Is Sean McDermott in Bill Belichick's head?

Dr. K

19 minutes ago, BillMafia716ix said:

McDermott looks like a genius today but Allen saved his ass yesterday. A lot of questionable decisions yesterday..going for it on multiple 4th down calls. 

Fairburn is a good writer but this was the dumbest conclusion he came to based on nothing more than his opinion and his dislike for McDermott for their incident in the past 

A1FCC0F3-B7A1-4FA1-AB07-5703A1BCB54D.jpeg

5 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

Fairburn is a good writer but this was the dumbest conclusion he came to based on nothing more than his opinion and his dislike for McDermott for their incident in the past 

A1FCC0F3-B7A1-4FA1-AB07-5703A1BCB54D.jpeg

I don't think that game necessarily had something to do with Belichick being in McD's head...I just thought it was a horribly coached game by McD and the staff. If anything I think yesterday's game supports that. Josh could throw through that wind and we didn't unleash him until late. He can own their D if we let him. McD's two horrible timeouts in the 2nd half didn't help us either. 

I didn't think Belichick did anything "genius" in that game...he really just let our coach lose it. 

Edited by HomeskillitMoorman

16 minutes ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

I don't think that game necessarily had something to do with Belichick being in McD's head...I just thought it was a horribly coached game by McD and the staff. If anything I think yesterday's game supports that. Josh could throw through that wind and we didn't unleash him until late. He can own their D if we let him. McD's two horrible timeouts in the 2nd half didn't help us either. 

I didn't think Belichick did anything "genius" in that game...he really just let our coach lose it. 

This isn’t new.  I’ve listened to the Buffalo Beat podcast for a few years and he started saying this during the 2019 season.  I’ve never quite understood it.  It sounds like something your friend would say while watching the game - not the headline to a nationally read publication. 

16 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

0-0?

Phil Jackson actually wasn't too bad. Guess he proved he didn't need the GOAT for one season. 1993-1994 Chicago Bulls 55-27 regular season, 6-4 postseason trip ending vs NY Knicks - Eastern Conference Semifinals.

Belichick did manage a playoff win in 4 seasons in Cleveland. 

But he's a losing coach without TB 12, with 3 winning seasons in 9 campaigns. 

image.png.2519832e6c3255900e29b6d21e6fb483.png

Edited by Dr.Sack

6 hours ago, london_bills said:

There's an argument to say he's the better coach right now (TO's not included) 

For whatever reason he seems to undervalue timeouts and wastes them in marginal situations before end of half or game when they are way more valuable.

6 hours ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

I don't think McDermott is but I do think Allen is

This. Belichick is notoriously a very conservative coach. He does not typically go for it on 4th down in FG range. He did it 5 times against the Bills yesterday because he knew he had no chance of stopping Allen.

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

This. Belichick is notoriously a very conservative coach. He does not typically go for it on 4th down in FG range. He did it 5 times against the Bills yesterday because he knew he had no chance of stopping Allen.

That awareness is what it's really all about though. I'm not a huge BB guy or anything and I think having a QB is the most important part that's going to determine any coach's record long-term...but those are the in-game things the coach does have control over.

That's the same kind of recognition McD should've had in the AFC championship game last year and should've went for it on those 4th and shorts while KC was torching us on the other end. May not have changed the outcome but you gotta give your team a shot. 

This is the beauty of unleashing Allen though, especially if we can get him more protection. He can be absolutely lethal. The opportunity to be SB contenders long-term is there if the front office and coaches do their part. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.