I'm Interested in Your Thoughts About Trump On The GOP Ticket in 2024

Irv

I'm glad to see that you agree on the need to compromise.  When you indicate you "never vote for a Trumper" I'm hoping that doesn't mean you never vote R.  Anyone who votes party line all the time R or D is a fool.

Russia was a political hit job and nothing more.  

I live in NH and "hit jobs" happen all the time to candidates running for president.  I've seen people scream in a candidates ear, drop money, spit on an aide, pretend to be "bumped", yell obscenities, try to grab their privates.....all to try and get a negative reaction out of the candidate.

If you want to see video proof of a hit job in action watch the Trump portion of the No Labels event in Manchester, NH from 2015.  I was in close proximity to the little girl who yelled at Trump.  Event lasted all day, lots of candidate she was there for.....2 minutes for her "hit job". 

1 hour ago, Precision said:

I'm glad to see that you agree on the need to compromise.  When you indicate you "never vote for a Trumper" I'm hoping that doesn't mean you never vote R.  Anyone who votes party line all the time R or D is a fool.

Russia was a political hit job and nothing more.  

I live in NH and "hit jobs" happen all the time to candidates running for president.  I've seen people scream in a candidates ear, drop money, spit on an aide, pretend to be "bumped", yell obscenities, try to grab their privates.....all to try and get a negative reaction out of the candidate.

If you want to see video proof of a hit job in action watch the Trump portion of the No Labels event in Manchester, NH from 2015.  I was in close proximity to the little girl who yelled at Trump.  Event lasted all day, lots of candidate she was there for.....2 minutes for her "hit job". 

I will never ever vote for a Republican who did not stand up to Donald trump.  Ever.  That’s how seriously I take the insurrection and the lack of consequence for that assault on our country.   

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I admire Trump, but gotta say don't run again.

I think he'd be more effective for the country being the God Father of the Republican and Conservative sides of the aisle. I'd rather see him fund raise like a maniac, and then dole out those riches only to candidates who toe the line. We don't need anymore RINOs.

16 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

I will never ever vote for a Republican who did not stand up to Donald trump.  Ever.  That’s how seriously I take the insurrection and the lack of consequence for that assault on our country.   

PS: the insurrection theory is all major league bull#### made up to manipulate simpletons. Poor capitol security <> insurrection.

19 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

I don’t think most people take Jan 6 that seriously...more like a bunch of bozos acting like drunken frat boys, than an actual insurrection...

Heck, I think most people have forgotten about it, to be honest...

• Agree 1

On 11/1/2021 at 3:06 PM, SectionC3 said:

This.  The Republican Party used to stand for honesty, integrity, and fiscal responsibility.  Now it stands for hoaxes, philandering, lies, weakness on Russia, tax increases on American consumers, and a MFing insurrection.  

Yes. This board still acts like the GOP still exists. It’s all gone now and all that remains are the opportunists that want to live off their campaign coffers and suck up to corporations to eventually land positions as board members. No platform exists.

Edited by Governor

15 minutes ago, Governor said:

Yes. This board still acts like the GOP still exists.  IT DOES

It’s all gone now     FALSE

and all that remains are the opportunists that want to live off their campaign coffers and suck up to corporations to eventually land positions as board members.    THERE ARE SOME, BUT NOT MANY

No platform exists.      INCREDIBLY FALSE

C'mon GUV, take a look around. There are hundreds of millions of good people here in the U.S.

Your Trump Illness is really hurting you.

Edited by B-Man

15 minutes ago, B-Man said:

C'mon GUV, take a look around. There are hundreds of millions of good people here in the U.S.

Your Trump Illness is really hurting you.

Some on the people may very well be good, but your elected officials are basically Michelle Bachman clones from the past living in a post-truth world that they created for themselves.

20 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

I don’t think most people take Jan 6 that seriously...more like a bunch of bozos acting like drunken frat boys, than an actual insurrection...

Heck, I think most people have forgotten about it, to be honest...

It’s pretty split. What everyone can agree on is that the far right isn’t a legitimate threat to your way of life and if it ever did rise to that level, they would be eliminated rather quickly.

The unknown is what percentage are just taking advantage of a pseudo movement and monetizing it vs. true anti-government insurrectionists, which I believe is also pretty split.

Edited by Governor
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Governor said:

Some on the people may very well be good, but your elected officials are basically Michelle Bachman clones from the past living in a post-truth world that they created for themselves.

It’s pretty split. What everyone can agree on is that the far right isn’t a legitimate threat to your way of life and if it ever did rise to that level, they would be eliminated rather quickly.

The unknown is what percentage are just taking advantage of a pseudo movement and monetizing it vs. true anti-government insurrectionists, which I believe is also pretty split.

Post truth world.  Wow.  Great turn of phrase. 

20 hours ago, boater said:

I admire Trump, but gotta say don't run again.

I think he'd be more effective for the country being the God Father of the Republican and Conservative sides of the aisle. I'd rather see him fund raise like a maniac, and then dole out those riches only to candidates who toe the line. We don't need anymore RINOs.

PS: the insurrection theory is all major league bull#### made up to manipulate simpletons. Poor capitol security <> insurrection.

Hoax. 

36 minutes ago, Governor said:

Yes. This board still acts like the GOP still exists. It’s all gone now and all that remains are the opportunists that want to live off their campaign coffers and suck up to corporations to eventually land positions as board members. No platform exists.

The platform is fealty to Donald Trump.  Nothing more, nothing less.  That party may still win elections, but it has lost its figurative soul. 

• Agree 1

24 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

Post truth world.  Wow.  Great turn of phrase. 

Hoax. 

The platform is fealty to Donald Trump.  Nothing more, nothing less.  That party may still win elections, but it has lost its figurative soul. 

A governors race in Virginia against a retread Clinton era democrat was their SB win.

When you take a step back you realize that everyone is about short term wins. There’s no long term plan for moving the party forward, and that’s because they’ve all become opportunists that get in and get out. None of them actually care about policy. Some in this country made a huge error thinking that bringing in a bunch of businessmen and the clowns on their coattails was better than life long public servants that might’ve overstated their welcome within a breaking system.

What does Matt Gaetz care about the long term health of his district and country?

Edited by Governor