5 years in a studio to do an album....

So, you honestly think Rezner will just stop recording, or whatever, because he is 60?  It hasn't really happened with anyone, who was/is relevent yet.  Music and art are not like sports, where your body breaks down and you can no longer create.  Music is a creation of the mind, and as long as artists can think, they will believe themselves relevant.  It is fun to mock the Stones, and even their most hardcore fans (which I am one) can agree that they are past their prime, artistically.  But, their age now does not tarnish what they have done.  I don't see why they should be begrudged for merely getting old.  Haven't they earned the right to participate in a game that they, for better of worse, had a large part in creating?  You will get older some day too. Everyone does. 

100 years from now, they will be remembered, and still have cultural relevance.  Trent Rezner, and all of these other pre-fab superstars of rock (and I like NIN too) will be merely footnotes.  Back when the Stones were cutting their teeth in music, pop musicians had to earn their status.  Now, sadly, it takes little more than one good album, and a cool video to earn the "genious" status.  I would put what the Stones did from 1966 (when Jagger/Richards began writing pretty much all of the material on their albums) to 1978 up against any pop/rock act.  These were different times, when artists didn't labor 5 years in a studio to do an album....

334306[/snapback]

Trent Reznor has stated many times (most recently in an MTV interview currently on their site) that he will quit recording "under the title Nine Inch Nails" when he feels the music is no longer relevant. If the individual members of the Rolling Stones were still doing music that's one thing, but to sit there in your mid sixties under that title and charge 500 dollars a show when you aren't the same band you were when you were making quality music is obsurd and a flat out rip off. If they really cared about their audience they would have retired to solo projects a long time ago.

They are wealthy beyond belief. It's time to hang them up.