SB Nation article - Josh a mega star

Royale with Cheese

Just now, Limeaid said:

Ben did not evolve but Josh is always trying to evolve and learn. He is perfect QB for Coach McD.

He will have to change the way he plays though if he plans on playing past 40. I would imagine as he gets older and slower he won't be running much anyway. Just like Elway's career went.

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, ThurmanThomasEnglishMuffin said:

Even as Bills fans we wondered if Josh Allen could reach his ceiling and be able to sustain it for more than one game.

Now we know. We know what he can do, we saw it, in pressure filled playoff games two weeks in a row. The whole NFL world saw what he can do for multiple games. If we get that Josh Allen for 17 games next year the Bills should be hosting the playoffs instead of the Chiefs. Play that game at Orchard Park and it may have been different.

This year feels a bit like 1989. It wasn't bickering, but it was a let down coming off of a AFC Championship game the year prior.

JA knows the level he needs to play at now, and he can do it. The whole football world knows now. No more Jacksonville or Pittsburgh style games if you want home field and a more secure path to the Super Bowl.

McDermott took one on the chin too. He knows he can not waste any more Allen seasons. I hope Beane pulls the trigger on the next Melvin Ingram/ Von Miller style opportunity mid season. The Bills did nothing to improve the team as the season wore on. Multiple players became available who could have helped and we did nothing. The chips should be all in from now on. We all know we have the QB, you have to go all in.

This sucks right now, but it may be for the best going forward.

I just hope the front office doesn't Rodgers him. As in Josh is amazing let's give him 1 great weapon and spend every pick on defense his whole career, he's good enough to do it with no name recievers. I say you have to give josh even more weapons. Look what kc did, asked mahomes who he wanted, he wanted ceh and he got him. Beane needs to get josh some speed at rb or wr or both and make an investment in protection. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Norcalbillsfan said:

I just hope the front office doesn't Rodgers him. As in Josh is amazing let's give him 1 great weapon and spend every pick on defense his whole career, he's good enough to do it with no name recievers. I say you have to give josh even more weapons. Look what kc did, asked mahomes who he wanted, he wanted ceh and he got him. Beane needs to get josh some speed at rb or wr or both and make an investment in protection. 

As players absorb more and more of salary cap they usually need to deal with less and less talent unless players are getting something on side and/or they are looking to raise awareness for future contracts by higher stats.  Once Bills win a Superbowl we may get players who want the bling.

14 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I know what he wrote, but what achievements or accomplishments or what all make this Jason Kirk dude "great"? 

Like I would call Greg Cosell "great" as a film analyst because he's been analyzing film on NFL QBs since the '80s and seems to know his ***** and be generally respected and highly regarded by NFL insider types.  There are some other guys whose opinions or mannerisms I may not be in sync with, but who have made genuinely big contributions one way or another and might merit to be called great.

I also think Greg Cosell as a film analyst, he know what he is talking about.  I was prepared not to like him because he uncle was such a blowhard.  I as well have no idea who Jason Kirk is or if his opinion has any weight.

On 1/26/2022 at 9:01 AM, Limeaid said:

As players absorb more and more of salary cap they usually need to deal with less and less talent unless players are getting something on side and/or they are looking to raise awareness for future contracts by higher stats.  Once Bills win a Superbowl we may get players who want the bling.

True it does get harder to sign big money free agents and replace those that leave. But that's why drafting is so important. Chiefs are a great example, creed Humphries is in rookie of the year talk when excluding chase. Look what nick Bolton did to us as a rookie on the big stage. It looks like the chiefs hit 2 home runs and have them on rookie deals.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.