Personal Ultimatum to Maintain Sanity

cv05

2 hours ago, Billzfan37 said:

If you really believe that then you need to go put $$ on TB now - since the line is -3.  This mean that Vegas believes that the Bills/Bucs is a tie on a neutral field.  Despite the Bills issues and lack of continuity so far, a lot of people still think they are a Superbowl favorite.

Why would you ever HAVE to bet on something to feel that way? 

To the OP:  You are a baby, relatively speaking.  Your pain and misery is slight compared to some of us.

You never had to watch us lose 4 Super Bowls in a row, most in embarrassing fashion.

You don't remember the '70s, or most of the '80s!  LOL

HANG IN THERE.  You can't just "pick another team".

I do agree that wasting a first round draft pick on a defender (let alone a lineman) is sickening...but you have to roll with the punches.

Yes, your fandom is something like a curse, but it's one many of us were born into, and once that happens, you can't undo it.  That's not how it works.

We are all in it together, until we die or this team wins a Super Bowl.

Edited by Nextmanup

17 hours ago, Ethan in Portland said:

OP. I get the frustration. And I am a McDermott skeptic. But he is a decent coach and this franchise has been much much worse. I don't think McDermott will win the SB and I think Beane is not aggressive enough to win now. But go watch any video clip from 1985 or look at the moves Marv Levy made as GM. It could be much worse.

That said I am unabashedly win now at all costs. The window with Allen is going to slam shut soon. That is why I get rid of McDermott now and go all in this off season. I am willing to risk it getting worse for the chance they win it all with a real coach.

The problem with this plan is that you are assuming Terry Pegula knows what a real football coach looks like and will hire him.  Unless you assume Beane stays, McDermott goes, and Beane handles the hire.  Not sure that is how it work out.

And then we have the problem of finding the "real" head coach.  Most of the guys floating around this league are idiots.

Mike McCarthy has a SB ring and an impressive resume--he's an idiot and I wouldn't replace McDermott with him, assuming he became available.

HOWEVER:  it will be interesting to see who gets fired this year and what names go on the market.  Or next year.

If the right guy came available, it would be fun to consider hiring him.

Here's a name:  JON GRUDEN.  He's available.  First, he would be an unpopular hire; second, I suspect he is done doing anything with the NFL, wouldn't want the job.

BUT:  would you consider him an upgrade over McDermott?  Would you float him an offer?

59 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

The problem with this plan is that you are assuming Terry Pegula knows what a real football coach looks like and will hire him.  Unless you assume Beane stays, McDermott goes, and Beane handles the hire.  Not sure that is how it work out.

And then we have the problem of finding the "real" head coach.  Most of the guys floating around this league are idiots.

Mike McCarthy has a SB ring and an impressive resume--he's an idiot and I wouldn't replace McDermott with him, assuming he became available.

HOWEVER:  it will be interesting to see who gets fired this year and what names go on the market.  Or next year.

If the right guy came available, it would be fun to consider hiring him.

Here's a name:  JON GRUDEN.  He's available.  First, he would be an unpopular hire; second, I suspect he is done doing anything with the NFL, wouldn't want the job.

BUT:  would you consider him an upgrade over McDermott?  Would you float him an offer?

Man, the talking heads on ESPN would literally explode. Hmmm, now I'm considering it . . . 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.