Raiders getting calls from multiple teams for Derek Carr

BuffaloBills1998

31 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

In order to beat the bengals he would’ve had to actually read the defense and see that Waller was wide open instead of forcing it down the middle to Jones for a game ending INT

Just stopping by to say Carr is the definition of an average QB. I would be furious if I had to have him as the QB for the team I root for. 

• Disagree 1

It should be noted that the Raiders hired McDaniel because he laid out in detail, exactly how he would use CARR and make him better.  That was widely reported as fact at the time.  That doesn't mean they wouldn't make a deal if the right offer came along, but I don't think they have any intention to trade him  

I would add that Carr is someone you could win a SB with if you put a good enough roster around him....but he isn't a guy that carries a squad to the title himself.  I would also add that as noted by several others who replied to this...it's damn hard to find a top 15 NFL QB.  It's also very important that you have one....

Go look at the QB rating or QBR...pick whichever....pretty much you know who made the playoffs?  The guys in the top 15.  If you choice is Carr, or a draft pick....and you aren't even picking up near the top of the draft....you are sticking with Carr.

• Agree 2

On 3/4/2022 at 9:06 PM, Solomon Grundy said:

Maybe Raiders can get a King's ransom and bring back Mariota to be their QB. Mariota has more mobility than Carr. Maybe McDaniels think he can work with that

Honestly, I don’t think the difference is huge between them. I I could get back a great package for Carr, he’d be on the way out. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.