Bye week updates

YoloinOhio

3 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

I’ve had the pleasure of seeing Jack Kemp, Daryl Lamonica, Jim Harris, Dennis Shaw, Joe Ferguson, Frank Reich, Doug Flutie, Drew Bledsoe, Fitzmagic and Jim Kelly play Quarterback for the Bills. But I’ve NEVER seen anyone better than Josh Allen. 

Chandler, I think Kelly was still a better thrower of the football. Jim threw some beautiful deep passes and was precision like with the intermediate throws. Kelly definitely suffered with his athleticism. I just wish the Bills could build an offensive line somewhat comparable to Jim's to see Josh's total abilities. 

14 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

This OL is really starting to permanently pucker my butthole. Thank god for Josh FRIGGIN Allen. 

It never fails to amaze me how  people fail to recognize the impact that being chased around the backfield like a chicken has on a QB's ability to see the field and spot open WR or favorable matchups.   It's a game of inches, and the same throw that's complete for a reception becomes off target with just a fraction less time.

Just compare and contrast Mahomes in the AFCCG where he had all week, to Mahomes in the Superbowl.  Or Josh in the Steelers game to Josh in the WFT game.

Josh gives our OL a lot of leeway, but even he gets to a limit sometimes.

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Chandler, I think Kelly was still a better thrower of the football. Jim threw some beautiful deep passes and was precision like with the intermediate throws. Kelly definitely suffered with his athleticism. I just wish the Bills could build an offensive line somewhat comparable to Jim's to see Josh's total abilities. 

You’re entitled to your view. I completely disagree -and so does Kelly himself. No ones ever thrown a football like Josh can. Many have said they can actually HEAR the ball soar. Nobody ever said that about Jimbo. Kelly is a 1st Ballot HOFer. I expect the same for Allen.

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.