what uniform should flutie wear in hall of fame?

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I say bills.

331442[/snapback]

I'd say custodian's uniform. The name tag could say Dougie. I would have thought he'd have saved more of his money so he could retire, but if he needs the work, he needs the work.

he would have won the tennessee game!

331551[/snapback]

Oh, well, so now stats are not a factor in who gets in the HOF, but games that you "coulda won, if you had been playing in them" are a factor? When did that happen? Crap, if that is the case, I say we start a petition to get Robb Riddick in the NFL Hall Of Fame. Sure, he missed a lot of games over the years because of injuries, but imagine if he had played every game in 1984 anf 1985! We would have won at least 4 games each of those years had Riddick played!!!!!

Crap, imagine if Leon Seals, with his size and speed had been around during the 70's! He would have cleaned up...let's get him in the HOF. I met him once at a Saints game. He made me feel good about myself! I bet if he met every Bills fan, he would give them a lift too! Seals at least deserves some serious consideration! :o

OK. I'll bite. Doug Flutie started 66 games and played in 87. Jim Kelly started 160 games. Doug Flutie had a career pass completion percentage of 54.7%. Kelly - 60.1%. Flutie - 14,686 yards passing. Kelly - 35,467. Flutie has a career passer rating of 76.4, Kelly - 84.4. Flutie does beat Kelly in rushing yardage 1635 to 1049. Kelly led the Bills to 4 Super Bowl appearances and additional playoff appearances. I'm not sure where to find all those kinds of stats so I don't know how many times, if at all Flutie led his team to the playoffs. I'm pretty sure he never led a team to the Super Bowl.

Now, tell me where there is any logic to your statement that since Kelly was inducted into the HOF, Flutie deserves consideration. Where is there a comparison between the two? I think it boils down to the fact that you like Flutie. You confuse the fan excitement he generated when he ran around like a headless chicken while eluding defensive players with leadership and productivity.

When he goes as a member of the general public he'll definitely wear a doug flutie jersey.

Because as we know from his appearance at a Boston College hockey game this year, HE WENT AS A SPECTATOR AND WORE HIS OWN JERSEY!!!!. seriously, you can't make this stuff up.

OK. I'll bite.  Doug Flutie started 66 games and played in 87. Jim Kelly started 160 games. Doug Flutie had a career pass completion percentage of 54.7%.  Kelly - 60.1%.  Flutie - 14,686 yards passing.  Kelly - 35,467.  Flutie has a career passer rating of 76.4, Kelly - 84.4.  Flutie does beat Kelly in rushing yardage 1635 to 1049.  Kelly led the Bills to 4 Super Bowl appearances and additional playoff appearances.  I'm not sure where to find all those kinds of stats so I don't know how many times, if at all Flutie led his team to the playoffs.  I'm pretty sure he never led a team to the Super Bowl.

Now, tell me where there is any logic to your statement that since Kelly was inducted into the HOF, Flutie deserves consideration. Where is there a comparison between the two?  I think it boils down to the fact that you like Flutie.  You confuse the fan excitement he generated when he ran around like a headless chicken while eluding defensive players with leadership and productivity.

331581[/snapback]

If I am not mistaken, Flutie is 0-3 in playoff games. I am sure he never won a playoff start. Kelly was 9-8 in playoff games. That includes 5 conference championships. Flutie, ironically, in his only two playoff starts, pre Buffalo, came in situations where he was handed the starting job (ala RJ in 1999), despite playing very little in the regular season....

Oh, well, so now stats are not a factor in who gets in the HOF, but games that you "coulda won, if you had been playing in them" are a factor?  When did that happen?  Crap, if that is the case, I say we start a petition to get Robb Riddick in the NFL Hall Of Fame.  Sure, he missed a lot of games over the years because of injuries, but imagine if he had played every game in 1984 anf 1985!  We would have won at least 4 games each of those years had Riddick played!!!!!

Crap, imagine if Leon Seals, with his size and speed had been around during the 70's!  He would have cleaned up...let's get him in the HOF.  I met him once at a Saints game.  He made me feel good about myself!  I bet if he met every Bills fan, he would give them a lift too!  Seals at least deserves some serious consideration!  :o

331579[/snapback]

comparing robb riddick and leon seals to doug flutie?????????????????????????you are nuts!

comparing robb riddick and leon seals to doug flutie?????????????????????????you are nuts!

331602[/snapback]

And yet you can find a comparison between Flutie and Kelly? You said if Kelly made the HOF then Flutie deserves to be considered. You opened this can of worms, now it's up to you to come up with something specific to demonstrate Flutie's merits for the HOF. Face it you have nothing except your irrational attachment to him. That it was an adventure to watch him play doesn't cut it for the HOF.