One more time: Who is our enemy now?

I say New England. How can we hate Miami when there is no one on that team to hate? To focus our emnity on Miami when NE is snatching championship after championship is like an army focusing on how to get the enemy's bugle-boy, as the opposing general is smashing them to pieces.

Three superbowls in four years. They may be nice guys in life, but I get bile in my mouth when I hear the names Tom Brady, Bill Belichek, Willi McGinest (sp?), Ted Bruschi (I do hope he has recovered), Vince Wolfork, David Givens, et al.

Living in the NE area, I am getting awfully tired of Brady worship. It has become a new religion.

So please--no more "we hate Miami." I was around when we got our asses kicked for a whole decade by Miami (70"s), and during the blunder years of the 80's, when Marino torched us repeatedly, and the bad blood years of the 90's, when opposing Miami players gave the finger to our fans, etc. etc. I hated Miami like you did.

But no more. We crushed Miami. They never recovered from our superbowl years. It is dishonorable to kick a man when he is down. Miami needs our love and support to make them strong again. Meanwhile, let's destroy NE.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

fug Miami, the pansies too.

Every team we play is our enemy. I really really really loathe Miami though. Old habits die hard. With Bedsore no longer with the Bills, my hatred for the pansies has diminished.

My three most hated teams are Miami, New England, and the Jets. They move in and out of what team I hate the most on any particular week, but they've all been down there consistently.

Even when the Colts were part of the AFC East, I didn't hate them as much as I hate those other three teams. It does have A LOT to do with the Bills, but I would see myself hating all three of those teams even if I was NOT a Bills fan.

As for which one we hate worse, we hate the one that wants to steal our playoff spot. Therefore, my hatred for Miami hasn't been great lately... especially when they beat the Patsies last year (I loved that).

But I will hate all 3 of those teams forever, and I have them in the same category together. :o

Dolphins. I respect New England for how they have achieved their success, and they will be our measuring stick over the next few years. Miami beat us down for a decade in the 70's. Miami is a low class organization. Miami is the classic warm-weather/cold-weather confrontation. A true rivalry is one that exists regardless of how good either team is. One where you laugh at the other team's down moments and don't feel the slightest bit of pity. The Dolphins/Bills rivalry is the only one which meets these criteria.

My three most hated teams are Miami, New England, and the Jets.  They move in and out of what team I hate the most on any particular week, but they've all been down there consistently.

But I will hate all 3 of those teams forever, and I have them in the same category together.  :unsure:

331786[/snapback]

I tend to agree, even though the Jest are usually third on that list.

I had a GF who absolutely loved the Dolphins...this was in 1996. We later broke up, but not over Miami. I then met my wife, the lovely and talented Kimberly, who is not a football fan.

I'm trying to mold her into a Bills fan. :blink:

Kim once said to me that she thought the Bills had won one of those Super Bowls, since they were in it every year, it seemed. That's how much of a football fan she isn't.

I have a good friend from Paterson, NJ who is a Jets and Yankees fan. I'm willing to forgive him for both of those.

Patriot fans are just obnoxious, but I suppose they have good reason to be. This was a team that before 1995 was inept year after year after year. Kind of like the Bills were in the mid-1980s, although the Pats' run of bad football was quite a bit longer.

If the Bills had won three out of the last four Super Bowls, we'd be insufferable too.

Mike

Since I want to win the division, the Patriots. They are the team to beat, now and for the immediate future. Look at it this way, when Miami plays New England, who do you root for, the fish or the pats? Enough said. New England is now the Darth Vader of Buffalo football.

I tend to agree, even though the Jest are usually third on that list. 

I live in NJ, and the Jet$ are just about always #1 on my most hated list, I think it depends where you live honestly. I put up a poll during SB week asking Bills fans would you root for the Jets or Eagles in the SB, and even till now, the amount of votes for the Jets still disturbs and puzzles me to no end! :unsure::blink:

I wont watch the NFL ever again befor I ever root for the Jets