True or False...UNC/Duke the biggest non-championship game in NCAA tourney history?

eball

True or False...UNC/Duke the biggest non-championship game in NCAA tourney history?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. True or False...UNC/Duke the biggest non-championship game in NCAA tourney history?

7 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Can you believe Eric Church would cancel a concert just to watch this game? Way to think of the fans.

Yes.  And me posting this on a site frequented primarily by people who either live in or are from the Buffalo area has been an interesting experiment.

When I graduated from UNC and came back to Buffalo it struck me that college sports just aren’t very important to most Buffalonians.  The local teams are largely inconsequential.  If people are fans, it’s mostly college football and they follow Syracuse or Notre Dame.  In college basketball it was the Big East.

Church (who I knew nothing about until this story broke) didn’t even go to UNC.  He’s just a NC native who grew up a Tar Heel fan, and he understands that Carolina and Duke in the Final Four is a monumental event.  He’s refunding those who bought tickets to his show and anyone “complaining” about missing a country music concert should get a life.

It was a fun game to watch..they were flying up and down the court for most of the game.  It led to some sloppy play at times, but both teams left everything on the court.

there were a bunch of clutch three pointers down the stretch.

It lived up to its billing.

• Like (+1) 1

I don’t think there’s even a question about it.  I’m a UNC fan, so obv I’m a little biased, but this feels better than a natty.  I don’t even care about money night. This was our championship.  Bragging rights over Ratface for life.  ✌️ 🐀 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.