The Ford Report - Week 11, Colts v. Bills, 11/21/21

Freddie's Dead

3 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

I was focused on Ford, so I didn't look specifically at other OL, but two bad plays that stand out to me are when Morse got turned around to face Motor, and Williams giving up the Kwity Paye strip sack.  The pressures I awarded Ford came much later in the game.

I think Breida would help tremendously.  He's outplayed both Motor and Z Slow, and deserves to start.  A good RB can make the run blocking look better, just like a good QB like Josh can make the pass blocking look better.  Time for McClappy to bite the bullet and start Matt Breida.

I'd go 50-50 Breida/Motor. Keep Breida outside the D gap. You cannot ignore his speed and he has contributed these last 2 games. I've never been a Singletary fan but you can't ignore that 5.0 ypc. That currently ranks 6th in the NFL among RB's with 75 or more carries. Moss can wait for an occasional goal line or injury depth. The zone blocking concepts must change. Daboll can no longer rely on passing 80% of the time.  Go more man blocking. Brown and Feliciano returning will help some.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I'd go 50-50 Breida/Motor. Keep Breida outside the D gap. You cannot ignore his speed and he has contributed these last 2 games. I've never been a Singletary fan but you can't ignore that 5.0 ypc. That currently ranks 6th in the NFL among RB's with 75 or more carries. Moss can wait for an occasional goal line or injury depth. The zone blocking concepts must change. Daboll can no longer rely on passing 80% of the time.  Go more man blocking. Brown and Feliciano returning will help some.

I'd go a little heavier Breida, maybe 60/40.  Brown's return will definitely help, not so sure about Mongo.  That's what's so intriguing about Ford.  If the light is starting to come on for him, that fills a major hole at OG.  Also not sure about man blocking for Ford, dude was an absolute witch when pulling and trapping.  I'm excited to see which way this goes. 

3 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Next time, I'll try to see who on the OL is f'ing up.  That's assuming Ford starts.  If Brown is back, it'll likely be Williams Brown at RG RT.  Personally, I think Ford has earned another start.

Really hard to tell, but I had the same question since they both moved.  Funny, the Jags did this on like 5 or 6 plays, only got called once 😜

I would be interested in seeing both Ford & Brown on the right side, but I doubt that happens.

Thanks for the detailed analysis. While my patience on Ford has been wavering, I do not think he is as terrible as many of the fans think he is. His play to me has been so-so, not great, but I am willing to see him get another chance, unlike Jon Feliciano.

To me the biggest shock has been Daryl Williams. He was such a solid Tackle last year, now he looks like a completely different player, in a bad way.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This is the best analysis I have ever seen on TBD. That view is quite possibly exacerbated a little by the excitement I feel in that maybe - just maybe - Cody could become a legitimate starting-level guard in the NFL. It's already happened with Edmunds who I feel has gone up a notch or two this year, so here's hoping it can happen again with another proclaimed 'bust'.

Great work Freddie! 

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.