Would Ya? Sam Darnold Edition?

Virgil

On 2/26/2022 at 1:50 AM, Virgil said:

On a side note, think of the fact that we could have Rosen, Josh, and Darnold all on this roster together if we really wanted to.  Hell, even Baker after this season.  It's crazy how that all turned out.

It is quite ironic that this is even feasible.  I wouldn't be totally against Darnold as a backup, but just not sure he has shown enough to hope he can turn his career around.  At least Mitch Trubisky had a degree of success with Chicago and a .596 win percentage, but cannot say the same of Darnold.

18 hours ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Is Rosen even in the league anymore?

He signed a 1 year deal with Atlanta & because he was only on a roster for a short time in 2020 (when he spent most of the season on TB's practice squad before signing with SF) I believe he's a restricted free agent because he doesn't have 4 years in.  

On 2/26/2022 at 5:46 AM, ganesh said:

Couldn't Darnold negotiate with them to release him if he didn't get paid....The Panthers will take a 18M Cap hit...but won't pay 18M tp him and Darnold will get his freedom.  Of course, Darnold could collect the 18M and then walk in FA....

Coming here as a backup to JA, I don't see how Darnold will be willing to give up 18M.

If you were him, you gonna give up 19M to go somewhere else? Understanding this is very likely your last big payday?  Hell no.

On 2/26/2022 at 2:52 AM, Limeaid said:

He requires a lot more work than Mitchell Trubisky so only way I'd like it is if it was a multi-year low value contract.

Bills need to invest in other parts of team and I do not think he is worth as much as Trubisky was.

He gets stability and a chance to show he has improved in games where Bills are comfortably in lead he can be inserted in.

Now if Allen wants to kickback some of his salary to help pay for him his salary could be a bit more.

if he wants to take Mitch slot at 1 mill a year after Panthers cut him(lol not likely), fine I give him a shot.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.