Are coaches always to blame - McD, Frazier & Daboll?

Billsfan1972

1 hour ago, Billsfan1972 said:

No Davis bobbled the ball and did not have complete possession.

Also Romo descried two Bills offensive possessions as just too conservative and they were both times 2nd & 4 or less and called runs.  They were @ 7-7 and the Bills first possession of the second half.  I was apoplectic and telling my friends how stupid they were.  

Those are small things to quibble about.  The last 13 seconds was unbelievable incompetence by the coaching.

It’s indefensible. The coaching staff panicked. They were scared to death of Tyreek Hill and not attempting the squib kick is the most idiotic thing I’ve seen a coach do in a long time. It was as if McDermott got caught up in the emotions of the game after the game tying TD and had a complete brain fart. 

20 minutes ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

Does anyone really believe that it was impossible to do a better job with 13 seconds left? NO! It was a colossal failure, and I will go to my grave believing there are alot coaches around the league who would have gotten the job done. At the end it means nothing other than Bills fans and players are left feeling like ***** again.

We have to remember that McDermott is still learning on the fly. Would it be wise for him to look around the league and learn from other teams situations? Situational football is the part that is missing from McDermott's portfolio. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

We have to remember that McDermott is still learning on the fly. Would it be wise for him to look around the league and learn from other teams situations? Situational football is the part that is missing from McDermott's portfolio. 

It couldn't hurt

18 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

And next year's excuse????

The first thing I said was "Don't kick it out of the endzone and make them waste 6-7 seconds on the return".    

And according to some I know absolutely nothing.

This one is hard.

BTW 9 ( all were 98-102 yards except one was an on-side kick) of 1095 Kickoffs returned for TDs.  You kick it to the 10 (i.e hang in the air) and there is the difference.

41 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Still learning????? How many passes is this fan base going to give this guy???  

4 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Still learning????? How many passes is this fan base going to give this guy???  

Unfortunately we'll probably hear this again down the line.

McD seems to do a lot really well and certainly has improved, but this one is hard to understand.

5 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

WTF??

What losers.  I did not want to keep airing our continual back & forth in the thread.  Pretty obvious you disagree with every post & thread and was trying to politely put an end to this crap.  

You don't agree, but make it personal.

You think I really care about you people hiding behind keyboards.  

I'm a fan who's on a site about my favorite football team and express opinions. Big F'ing deal.

8 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

What losers.  I did not want to keep airing our continual back & forth in the thread.  Pretty obvious you disagree with every post & thread and was trying to politely put an end to this crap.  

You don't agree, but make it personal.

You think I really care about you people hiding behind keyboards.  

I'm a fan who's on a site about my favorite football team and express opinions. Big F'ing deal.

I guess I should be sad I didn't get a PM from you?

Wanna talk about weather?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.