Mitch Morse seems to be at the ‘Center’ of Bills ails -TheAthletic

Chandler#81

34 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Feliciano had his chance last season when Morse went out with concussion.  He got his chance in a run-heavy game.  He got his chance in a pass heavy game.  He got his chance in a (very slightly) more balanced game.  The conclusion was "c'mon back here, Mitch!"

I'm not saying we don't need an upgrade at C.  But if the question is "how can we improve our IOL?" I'm not persuade Feliciano is part of the answer.  He's a talented backup who can play all 3 positions decently.

Do we have any RB on the team who can run outside zone, except maybe fumble-fingers Breida?

Agreed and nice to have an o-lineman that can play all 3 spots. I felt we functioned better with Feliciano at center but I find myself in agreement- how do do we improve the line? We have a lack of talent and a few underperforming. Williams was brutal Monday night! 

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Do we have any RB on the team who can run outside zone, except maybe fumble-fingers Breida?

Breida has proven he can do it in SF.    Singletary's numbers aren't bad.    I believe Moss ran it a lot in college and at times looked more comfortable at it than Singletary last year.

It's not just a speed and quickness thing.   Most of the yardage is still inside.  It's vision and instinct for the cutback.  Shady McCoy was good at inside zone but bad at outside zone.  

Back in the Shanahan days in Denver they had a run where they had one late round pick or UDFA with poor speed and quickness numbers after another excel in the their outside zone style.    But they had undersized but very athletic OL's.........like the 80's and 90's 49ers did.   They were good at getting to DL knees and creating big cutback lanes.   

20 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

Hindsight is always 20/20 but boy would Creed Humphrey look good in a Bills uniform right now.

Too bad we have a GM that is completely clueless when it comes to evaluating the trenches.

I don’t think Beane sees the position as a need.  Given that the plan was to trade out of the spot if Basham was gone, Humphrey was never even a consideration.  The only alternative is that he thought Humphrey sucked in which case I have no idea what their evaluation process looks like.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.