Heard this on 550 (Howard and Jeremy)this morning. Jeremy brought this writer on the air Monday morning 10/18/21.

johnk

Good morning,

Thought I would share this interesting piece.

On 550 (Howard and Jeremy) 10/18/21 Monday morning.

Go Bills.

----------

Josh Allen, Brian Daboll, and a gameplan 800 days in the making

What the Bills did on Sunday night, what they’ve been doing this season, and why everybody should be terribly, terribly afraid (unless you’re a Bills fan!).

Oliver Connolly

Oct 12

Sean McDermott and co. know they’re good. Like, really, really we-should-be-playing-in-February good.

They also knew entering Week Five that to get to February they would (probably) have to go through Kansas City. Playoff seeding, home-field advantage, 2020 revenge, sending a 2021 message, all of that was wrapped up in Sunday night’s game...

https://readoptional.substack.com/p/bills-josh-allen-daboll-offense-scheme

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, johnk said:

Good morning,

Thought I would share this interesting piece.

On 550 (Howard and Jeremy) 10/18/21 Monday morning.

Go Bills.

----------

Josh Allen, Brian Daboll, and a gameplan 800 days in the making

What the Bills did on Sunday night, what they’ve been doing this season, and why everybody should be terribly, terribly afraid (unless you’re a Bills fan!).

Oliver Connolly

Oct 12

Sean McDermott and co. know they’re good. Like, really, really we-should-be-playing-in-February good.

They also knew entering Week Five that to get to February they would (probably) have to go through Kansas City. Playoff seeding, home-field advantage, 2020 revenge, sending a 2021 message, all of that was wrapped up in Sunday night’s game...

https://readoptional.substack.com/p/bills-josh-allen-daboll-offense-scheme

If you look at nothing else today .. read this .. really, really well done. Thanks @johnk for posting

Edited by CorkScrewHill
  • Like (+1) 2

If it's true, I don't like that the Bills spent four weeks trying to set up the Chiefs, one of the worst defenses in the NFL.

So they kept the offense predictable, even losing to Pittsburgh, so they can  unleash it against the Chiefs who were averaging 30points given up per game?

• Dislike 1

1 hour ago, Rhode Island Red said:

YOLO’s thread from earlier this week specifically on this topic/article:

Yes, we've already had quite a long discussion on this exact piece.  Redirect there please.

33 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

If it's true, I don't like that the Bills spent four weeks trying to set up the Chiefs, one of the worst defenses in the NFL.

So they kept the offense predictable, even losing to Pittsburgh, so they can  unleash it against the Chiefs who were averaging 30points given up per game?

Recommend the existing thread, it was pointed out by several that his analysis of the Chiefs game itself is good, but his analysis of the Bills offense in general as well as what we did earlier in the season is shallow and incorrect.  Cover1 pointed out he doesn't seem to watch much Bills game film.  Greg Cosell on NFL Films diagrammed the exact same play run vs the WFT and KC, with different personnel.  I did a debunk.  Etc.

• Like (+1) 1