Attention traders - you too can buy stock in the Packers

BuffaloBill

On 11/16/2021 at 12:33 PM, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

I'm actually a bit curious how the SEC allows this. What they are offering are not "shares" in any sense of the word. 

The "shares" of Packer stock aren't traded on any public stock exchange.  The SEC has no oversight on the Packer's stock.

Everyone buying the stock is fully aware its a donation.  The team isn't suckering anyone.  You can buy "shares" of Packer stock through the team store to show off what a die hard fan you are.

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/16/2021 at 5:02 PM, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

What a money-making racket for them! But let’s be real, if the Bills offered this up, best believe I’d be one of the suckers lining up for my certificate suitable for framing! 

Then all the “shareholders” could say snarky things on these boards like, “unless you’re an owner of this franchise, you don’t get to start new threads,” etc., etc…:w00t:

Well I was one of the suckers who bought a piece of the old field turf when they ripped it up, so I'd definitely buy shares in the team

These stock sales do allow you to vote on who runs the team and a couple of other fringe benefits. But as a fiscal investment it is not that. You can only sell the stock back to the team for a fraction of the price you paid. I guess if you are a Packers fan it might be cool to buy a few shares (If you can afford it) to vote on the teams operations but that's about it. If the Bills had a similar set up I would easily buy one or two shares but it would be mainly as a novelty.

Edited by billsfan89

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.