9 Player from College Golf Team Killed

aristocrat

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/13-year-old-was-driving-truck-texas-crash-killed-9-members-new-mexico-rcna20518

According to officials with the National Transportation Safety Board, speaking in a news conference, the 13-year-old boy was driving the truck.

There is a fundraiser to help the victims and their families.

Here’s what you need to know:

Don't let your kid drive the truck at night or ever on the highway.  I'm going to assume the father had a few and thought it was a good idea to have the kid be the dd.  

• Sad 1

Ah, the joys of West Texas...13 year old driving a pickup truck with a spare tire being used as a permanent road wheel with "extensive damage" on the other 3 tires.  

I'm guessing no state vehicle inspection laws in Texas.  This shows you why they are a good idea.

57 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I'm guessing no state vehicle inspection laws in Texas.  This shows you why they are a good idea.

Well, you guessed wrong. We have state inspections in Texas. The problem seems to be more on the enforcement side. You need a current state inspection for the annual re-registration. However, when you walk over a random parking lot, I would guess that 10-20 %  of the vehicles have an expired registration - sometimes by a year or more.

4 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Ah, the joys of West Texas...13 year old driving a pickup truck with a spare tire being used as a permanent road wheel with "extensive damage" on the other 3 tires.  

The kid also burned down the family home three moths ago:

https://nypost.com/2022/03/18/kid-driver-in-horror-texas-smash-had-burned-down-family-home/

On 3/18/2022 at 10:23 AM, aristocrat said:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/13-year-old-was-driving-truck-texas-crash-killed-9-members-new-mexico-rcna20518

According to officials with the National Transportation Safety Board, speaking in a news conference, the 13-year-old boy was driving the truck.

There is a fundraiser to help the victims and their families.

Here’s what you need to know:

Don't let your kid drive the truck at night or ever on the highway.  I'm going to assume the father had a few and thought it was a good idea to have the kid be the dd.  

When I was 14 spending summers on my Uncle's farm I would often be the DD after an evening with his buddies. Always traveled back roads, not highways. Of course by the time I was 16 he'd quit drinking and I'd started so roles were reversed!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.