Bills’ Stefon Diggs making recruiting pitch at Pro Bowl

HOUSE

18 hours ago, RangerDave said:

I wonder what Diggs' current WR teammates think of him recruiting other WR's to play for us?  Whose playing time would they take?  Gabe?  Beasley? Knox?

I'd rather him try to recruit positions where we are not as well stocked.  Of course, this is probably just Diggs playing around....

If you don’t immediately answer Beasley then you didn’t watch the games this year. He has definitely lost his quickness  and agility. If all you can now do is run into an open area of a zone, your career is near its end. He is lucky if they keep him for his remaining year without asking for a salary reduction. Plus we also lost Sanders who I assume is retiring. 

Edited by Locomark

18 hours ago, RangerDave said:

I wonder what Diggs' current WR teammates think of him recruiting other WR's to play for us?  Whose playing time would they take?  Gabe?  Beasley? Knox?

I'd rather him try to recruit positions where we are not as well stocked.  Of course, this is probably just Diggs playing around....

Hopefully, upgrades for Beasley or Knox! 

Diggs is at the Pro Bowl! He’s not trolling for dudes from the Sunday Beer League... like the Bills had in Josh’s first year!

26 minutes ago, Locomark said:

If you don’t immediately answer Beasley then you didn’t watch the games this year. He has definitely lost his quickness  and agility. If all you can now do is run into an open area of a zone, your career is near its end. He is lucky if they keep him for his remaining year without asking for a salary reduction. Plus we also lost Sanders who I assume is retiring. 

I assumed Daboll will pay Sanders decently to help the giants.

21 hours ago, muppy said:

I will say that money talks so most NFL players will IMO go to a team whomever will pay top dollar. McBeane will make hiring decisions as they always have , which imo is  boldly for people they DO covet..... and the players will need to be first and foremost Upgrades.......I mean they will be making some tough touch calls and personnel decisions here...let the speculation begin......

m

Yes, but what if multiple teams will pay more or less top dollar?  Then it's a question of going where you can win, at least for some/most athletes.  I do think some really don't care and would chose other factors over ability to win, as long as the pay is top dollar, but that is the minority.

Don't forget, most football players in the NFL come from top college programs, and they, almost to a man, love the college-like atmosphere in WNY.  Having fun is contagious and they tell this to their playing colleagues.  Soon, word travels around the league that WNY is a great place to play with amazing fans.

I do think that counts for something with a lot of players, as a lot of players seem to mention this.

As long as things keep going the way they are now, we should not have trouble attracting top players.

Edited by Nextmanup
  • Thank you (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Yes, but what if multiple teams will pay more or less top dollar?  Then it's a question of going where you can win, at least for some/most athletes.  I do think some really don't care and would chose other factors over ability to win, as long as the pay is top dollar, but that is the minority.

Don't forget, most football players in the NFL come from top college programs, and they, almost to a man, love the college-like atmosphere in WNY.  Having fun is contagious and they tell this to their playing colleagues.  Soon, word travels around the league that WNY is a great place to play with amazing fans.

I do think that counts for something with a lot of players, as a lot of players seem to mention this.

As long as things keep going the way they are now, we should not have trouble attracting top players.

thanks for responding! The type of player who would command such grand offers I mean,..meh Im not so sure McBeane would want to pull the trigger on such a lofty contract...I mean let me also say that numbers are NOT my thing . Im perfectly happy that contract financial cap etc NFL  experts on here discuss with great detail the specifics of those deals. And how those decisions impact what could be years down the road. right? I trust McBeane

EDIT: regarding playing in Buffalo and the college type atmosphere No quibbling there. Best Fanbase in the NFL. If that helps a great addition want to come here Im all about that! And the fanbase is waaay past due for a Lombardi. By all means necessary. Thats the rub though.....who to draft, sign, all of that. 

m

Edited by muppy

3 minutes ago, 4BillsintheBurgh said:

I think retirement was dependent on winning the super bowl. Seems like given his statements around that subject he wouldn't join the giants though.

If that is true than I would like him back at the right price. 

1 minute ago, Locomark said:

If that is true than I would like him back at the right price. 

Meh, I didn't think he had that big of an impact over the course of the year. I'm sure he's great in the locker room but I don't know if we need that as much anymore and I wouldn't mind seeing an upgrade. I'm hoping for a first round pick, with Diggs/Davis/Beasley it seems like a decent time to bring in a guy who can threaten the deep third, get acclimated slowly, then next year take a prominent role.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.