Anybody catch the Holcomb interview on the radio?

So far, I think it was the single best off season move by TD.

That said, I was not crazy about drafting Parrish (just think we could have better starting WR material or CB material -ie. Justin Miller, from that pick long term than Parrish) and not trying to sign Pat Williams, I think he has done a good job to put us in a postion to compete this year.

Next year, we will have two young guys on the OL that will compete for starting jobs (JG and DP) and possibly even a guy that could step into the third CB role in King.

So far, I think it was the single best off season move by TD.

That said, I was not crazy about drafting Parrish (just think we could have better starting WR material or CB material -ie. Justin Miller, from that pick long term than Parrish) and not trying to sign Pat Williams, I think he has done a good job to put us in a postion to compete this year.

Next year, we will have two young guys on the OL that will compete for starting jobs (JG and DP) and possibly even a guy that could step into the third CB role in King.

331187[/snapback]

I'll be interested to see how Justin Miller turns out as a pro compared to Parrish. I think TD and MM were going to take a playmaker on offense unless there was a defensive player on the board that was just too good to pass up. I, too, have a good feeling about a few of the draft picks. Eric King seems like the kind of guy who plays with a chip on his shoulder and has the talent to back it up. I'm not crazy about having another undersized CB, but I have a good feeling about this guy. Geisinger seems like an absolute monster....I can't wait to see if he develops into anything. Preston seems to be a smart, productive player who McNally could mold into a starter for us. All in all, I think this draft has some potential to be a good one.

I dunno...I was playing at a public course a couple years back. I was standing in the fairway on one hole waiting to shoot, while another guy was in the fairway adjacent to mine (going in the opposite direction). He was just a little bit in front of me, but basically directly to my right side by about 20 yards.

I heard a swing, and felt a "whiz" go right in front of my nose.

That bastard hit the ball directly sideways.

I still cannot figure out how he did that, but that ball came about 1 inch from my head at a blistering pace. If he had hit the ball any more forward, I don't even want to know what kind of brain damage I would have now.

329610[/snapback]

There was a story, purported to be true about my former bishop in the Unted Methodist Church. The story goes that he swung under the ball, trying to drive it off the tee. The ball went straight up, I mean PERFECTLY straight up. In his frustration at the terrible miss, the bishop wound up and swung again just as the ball was coming down. He connected and hit a perfect drive, just as the ball reached the ground.

I hope we bring in Tim Couch as our #3. :o

330318[/snapback]

Dingo, you're a weenie.

I got to see Holcomb quite a bit with the Browns. It always seemed that in his best games, the Browns would ultimately come up short.

Maybe that was the fault of the defense, but Holcomb always seemed to not quite have enough as a starter. I like him as a backup, but we better hope that J.P. can stay upright.

Mike

Dingo, you're a weenie. 

I got to see Holcomb quite a bit with the Browns.  It always seemed that in his best games, the Browns would ultimately come up short.

Maybe that was the fault of the defense, but Holcomb always seemed to not quite have enough as a starter.  I like him as a backup, but we better hope that J.P. can stay upright.

Mike

331446[/snapback]

Couldn't be the fact that Browns may very well have had the worst 10 other starters in the NFL playing with him, could it?

Seriously, name one guy on that roster that would have clearly started over his BILLS' offensive counterpart. Good luck.

What a shock. Fezmid making a DB reference... :o  :doh:

Give it up dude.

330204[/snapback]

Did you read that article regarding the reaction inside the locker room? It seems about half of them weren't thrilled to see DB released.

This rookie (and yes he is still very green) has alot riding on his shoulders. I, for one, don't expect him to lead us to the playoffs. I can already see the wallers blaming everybody else but him should we struggle to score points!

Big Ben had a hard time doing anything positive in the playoffs. He struggled to play well against the best teams. His defense and running game helped him ALOT!

I'm a realist and don't expect a 10-6 record. I do expect the D to play as well or even better the past two years but it's hard to see teams duplicating last year's magic. We're going to need Willis to run alot more and more effectively. This will depend on the line tho.