Yet Again, The Right Doesn’t Understand Freedom of Speech Doesn’t Mean Freedom from Consequences

I hope everyone here is sick of these right wing snowflakes that can’t live with the consequences of their actions. Party of personal responsibility my ***.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/27/opinions/lets-go-brandon-schmeck-obeidallah/index.html

But even worse than the cowardice of being PC when it comes to political insults is that Schmeck is now doing the cliché conservative move of saying he's being unfairly criticized because people have slammed his "joke." Schmeck complained to The Oregonian about threatening calls he received after the livestream, saying, "now I am being attacked for utilizing my freedom of speech." 

Aww, poor "victim" Schmeck. Apparently, he thinks he should be able to tell Biden to basically go f**k himself while on a family friendly holiday call, but no one should be able to take issue with his actions.

Sorry, that's not how freedom of speech works. If you want to troll a president to apparently make others on the right happy, you can expect criticism. If you don't want criticism because you are painfully thin-skinned, then don't say "Let's go Brandon" on a live Christmas Eve special. It's as simple as that.

• Shocked 1

9 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

I hope everyone here is sick of these right wing snowflakes that can’t live with the consequences of their actions. Party of personal responsibility my ***.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/12/27/opinions/lets-go-brandon-schmeck-obeidallah/index.html

But even worse than the cowardice of being PC when it comes to political insults is that Schmeck is now doing the cliché conservative move of saying he's being unfairly criticized because people have slammed his "joke." Schmeck complained to The Oregonian about threatening calls he received after the livestream, saying, "now I am being attacked for utilizing my freedom of speech." 

Aww, poor "victim" Schmeck. Apparently, he thinks he should be able to tell Biden to basically go f**k himself while on a family friendly holiday call, but no one should be able to take issue with his actions.

Sorry, that's not how freedom of speech works. If you want to troll a president to apparently make others on the right happy, you can expect criticism. If you don't want criticism because you are painfully thin-skinned, then don't say "Let's go Brandon" on a live Christmas Eve special. It's as simple as that.

Are you Dean Obediallah?

"I don't have any ill wishes towards Jared Schmeck," says the guy who wrote an opinion piece on a guy being mean to the President.

Remember when that lady gave Trump the finger and then lost her job?   Here's what the Guardian said about her:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/nov/07/cyclist-who-gave-trump-the-middle-finger-its-not-something-i-do-a-lot

"It is all because of a split-second decision that made Juli Briskman a hero of the resistance – and a case study in the wildly unpredictable effects of social media.

It was 3.12pm on Saturday 28 October when Donald Trump, after a round of golf, departed the Trump National Golf Club in Sterling, northern Virginia. His motorcade, which included the Guardian and other journalists, overtook a female cyclist wearing a white top and cycling helmet, who responded by raising the middle finger of her left hand.

The fleet of vehicles swept on imperiously on but then slowed for a red light, and the cyclist caught up. She persisted. She flipped the bird a second time before turning right as the motorcade turned left.

A photo of her act of defiance took off on social media. The Washington Post called it “the middle-finger salute seen around the world”. The late-night TV host Stephen Colbert said: “No one has summed up the mood of the country better … Long may she wave.”

***** off with the freedom of consequences bull####.  The journos are outraged because someone was mean to "their guy."  Piss off.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Are you Dean Obediallah?

"I don't have any ill wishes towards Jared Schmeck," says the guy who wrote an opinion piece on a guy being mean to the President.

Remember when that lady gave Trump the finger and then lost her job?   Here's what the Guardian said about her:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/nov/07/cyclist-who-gave-trump-the-middle-finger-its-not-something-i-do-a-lot

"It is all because of a split-second decision that made Juli Briskman a hero of the resistance – and a case study in the wildly unpredictable effects of social media.

It was 3.12pm on Saturday 28 October when Donald Trump, after a round of golf, departed the Trump National Golf Club in Sterling, northern Virginia. His motorcade, which included the Guardian and other journalists, overtook a female cyclist wearing a white top and cycling helmet, who responded by raising the middle finger of her left hand.

The fleet of vehicles swept on imperiously on but then slowed for a red light, and the cyclist caught up. She persisted. She flipped the bird a second time before turning right as the motorcade turned left.

A photo of her act of defiance took off on social media. The Washington Post called it “the middle-finger salute seen around the world”. The late-night TV host Stephen Colbert said: “No one has summed up the mood of the country better … Long may she wave.”

***** off with the freedom of consequences bull####.  The journos are outraged because someone was mean to "their guy."  Piss off.

Whataboutism.

We’re looking at this specific case. This specific guy saying freedom of speech doesn’t mean he should have any consequences.

The snowflake complaining isn’t getting crap from journalists… yea they’re using first amendment rights to discuss him. 

Hopefully he gets fired.

13 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

Whataboutism.

We’re looking at this specific case. This specific guy saying freedom of speech doesn’t mean he should have any consequences.

The snowflake complaining isn’t getting crap from journalists… yea they’re using first amendment rights to discuss him. 

Hopefully he gets fired.

Yes he is. You literally posted an article which boils down to "let's give this guy ***** for being an ass."

How stupid can you be?

"Some guy said something mean to the President, let's find out his name, post it everywhere and call it 'obscene' and harass him, then let's root for him to get fired!" - you , an idiot. And also journos, idiots.

Edited by FireChans

11 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Yes he is. You literally posted an article which boils down to "let's give this guy ***** for being an ass."

How stupid can you be?

"Some guy said something mean to the President, let's find out his name, post it everywhere and call it 'obscene' and harass him, then let's root for him to get fired!" - you , an idiot. And also journos, idiots.

However, any doubts about Schmeck's partisan intent ended Monday when, as Raw Story reported, he appeared on Steve Bannon's podcast, where he rebutted the earlier reports he was not a Trump supporter. He also declared, "Donald Trump is my president and he should still be president right now." Schmeck then added the lie, "The election was 100% stolen. So, I just want to make that clear."

So dude lied about being Trumpette, had clear political motive for his speech on a Christmas tradition (Seems like a pretty big war on Christmas to me) , and is now having people say bad things about him so he whines about it.

Stop supporting this snowflake.

1 minute ago, Backintheday544 said:

However, any doubts about Schmeck's partisan intent ended Monday when, as Raw Story reported, he appeared on Steve Bannon's podcast, where he rebutted the earlier reports he was not a Trump supporter. He also declared, "Donald Trump is my president and he should still be president right now." Schmeck then added the lie, "The election was 100% stolen. So, I just want to make that clear."

So dude lied about being Trumpette, had clear political motive for his speech on a Christmas tradition (Seems like a pretty big war on Christmas to me) , and is now having people say bad things about him so he whines about it.

Stop supporting this snowflake.

Oh wow, saying ***** the President may have been motivated by politics. The Hardy Boys cracked the case again. Congrats.

You're an idiot.

Edited by FireChans
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Oh wow, saying ***** the President may have been motivated by politics. The Hardy Boys cracked the case again. Congrats.

You're an idiot.

lets go back to how you’re a snowflake. Sorry how the guy is a snowflake.

He said bad things in a family Christmas special broadcast to the country for whatever reason. 

That was his choice. No one forced him right?

He now faces consequences for his decisions.

Im guessing by how oblivious and dumb you’re coming off you’re right leaning. 

So one of the pillars of the right wing is personal responsibility, I.e, make a personal decision then you face those consequences for such decision.

Why are you defending a guy for making a personal decision and is now facing personal consequences! Isn’t that anti-personal responsibility?

This is a home run for you. Jump on this. Call the guy a snowflake and tell him to live with the consequences of his decision .

Just now, Backintheday544 said:

lets go back to how you’re a snowflake. Sorry how the guy is a snowflake.

He said bad things in a family Christmas special broadcast to the country for whatever reason. 

That was his choice. No one forced him right?

He now faces consequences for his decisions.

Im guessing by how oblivious and dumb you’re coming off you’re right leaning. 

So one of the pillars of the right wing is personal responsibility, I.e, make a personal decision then you face those consequences for such decision.

Why are you defending a guy for making a personal decision and is now facing personal consequences! Isn’t that anti-personal responsibility?

This is a home run for you. Jump on this. Call the guy a snowflake and tell him to live with the consequences of his decision .

I didn't defend the guy. I called him an ass.

Just spare me with the righteous outrage from the media (and you) when giving the President the finger made you a hero 18 months ago.

Idiot.

• Like (+1) 1

Commie Tlaib says in front of her commie 13 year old during inauguration that she was going to impeach the m-f’er.  Cry me a river.  What bunch of wussies. Just keep doing anything to cover for Demented Biden and his failures.  

Just now, Irv said:

Commie Tlaib says in front of her commie 13 year old during inauguration that she was going to impeach the m-f’er.  Cry me a river.  What bunch of wussies. Just keep doing anything to cover for Demented Biden and his failures.  

Whataboutism. Please stick to the personal responsibility of this m-f’er and feel free to create a new topic on whatever you’re saying.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Backintheday544 said:

Whataboutism. Please stick to the personal responsibility of this m-f’er and feel free to create a new topic on whatever you’re saying.

Whataboutism is just a codeword for "we don't play by the same rules." 

Trust me bro, we know.

3 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

Anything to cover the failures.  Desperation. Hilarious.  The ship’s going down and it’s going down fast.  Can’t stop it now.  What a mess!  😀😀😀😀😀

4 minutes ago, gobills404 said:

The left will preach about consequences as they try to ruin someone's life for saying mean words, and then donate to bail out rioters and protest to keep black murderers from being executed.

arent the rioters and protestors in your view facing consequences for their actions if their in jail and being bailed out?

Action - say dumb stuff on family Christmas special

Consequences  - public backlash/losing jobs

Action - Riot and protest

Result - jail

Don’t think you understand this thread enough to post

13 minutes ago, Irv said:

Anything to cover the failures.  Desperation. Hilarious.  The ship’s going down and it’s going down fast.  Can’t stop it now.  What a mess!  😀😀😀😀😀

Wow staying on topic is goi g down fast. Irv is shaking his head at you.

This thread is about personal responsibility. 

Should this guy, and just this guy, face personal responsibility for his actions or no? Answer that because that is what this thread is about.

Just now, Backintheday544 said:

arent the rioters and protestors in your view facing consequences for their actions if their in jail and being bailed out?

Action - say dumb stuff on family Christmas special

Consequences  - public backlash/losing jobs

Action - Riot and protest

Result - jail

Don’t think you understand this thread enough to post

Playing dumb and intentionally missing the point? I'm shocked.

21 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Whataboutism is just a codeword for "we don't play by the same rules." 

Trust me bro, we know.

Thanks! That’s refreshing to hear after 4 years of Trump where the right just pushed it down our throats.

2 minutes ago, gobills404 said:

Playing dumb and intentionally missing the point? I'm shocked.

Boil it down. The guy said dumb stuff to make Christmas political and vulgar.

Here’s now facing consequences of his actions.

Now you’re saying he should have no personal responsibility and shouldn’t face any consequences? Huh? 

Edited by Backintheday544