Anybody catch the Holcomb interview on the radio?

On the drive home from school I heard a Kelly Holcomb interview on the radio. He came off as being a big team guy. He was like, a lot of guys would say they look forward to being JP's mentor, but I really mean it. I will do whatever it takes to help this team win. He went on to say that Parrish was, "lighting fast" and will cause a lot of mismatches in the slot

I was thrilled when I heard about the Holcomb signing. He has a fair amount of starting experience and when he has played he has been fairly productive. If Cleveland had had a solid defense when he was there I think that team would have won many games with him as their starter.

At least we dont have to worry about the season if god forbid something was to happen to JPL.....

(knocking on wood)

329433[/snapback]

Right, because Kelly Holcombe couldn't be much worse than JPL who can't be any worse than Drew Bledsoe. :lol:

CW

He also said the Kellen Winslow was a good guy but a bit of a free spirit. Holcomb said he grew up on motorcycles and skiing but has put both aside until his career is over. Until then he'll simply hit the little white ball - which he was on his way to do when they were doing the interview.

Oh, and shutup about Drew, Fezmid. :lol:

Until then he'll simply hit the little white ball - which he was on his way to do when they were doing the interview.

329534[/snapback]

Smart move. You really have to be a total jackass to get hurt playing golf.

Either that, or really unlucky. "Did you guys hear something? Sounded like someone yelled "Whore!"

Either that, or really unlucky. "Did you guys hear something? Sounded like someone yelled "Whore!"

329543[/snapback]

I dunno...I was playing at a public course a couple years back. I was standing in the fairway on one hole waiting to shoot, while another guy was in the fairway adjacent to mine (going in the opposite direction). He was just a little bit in front of me, but basically directly to my right side by about 20 yards.

I heard a swing, and felt a "whiz" go right in front of my nose.

That bastard hit the ball directly sideways.

I still cannot figure out how he did that, but that ball came about 1 inch from my head at a blistering pace. If he had hit the ball any more forward, I don't even want to know what kind of brain damage I would have now.

Kelly Holcomb was a HUGE signing for this team.....Hopefully we won't have the need (or want) to find out how huge it really was, but I love our QB situation right now. I can't believe TD was able to lock him up for four years......that's part of why I think this signing was so important. If JP is a player, we have excellent stability at that position.

Holcomb's signing still perplexes me. Why did he sign here at a bargain where he could've gone elsewhere, maybe started, and still earned more?

But I'm stoked to have him here. It's like having Frank Reich all over again. 0:)

Holcomb's signing still perplexes me.  Why did he sign here at a bargain where he could've gone elsewhere, maybe started, and still earned more?

But I'm stoked to have him here.  It's like having Frank Reich all over again.    0:)

329814[/snapback]

Honestly, I thought the exact same thing.....the deal was very favorable for us. Almost like he was resigning himself to just being a back up instead of ever fighting for a starting job again. Either way, we're set for four years with him......I love the signing.

Many moons ago my buddy was getting married and the mornign of the wedding his older brother(...) talks a bunch of us into hitting the course before the ceremony. We're out there partying our way through the round and he's in the group in front of me and while they're on a tee block he yells back at us on the preceeding green asking for a lighter. So I fired a perfect 40yrd strike with a Bic, but being a lineman he was short on brains and hands and didn't anticipate the natural curve of a Bic at distances over 15yrds. Of course it went right past his hand and nailed him square in the face. So in every family wedding pic from that day, he's sporting a big shiner. 0:)

I don't even want to know what kind of brain damage I would have now.

Must...be....kinder....and....gentler..... :lol:

329543[/snapback]

Oh, to have such a short memory span to be able to forget the former Bills' QB who I'm sure would have been capable of doing just that....

0:)

Must...be....kinder....and....gentler.....  0:)

329821[/snapback]

Maybe you should start by changing your title...

:lol:

I dunno...I was playing at a public course a couple years back. I was standing in the fairway on one hole waiting to shoot, while another guy was in the fairway adjacent to mine (going in the opposite direction). He was just a little bit in front of me, but basically directly to my right side by about 20 yards.

I heard a swing, and felt a "whiz" go right in front of my nose.

That bastard hit the ball directly sideways.

I still cannot figure out how he did that, but that ball came about 1 inch from my head at a blistering pace. If he had hit the ball any more forward, I don't even want to know what kind of brain damage I would have now.

329610[/snapback]

That was you, huh? Sorry about that.

0:):lol:

Mike

I loved the signing of Holcomb. He seems to thrive coming off the bench. Sort of like the 6th man coming off the bench in the NBA. It seems he's more effective in shorter stints as opposed to starting over the long haul. Should JP go down for any unforseen reason, Holcomb should provide a spark. The Bills just might boast the perfect backup when you account for his desire to be just that, a backup.

Maybe you should start by changing your title...

Doh! You're like one of those galdanged referees that sees everything.

Now I'm going to have to start calling you "sir". 0:)

329543[/snapback]

I remember Jim Kelly twisting his ankle when he stepped in a rodent hole while playing golf. The Caddyshack jokes on morning radio went on for a least a week.

Doh! You're like one of those galdanged referees that sees everything.

Now I'm going to have to start calling you "sir".  0:)

329931[/snapback]

Rubes, that bastard. He has a tendency to get under ones skin ( inside pun ).

Rubes, that bastard. He has a tendency to get under ones skin ( inside pun ).

329938[/snapback]

Maybe if I was a surgeon....

0:)

Right, because Kelly Holcombe couldn't be much worse than JPL who can't be any worse than Drew Bledsoe.  :lol:

CW

329468[/snapback]

What a shock. Fezmid making a DB reference... 0:):lol:

Give it up dude.