Does Anyone here watch Emeril Live?

What's that like?  I watched our ECHL team shutout Trenton last night 6-0 (along with 6451 other hockey fans in yet another sellout) in the first game of the National Conference Finals.

Good times.

328257[/snapback]

When they score, do they throw a baby seal on the ice ?

When they score, do they throw a baby seal on the ice ?

328370[/snapback]

Actually, after the first goal people throw fish heads, fish, and some derivative of the visiting teams moniker (rubber chickens when the Gulls are in town, dog collars and little stuffed animal puppies or dog bones when the Ice Dogs are in town, etc).

Actually, after the first goal people throw fish heads, fish, and some derivative of the visiting teams moniker (rubber chickens when the Gulls are in town, dog collars and little stuffed animal puppies or dog bones when the Ice Dogs are in town, etc).

328479[/snapback]

Emeril would probably toss a hissy, especially with the dog bones.

He's been a regular part of programming in our household for many years- you can surely argue that there are better and more creative chefs becasue you'd be right- but no chef in the history of Television has convinced more people in America to go to their kitchen and try to cook something new. He exposes the faslehoods of precision in measure and promotes bold confidence in even occasional cooks to tackle things they would otherwise have only eaten in restaurants.

I realize he gets real mixed reviews also in New Orleans, and his restaurants like Nola and Emeril's aren't the best in town overall, yet the appetizers at Nola's are world class and the Garden District Restaurant Emeril owns- Delmonico- is one of the best restaurants in the world, at least the world of this poster. If you're going to the Saints game this year you have a plethora of great places to eat; the one place I absolutely won't miss will be Delmonico.