January 6th 2021 FEDSURRECTION: The Corrupt Biden Regime: White House, FBI, DOJ, media, committee

BillsFanNC

The great weasel-word gaslight: Jan. 6 commission finds nothing on Trump

American Thinker, by Monica Showalter

Liz Cheney's Jan. 6 commission is starting to look stupid. 

Like the clown's outfit that tried to pin impeachment articles on President Trump over utterly nothing, as well as the grotesque fabulists of the Steele dossier who invented and peddled outright lies to manipulate U.S. law enforcement into taking action against Trump, there's no there there, zero substance, and as the truth gets out, they once again look like an awfully sorry bunch.

They've been trying for years to "prove" that Trump is guilty of something, and this current Jan. 6 effort is once again demonstrating their capacity for pratfalls.

Here are two breathy headlines that ran in the last couple days from the New York Times:

Breaking News:

In a court filing, the Jan. 6 panel said there was evidence to conclude that Donald Trump may have committed crimes to try to stay in office.

May?  Did I just see the word "may" in that March 2 headline?  What's the counterpart of "may"?  Yes, the term is "may not" — which means they don't know for sure.  

Commissions like this are appointed to supposedly sort out the facts and come to a jury-like conclusion.  If all they can conclude from this joke investigation, which has excluded significant witnesses and details in the interest of promoting the Democrat agenda, is the word "may" — and its invisible counterpart "may not" — then they don't have jack.

But wait, they are still trying.  Here's their March 3 weasel word of the day:

In a legal filing, the Jan. 6 panel laid out a narrative aimed at showing that Donald Trump knew the 2020 election was not stolen.

Did I just see the word "narrative" — as in, tying lots of events together for the press as a thesis, to keep other events from getting out?  Narrative is a weasel word, a syrup in which gamy facts float in the interest of promoting the Democrat agenda.  Don't ever call that a juridical-style conclusion of actual facts.  Narrative is spin.  But ignore the top part of the tweet because an even bigger weasel word is below in the headline.  Notice the word "suggest"?  Reporters use that weasel word when they know they can't say some variant of the word "is." 

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2022/03/the_great_weaselword_gaslight_the_jan_6_commission_finds_nothing_on_trump.html

• Like (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, BillStime said:

😘- another DR favorite - lmao

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886c4qrebuq8i2r7zhsvh

Bill cares about context and full quotes now everyone!   Bill can you post the rest of this speech and the numerous other times he mocked people in this exact same way

29 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Bill cares about context and full quotes now everyone!   Bill can you post the rest of this speech and the numerous other times he mocked people in this exact same way

“Now the poor guy, you ought to see this guy,” Mr. Trump said, before jerking his arms around and holding his right hand at an angle. 

"‘Ah, I don’t know what I said! I don’t remember!’ ”

• Disagree 2

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

And blow up what he's been told to think/say?  LOL!

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

LINK

Donald Trump has blamed the US constitution for the problems he has encountered during his first 100 days in office.

In an interview with Fox News to mark the milestone, the Republican called the system of checks and balances on power “archaic”.

“It’s a very rough system,” he said. “It’s an archaic system … It’s really a bad thing for the country.”

--------------------------------------

Trump Says The 'Phony' Constitution 'Doesn't Matter' Because He's 'Rich'

Idiots

2 hours ago, BillStime said:

LINK

Donald Trump has blamed the US constitution for the problems he has encountered during his first 100 days in office.

In an interview with Fox News to mark the milestone, the Republican called the system of checks and balances on power “archaic”.

“It’s a very rough system,” he said. “It’s an archaic system … It’s really a bad thing for the country.”

--------------------------------------

Trump Says The 'Phony' Constitution 'Doesn't Matter' Because He's 'Rich'

K out of context Bill.  Here was his full quote:

"I understand what has to be done, I get things done I've always been a closer. We don't have a lot of closers in politics and I understand why. It's a very rough system, it's an archaic system. You look at the rules of the Senate, even the rules of the House, bit the rule of the Senate and some of the things you have to go through, it's really a bad thing for the country in my opinion.

There are archaic rules and maybe at some point, we're going to have to take those rules on because for the good of the nation things are going to have to be different. You can't go through a process like this. It's not fair, it forces you to make bad decisions. I mean, if you're forced into doing things that you would normally not do except for these archaic rules, so --"

He was talking about the rules in the House and Senate that both sides have agreed at times need changing.  

Don't see this quite the same as

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Thank you (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

K out of context Bill.  Here was his full quote:

"I understand what has to be done, I get things done I've always been a closer. We don't have a lot of closers in politics and I understand why. It's a very rough system, it's an archaic system. You look at the rules of the Senate, even the rules of the House, bit the rule of the Senate and some of the things you have to go through, it's really a bad thing for the country in my opinion.

There are archaic rules and maybe at some point, we're going to have to take those rules on because for the good of the nation things are going to have to be different. You can't go through a process like this. It's not fair, it forces you to make bad decisions. I mean, if you're forced into doing things that you would normally not do except for these archaic rules, so --"

He was talking about the rules in the House and Senate that both sides have agreed at times need changing.  

Don't see this quite the same as

giphy.gif?cid=5e2148860qpuo46u880pl33yuz

giphy.gif?cid=5e2148860qpuo46u880pl33yuz