Breida in Week 10!

BillsDiehard

3 minutes ago, TuelTime said:

The shovel pass to Breida is something we need to see more of. Keep the defenses honest by forcing them to move laterally instead of running up the gut or dropping back every play.

Everyone says these things but soon after you will hear the second it doesn't work "Why do we keep doing this, it's not working!"

56 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I'm still not sold on breida yet... His fumble was literally JV esque 

It's scary to think you might give him the ball in a crucial playoff game.. a few touches and a fumble is scary 

but he is explosive

The fumble is scary. But 2 TDs that we never get from our other RBs. I'll take the risk/reward trade off.

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, Norcalbillsfan said:

I agree, yeah brieda could have chipped him but Josh didn't have awareness on that play when he usually has great awareness. Not to mention brieda was open and josh could have quickly dumped it off to him. More on josh than brieda in my opinion.

I had just mentioned to my son that Josh had missed seeing the pass rusher twice already and BOUM, get hits unaware by one coming from his right side. Almost weird.

Only coaches know who to blame on this play, but typically, yes you'd expect the RB to block, chip, or at least yell that he's open. 

2 hours ago, MJS said:

I just don't think that's how it works. His job was to run his route. Routes are all about timing. He did his job.

It's Allen's job to identify blitzers presnap and make the checks to account for them, or for blockers to adjust and pick up blitzers post snap.

Sorry, I just can't believe, when the RB sees someone racing toward his QB his job is to do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. (This wasn't a designed screen where you expect and encourage the defensive pressure,) Not even communicating to the QB, there is someone coming free.  I'm not arguing it was Josh's responsibility. I'm just saying Breida could have found a way to help him out. I'm fairly certain Moss, and even Singletary would have done something. 

2 hours ago, Jerome007 said:

I had just mentioned to my son that Josh had missed seeing the pass rusher twice already and BOUM, get hits unaware by one coming from his right side. Almost weird.

Only coaches know who to blame on this play, but typically, yes you'd expect the RB to block, chip, or at least yell that he's open. 

This

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.