One player that deserves a lot of credit from last night?

Just now, billscsg said:

Ever since Bates was inserted at LG the OLine play drastically improved.

Run game and pass protection was much improved.

I couldn’t agree more. Once Williams slid inside and Bates was inserted at LG it was entirely different. I know a roster is constantly moving but boy if like to see them leave those five guys alone going into next year. Add some middle round draft picks and a couple of free agents but leave the starting five alone.

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

I couldn’t agree more. Once Williams slid inside and Bates was inserted at LG it was entirely different. I know a roster is constantly moving but boy if like to see them leave those five guys alone going into next year. Add some middle round draft picks and a couple of free agents but leave the starting five alone.

I still want to see another addition and a new O-Line coach. They regressed badly before stumbling on a good combination late in the season

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Spencer Brown struggled again in his pass pro. Bates had a solid game I thought Mitch Morse was outstanding. If that is him calling it a career (that is the rumour) he went out with a great performance. 

Ingram tossed Brown like a ragdoll(ala Reggie White) on the one 4th down play and made Allen have to do a magical escape act. Other than that didn't notice him too much which is usually a good thing.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, damj said:

I still want to see another addition and a new O-Line coach. They regressed badly before stumbling on a good combination late in the season

We agree there. I’m a huge Spencer Brown fan. That guy loves to hit people. The fact that his discovery on a rookie deal allowed Williams to slide inside while already under a new RT contract is truly playing with house money. 

Edited by SoCal Deek

Just now, Big Turk said:

Ingram tossed Brown like a ragdoll(ala Reggie White) on the one 4th down play and made Allen have to do a magical escape act. Other than that didn't notice him too much which is usually a good thing.

He got beat a few times. Love him in the run game. A bit of technique work needed in pass pro. To be expected. He is very raw still.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

He got beat a few times. Love him in the run game. A bit of technique work needed in pass pro. To be expected. He is very raw still.

Dude mauls people in the run game...have seen him block two people on a play with regularity and pancake both.

Bates has made a significant difference.

One of the things often talked about with O-Lines, is their need to jell as a group. Bates made that happen.

Imho, a lot of it is simply that he doesn't make actual mistakes. Sure he will get beaten from time to time, but it isn't because he's not trying to do what he is supposed to, on any given play.

The likes of Ford, Feliciano and Boettger, made too many mistakes in what they were supposed to be doing.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.