[Entertainment] LOST discussion thread

duey

I think of the three characters that were blown off the raft, the Korean guy is most likely to die. With his inability to speak English his story has limits. To make the show last they need to lose and add characters.

When Danielle was about to hand over the baby she looked down at it as if she was going to take a bite out of it. On ABC's morning show they showed a deleted seen with Danielle sipping out of an egg. I seriously wonder if she is a cannibal.

The scene with Claire getting the baby back made me think back a couple of episodes - they did this scene already.

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone else know the last names of the characters...i have searched the net to some degree with little luck...i bring this up because the last names we do know all carry a significance...so maybe the last names of some of the other main characters do as well...

John "Locke" - philosopher

Danielle "Russeau" - philosopher

Jack "Shepherd" - He takes care of everyone on the island...

346570[/snapback]

I just love the how much time and effort we are all putting into this show. Have any of you been this much into any other show...ever?

This line make me wonder... 

Last night I rewatched the scene with the "others".  The old man's reaction to Michael telling them that they had survived an airplane crash was interesting.  He said:

"An airplane crash? Ya' don't say." 

I guess it's the way he said it... like an adult responding to a child's imaginary storyline. Like "Oh You just saw a purple dragon?  You don't say. That's nice."

I not totally sure what it might mean but I think it could be possible that the plane crash was an implanted or imagined memory.  That might be why the numbers and other survivors keep showing up it the backstories of characters. 

Again my logic isn't 100% here but it just seems that the old man's reaction to the survivors on the raft and that tag line might mean that all has not been what it seems. 

Feel free to flame away.

346545[/snapback]

No flaming in this thread. A solid theory. My take on his response was that it sounded like the fact that Michael said they were survivors of a plane crash came as no surprise.

So, watching it again tonight on the re-run.

-The scene with Jin and Michael on the raft.... Jin has a handcuff on the hand most people wear their watch; kind of symbolic of how his life as a slave to his f-i-l (probably not a coincidence that the Black Rock had slaves in shackles too). He gives Michael the watch; a gift of time.... I don't know, but ever since I read The Sound and The Fury, that passage runs through my mind every time I put my watch on. Faulkner was probably the greatest American writer.

...Father gave it to me he said, 'I give you the mausoleum of all hope and desire; it’s rather excruciatingly apt that you will use it to gain the reducto absurdum of all human experience which can fit your individual needs no better than it fitted his or his father’s. I give it to you not that you may remember time, but that you might forget it now and then for a moment and not spend all your breath trying to conquer it.'

- I listened to what the bird screached again, and I couldn't make out 'Hurley!' but my hearing is going....

- "Boone was a scrifice that the island demanded." Locke is evil.

- The scene with the three women was a little Shakespearian; I reference particularly Richard III and the "litany of curses" that all of the queens launch against the title villian. Each of those women have/had a family member on the island, which makes them unique in that regard. Given that, this scene had a purpose. Shannon's brother "died heroically," Jin is risking his life on the raft on the chance he can hail a rescue for everyone else, Aaron (or is it Erin?)... you fill in the blank.

Not sure if this was posted or not:

ABC has left fans one more hint of what's to come on the second season of hit TV show Lost on Oceanic-Air.com. The site for Oceanic Flight 815 in the series has a new, hidden Flash teaser that you can now watch.

To do so, click on the link below Then at the bottom of the site, where it says 'Travellers', type in Hurley's "lucky" numbers 4, 8, 15, 16, 23 and 42. Click on 'Find' which will take you to the flight's seating chart. Next, click on those numbers again in order right below the chart and the teaser will start.

http://www.oceanic-air.com/

"They're not the survivors they thought they were?"

There are new images on the seating chart page at the Oceanic site. Check out Locke's.

I looks like he was EXPECTING to crash land on the island!

Also check out Shannon's new images (a map of the island!).

Also, why, when you click on shannon's seat, does Sayid's I.D. come up? Could she really be the girl he "lost"... Could Jack (vodka bottle) really be Jack's dad? Two quotes stick out for me... 1) "things are not as they seem" and 2) They are not who they thought they were".

Has anyone seen an interpretation of the numbers and symbols of Jack's tattoo? It always seems to be prominently displayed.

Also, a theory on why Locke did not fear being "dropped" in to the hole. He had said previously, in order to get something (dynamite) you need to give something (Arzst). There was no trade in place; therefore Locke's life was safe.

The pilot episode is going to be re-broadcast tonight (June 1st) at 10:00 PM.  I hope they plan on re-running the entire season over the summer.

GO BILLS 2005!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

348844[/snapback]

Definitely going to watch that!

The pilot episode is going to be re-broadcast tonight (June 1st) at 10:00 PM.  I hope they plan on re-running the entire season over the summer.

GO BILLS 2005!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

348844[/snapback]

Thanks for the heads up. :lol:

I figured it out.... maybe. They are all really dead and the others are the close ones that they "lost" in real life. First, why did jack drink and accumulate the vodka when he said that he didn't drink when he was in the airport? and, I guess Charlie was caught with the drugs and that's why he was running to the bathroom.... to hide the stuff.

anyway, maybe everyone has to atone for their mistakes and come full circle before they go on to their after life. Or maybe some of them are really the ones that they "lost".

Food for thought.

I figured it out.... maybe. They are all really dead and the others are the close ones that they "lost" in real life. First, why did jack drink and accumulate the vodka when he said that he didn't drink when he was in the airport? and, I guess Charlie was caught with the drugs and that's why he was running to the bathroom.... to hide the stuff.

anyway, maybe everyone has to atone for their mistakes and come full circle before they go on to their after life. Or maybe some of them are really the ones that they "lost".

Food for thought.

349314[/snapback]

The thinking that they are dead, or in purgatory, was dismissed by the show's creators.

But the show is about redemption and atonment, just not in an after life sort of sense (again, according to the creators).

after watching teh first episode again tonight the "monster" had the same mechanical sound and sucked trees into the ground as it did in the last episode.

349320[/snapback]

Yeah, but one thing that made me wonder (might be looking WAY too far into it)...

If it's a security system and is tripped by entering the "dark territory" as the French Woman said...then what tripped it the first night when everyone was on the beach?

Was it the rest of the survivors? The others coming to check the crash site out? Ethan? Just food for thought.

Yeah, but one thing that made me wonder (might be looking WAY too far into it)...

If it's a security system and is tripped by entering the "dark territory" as the French Woman said...then what tripped it the first night when everyone was on the beach?

Was it the rest of the survivors? The others coming to check the crash site out? Ethan? Just food for thought.

349322[/snapback]

how about the dog?

after watching teh first episode again tonight the "monster" had the same mechanical sound and sucked trees into the ground as it did in the last episode.

349320[/snapback]

I was thinking the same thing. Maybe it is a machine, rather than a monster.

Go Bills 2005!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was thinking the same thing.  Maybe it is a machine, rather than a monster.

Go Bills 2005!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

349339[/snapback]

I wondered about that myself. But the thing shows mobility. That first night it was at the edge of the beach. Then it was at the crash site. When it attacked Walt it was also outside the "dark territory". I guess it could be massive defense system with mechanical traps and sound effects planted everywhere on the island but that just doesn't feel right.

But the thing that grabbed Locke in the finale was definately mechanical.

The smoke and the polar bear seem very sophisticated while the trap that got Locke seemed to be no more than an a pressure strung rope trap on an gear drawn wheel.

Maybe a combination of mechanical traps and biological "monster"? I don't know.

God this show is great.

Scifi.com

Lost Answers Are Out There

1-24-05

Damon Lindelof, co-creator of ABC's hit series Lost, told SCI FI Wire that he and fellow executive producers J.J. Abrams and Bryan Burk have carefully worked out the answers to the castaway island's mysteries, including the nature of the unseen jungle monster, some of which may be revealed by the end of the first season. "Every mystery that we present on the show—What is the monster? Where does Ethan come from? Why hasn't Claire had her baby yet?—all those are questions that we know the answers to," Lindelof told reporters at the network's winter press tour in Universal City, Calif. "But how and when we present those answers is not written in stone. ... Hopefully we ... won't betray the audience. ... All I can say is, we're trying, we're doing our best, and we think the answers that we have are pretty cool."

Lindelof said that a DVD set of the first season will come out this summer, before a second season begins in the fall. As the show progresses, he added, it won't venture too far into science fiction as its mysteries unfold. "We're still trying to be ... firmly ensconced in the world of science fact," he said in an interview. "I don't think we've shown anything on the show yet ... that has no rational explanation in the real world that we all function within. We certainly hint at psychic phenomena, happenstance and ... things being in a place where they probably shouldn't be. But nothing is flat-out impossible. There are no spaceships. There isn't any time travel."

As the first season winds up, expect guest stars, including former The X-Files star Robert Patrick, Lindelof said. "I think part of the fun of our show is that guest stars can pop up in flashbacks, and it'll be a real surprise to the audience," he said. "Instead of stunting it or promo'ing it that way, to suddenly see Robert Patrick on an episode of Lost, I think, is potentially very exciting for people. I'm kind of sorry that slipped out." Patrick appears in a scene during a flashback involving Sawyer (Josh Holloway). What about Keri Russell, who starred in Abrams' earlier series, Felicity? "Well, I don't know if she'll turn up on Lost or [Abrams' other ABC show] Alias or anything, but her and J.J. are always threatening to work together again, so it could happen anytime or anywhere. Keep your eyes peeled."