Bills Pre-Draft Depth Chart

ColoradoBills

17 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

I stumbled onto a fairly good site giving the Bills current (as of March 31st) Depth Chart.  They seem pretty good at keeping it updated.

https://www.ourlads.com/nfldepthcharts/depthchart/BUF

We all know a vet CB may be in the UFA picture and of course a new Punter.

Not a lot of holes at all and I'm interested as to what members of the board see as issues needed to be addressed.

NOTE:  I don't know why they put Bates as a backup when we all know he is penciled in as the starter.

HELP:  I tried getting a screen shot to post but I'm having trouble.  If anyone can do that I'm sure others would appreciate it.

I will EDIT the OP if someone does that to make it easier to reference.

Nice find.

Makes me wonder if Tommy Doyle can play guard or replace Dixon down the road. He is pretty tall for a guard, i did like him as the extra "TE" on certain plays last year.

• Thank you (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Extend Diggs

sign Haden/Fuller/Rhodes/Nelson

sign Julio Jones

Trade Edmunds

Trade up in 1st for Thibodeaux/Hamilton/Stingley/Sauce/JWill

Draft RB  Hall/Walker/Strong/White

Draft WR with YAC/Speed

Draft LB Troy Andersen

we are not extending Diggs, man some of you people need to get over this.

we barely have any money as it is, he has two years on his contract and he'll get paid next when the cap goes up. Y'all act like we are doomed if this doesn't happen and if for some dome reason he sits , there is enough talent on this team to still win the Superbowl.

20 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

We are hairsbreath Away from seeing Cody for playing on this roster we need depth

I was glad to see Bobby Johnson go and Aaron Kromer hired.  I doubt Wyatt Teller would not have been traded to the Browns if Kromer took over in '19.  If Ford flames out under Kromer then he is a wasted pick.

9 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

we are not extending Diggs, man some of you people need to get over this.

we barely have any money as it is, he has two years on his contract and he'll get paid next when the cap goes up. Y'all act like we are doomed if this doesn't happen and if for some dome reason he sits , there is enough talent on this team to still win the Superbowl.

Not so sure about that.  By extending Diggs we could create cap space this year if we feel the need to sign a decent CB free agent.  I have faith that Beane and Diggs will work something out.  

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

The guard projections are almost disqualifyingly uninformed. That Boettger would be listed as a starter, despite his unavailability due to a LATE season Achilles injury, AND the new multi-year deal for Bates who was better as a replacement, AND the acquisition of the obvious new starter at LG...that's a lot of wrong. 

Also, Matakevich as backup at WEAK side LB? That's wrong, too. Minor point, but depth charts are about details.

I mentioned in my OP that I am not familiar with the site or who is listing the depth.  I also mentioned your points on the RG/LG situation.

My main purpose was to get opinions from the board as to "their" depth projection.

The good point of the site is it is attempting to but together a depth chart at all at this time of year.  It's the only one I could find that is

keeping up with al the new signing.  The Bills "official" depth chart will not be out for a long long time.

Good catch on the Dirty Red positioning!  I didn't notice that.

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/2/2022 at 12:13 PM, billsfan1959 said:

117082490_DepthChart.thumb.jpg.814daed316c6852622194c0a80d09af0.jpg

holy ***** we are even deeper and more stacked than I thought.  The first 2 columns add up to 50 players.  50 out of 53.  Meaning between our 8 draft picks, columns 3, and 4, we are keeping only 3.  That really makes sense that Beane wants to move a veteran.  Beane has been super active in FA, he will be super active between now and the end of the draft IMO

looking at that depth chart IMO CB, WR3, RB2, OT3, IOL2, LB2, P, S2 KR  positions that can be upgraded

• Like (+1) 1

As far as "starting" needs the only need on the roster I see is CB and punter. As far as depth needs I would rank Interior O-line, linebacker, DT (need another run stuffer behind Jones and as a longer term replacement for Jones), Safety and WR. Ideally in the draft I would like to see a CB drafted at pick 25 to plug that hole as best as possible and then see IOL/WR be taken with the next two picks then add a linebacker and a NT in rounds 4-5. That should solidify the roster all around with the late rounds just being a punter and the best prospects available. 

Overall with a decent draft the Bills should be able to plug that hole at CB and get the depth they might be missing. It is one of if not the best roster top to bottom in the NFL right now. They just need to find a CB and "top off" the depth at a few key positions. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.