McDermott and Beane interviews from the Scouting Combine

YoloinOhio

I have to say, after watching the full Beane interview with Buffalo reporters, he certainly listed an awful lot of negatives to Edmunds’ play...He also made reference of sometimes a player wanting more than what the Bills think his value is...He also understands the fan frustration because of how high Edmunds was drafted...I think these small hints are telling- that perhaps Beane is closer to the fans and media (in their opinions) than some realize...But I was very surprised by his comments...

1 minute ago, JaCrispy said:

I have to say, after watching the full Beane interview with Buffalo reporters, he certainly listed an awful lot of negatives to Edmunds’ play...He also made reference of sometimes a player wanting more than what the Bills think his value is...He also understands the fan frustration because of how high Edmunds was drafted...I think these small hints are telling- that perhaps Beane is closer to the fans and media (in their opinions) than some realize...But I was very surprised by his comments...

Sounds to me like he’s prepared to make an offer that is in line with where they value him but may not align with what his agent thinks he can get in the market, and that they are anticipating he could ultimately choose to sign elsewhere. 

15 hours ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Just watch some all 22 film of him and you will forget that he is 290. The dude is a technician who plays with great leverage and has a very nasty streak. Excellent in pass pro, can really move and is great in the screen game. 

I'll have to watch some film. Glad that he has great leverage, and I'm sure he could boost his weight after a year. I know Iowa is Big 10 so his competition is formidable, but it's a big cut below what he will be facing in the nfl

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Sounds to me like he’s prepared to make an offer that is in line with where they value him but may not align with what his agent thinks he can get in the market, and that they are anticipating he could ultimately choose to sign elsewhere. 

If that’s the case, and we let him walk after this season, the best we could hope for is a 3rd round compensatory pick.

Therefore, to me, ‘good business’ says if you can get better compensation, this offseason, to take it...

We will see if Beane feels the same...

2 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

Good..... maybe he's finally realizing the Tremaine just isn't making enough impact plays. Regardless of his 1st round pedigree. The old and stale arguments (excuses) of raw youth, alternate pro bowls and "what he's asked to do" just don't carry weight anymore. If McB decides to trade Tremaine, it would usher in a new era of "expediting" player evaluation and production. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.