Does Anyone here watch Emeril Live?

Did you see that awesome souffle he whipped up the other night?

Your thoughts?

328208[/snapback]

My thoughts are that this thread is further proof that life without hockey sucks.

I think Tara is going to be heartbroken when she finds out her husband is playing for the other team...

:blink:

328234[/snapback]

Is JSP turnin' all metro-sexual on us? :)

Well I HAVE been listening to Mike and Mike in the Morning. Maybe that whiny little bastard is somehow subliminally influencing me. I must reflect on this.

328246[/snapback]

Take your time... :blink:

My thoughts are that this thread is further proof that life without hockey sucks.

328233[/snapback]

What's that like? I watched our ECHL team shutout Trenton last night 6-0 (along with 6451 other hockey fans in yet another sellout) in the first game of the National Conference Finals.

Good times.

Did you see that awesome souffle he whipped up the other night? I thought it looked like Millard Fillmore!

Your thoughts?

328208[/snapback]

I missed the souffle, dammit! But I am a fan of Emerile's and of the Food Network generally. I search ahead and DVR the programs describing dishes I am interested in. Later, I dump them down to VHS. I also print out the recipes from the FN web site for future reference.

Does this make me gay? If you all say so. But I will say this, I have been able to churn some impressive dinners at home for my lady friends and their reviews have been rave. Oh yeah, and they REALLY liked the food, too. :blink:

Oh, and my favorite show is Everyday Italian with Giada DeLaurentis. She is just too damn cute! :)

Oh wait, I forgot, I am gay. LOL! :)

If Emeril ran out in front of my car and got run down, I wouldn't weep. It has an overriding taste that bad chefs use to mask the fact that they are using crappy ingredients. See Olive Garden.

Confine garlic to toast, or use it in extreme moderation.

If Emeril ran out in front of my car and got run down, I wouldn't weep.  It  has an overriding taste that bad chefs use to mask the fact that they are using crappy ingredients. See Olive Garden.

Confine garlic to toast, or use it in extreme moderation.

328345[/snapback]

I will concede that he overdoes it on the garlic, BUT, there are actually people out there who actually love garlic that much. It is either because of their heritage or their taste. In his case, I think it is both.

BTW, I have cooked several of his recipes, and I have used the amount of garlic called for in the written recipe, and everyone loved it. If you don't like garlic, just use less. It's just his trademark and given the budget of the show and of his restaurants, I hardly think it is to cover up inferior ingredients.

I will concede that he overdoes it on the garlic, BUT, there are actually people out there who actually love garlic that much.  It is either because of their heritage or their taste.  In his case, I think it is both.

BTW, I have cooked several of his recipes, and I have used the amount of garlic called for in the written recipe, and everyone loved it.  If you don't like garlic, just use less.  It's just his trademark and given the budget of the show and of his restaurants, I hardly think it is to cover up inferior ingredients.

328355[/snapback]

I see your points, Bob, but at too many restuarants, it is piled on before it gets to your table - the assumption being you like a lot of garlic, right? I've had to send back items from beef to vegetables to potatoes because of that - I ask about it beforehand, get an affirmation from the waiter, and bingo there it is - in quantity.

And it is so powerful, it can indeed cover up bad ingredients.

I see your points, Bob, but at too many restuarants, it is piled on before it gets to your table - the assumption being you like a lot of garlic, right? I've had to send back items from beef to vegetables to potatoes because of that - I ask about it beforehand, get an affirmation from the waiter, and bingo there it is - in quantity.

And it is so powerful, it can indeed cover up bad ingredients.

328364[/snapback]

I see your problem. If you don't like a lot of it, it is a hassle under those circumstances.

I haven't been to the OG in a while. I wonder if their heavy use of the stuff is due to the popularity of Emerile? I think he does it mostly because it is his trademark. The crowd always applauds at the mention of it and he sometimes puts in more as a result. I happen to really like the stuff, but for those who don't like it in large quantities, I could see where it could get annoying.