Sean McDermott is pissed at the refs who didn’t throw a flag for the low hit on Allen

BuffaloBills1998

17 minutes ago, YattaOkasan said:

The initial hit is fine. And he does hold him up some. But at the end he drives shoulder. Can’t do that. 

that’s the textbook part. 

You are correct.  Despite Collinsworth's inability or unwillingness to acknowledge the obvious, Clark lifted JA's hips and when Josh had hit the ground, he drove his shoulder into Josh's rib cage.  It's called "stuffing" and QBs are vulnerable to separated shoulders and cracked ribs (ala Epenesa on Tua) because of them.  That's why they are illegal now.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YattaOkasan said:

The initial hit is fine. And he does hold him up some. But at the end he drives shoulder. Can’t do that. 

that’s the textbook part. 

Clearly we are not going to agree on this.  While the shoulder does land on Allen nothing about it looks like it is "driving" into him.  But I don't want to dwell on a call in Buffalo's favor.  Certainly enough bad calls have gone against us.

He drove him into the ground.  Now admittedly, it might have been a case of Clark hitting him low enough to lift Josh off the ground and then whe he tackled him drove him into the ground, but it doesn't matter.  I've seen that called all over and against the Bills as well.

3 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Watch out for Judon this week. I still remember the Baltimore game where he hit Allen late 2 or 3 times and was appropriately penalized. I think Judon/the Pats will be fine sacrificing some penalty yards for hits on Allen.

Spencer Brown will plant him after the first time. 

And then it's open season on Mac Jones.

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/29/2021 at 7:27 PM, Talley56 said:

I will agree about the ridiculous holding call on Morse. 

However, nothing about that hit on Allen was text book landing on him with his whole weight.  The defender was clear as day trying to hold up and accidentally landed on Josh due to momentum.  Sorry, but it was very much a horrible call in our favor.  No way around that.

Dude, he wrapped Allen up and lifted him (after the ball was gone), then threw him down.  There was no "clear as day trying to hold up" about it.  You can see his hand wrap under Allen's legs and lift them up, then he lands on him.  He doesn't keep his weight on his arms, because he can't, because one of his arms is wrapped under Allen's legs lifting.

At the very best, and despite what Collinsworth belched out, there is legitimate evidence to support that being a penalty by rule.

5 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

That's actually an awesome matchup I'm looking forward to. Brown vs Judon.

I'm not sure if he'll matchup 1-on-1 with Judon during plays, but if Judon tries any funny stuff, you can bet it will happen between plays.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Doc said:

Spencer Brown will plant him after the first time. 

And then it's open season on Mac Jones.

I'd like to hope so, but in general rookies -vs- Judon has not gone in favor of the rookies.  See the strip sack Dawson Knox let by him near our goal in the 2019 Ravens loss.

Especially a rookie coming back from Covid in who-knows-what shape.

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I'd like to hope so, but in general rookies -vs- Judon has not gone in favor of the rookies.  See the strip sack Dawson Knox let by him near our goal in the 2019 Ravens loss.

Especially a rookie coming back from Covid in who-knows-what shape.

Brown isn't your typical rookie.  And I doubt he had COVID.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.