Why Roscoe Parrish could have a big year

Evans was better polished as an all around reciever than most people give him credit for. Without him last year, we don't win anywhere close to 9 games. Of course, Willis was instrumental in that regard to.

I really think Bolden is portential HOF material right now. Lee is getting there quickly, however.

Evans was better polished as an all around reciever than most people give him credit for.  Without him last year, we don't win anywhere close to 9 games.  Of course, Willis was instrumental in that regard to. 

I really think Bolden is portential HOF material right now.  Lee is getting there quickly, however.

321839[/snapback]

HOF for Bolden after 1 great year? What did Bolden do last season?

The main reason I would figure that Roscoe Parrish would have a big season would be favourable coverage. As defensive coaches say "You can't double team every guy on the field". So if you double Moulds and Evans, who is goibg to cover Roscoe?

The main reason I would figure that Roscoe Parrish would have a big season would be favourable coverage. As defensive coaches say "You can't double team every guy on the field". So if you double Moulds and Evans, who is goibg to cover Roscoe?

321873[/snapback]

Exactly! Remember Josh Reed having a good rookie year? It was because teams had to really watch Moulds and Price. Now teams have to really watch Moulds and Evans. It should be a good year for whoever our #3 WR is.

Great for our #3, unless (if you believe everything you read on TSW) the #3 is Josh Reed.

If it's Josh, then he stink up the world cuz he's really not that good, can't catch, can't stretch the field ...

I do think that Josh Reed is PERFECT for that #3 spot, possession-type routes underneath, that can take advantage in the 3 WR sets. It's like Don Beebe was -- no way was he a good #2, but he exploited the nickel back like crazy. Reed will do it with routes, while Beebe did it with speed.

First thing Parrish needs to learn is how to beat the first man.  One of his negatives is he gets jammed at the line.

322016[/snapback]

i recall troy vincent took lee evans under his wing last training camp, staying late after practice to concentrate on this very subject........they worked a ton of extra hours one on one, press coverage, so that lee could learn how to beat the bump......hopefully he does the same with roscoe......

thankfully, playing in the slot, roscoe won't face near the amount of jamming that lee did playing on the outside last year.......one thing that will help him though is that, playing for miami u, they use a lot of press coverage and rolle is a big, physical corner who he faced every day in practice......

i recall troy vincent took lee evans under his wing last training camp, staying late after practice to concentrate on this very subject........they worked a ton of extra hours one on one, press coverage, so that lee could learn how to beat the bump......hopefully he does the same with roscoe......

thankfully, playing in the slot, roscoe won't face near the amount of jamming that lee did playing on the outside last year.......one thing that will help him though is that, playing for miami u, they use a lot of press coverage and rolle is a big, physical corner who he faced every day in practice......

322022[/snapback]

Good point about Vincent. I think that likely helped Evans' ascension significantly.

First thing Parrish needs to learn is how to beat the first man.  One of his negatives is he gets jammed at the line.

322016[/snapback]

Someone is misreading the scouting reports. He has NOT been jammed at the line more than average in college. The expectation is that because of his size big corners will be able to jam him more in the NFL.

I do think that Josh Reed is PERFECT for that #3 spot, possession-type routes underneath, that can take advantage in the 3 WR sets.  It's like Don Beebe was -- no way was he a good #2, but he exploited the nickel back like crazy.  Reed will do it with routes, while Beebe did it with speed.

321990[/snapback]

The big difference between Beebe and Josh Reed... Beebe had wheels -- Reed doesn't. Parrish has plenty of speed to exploit that nickel back.