Two areas in downtown were strongly considered for new stadium

14 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I still can't believe a generic open air bowl stadium on land you already own will cost a billion and a half.

I’ve always kept an open mind regarding a new stadium, but I think that price tag is why I’m having trouble being enthusiastic. It just seems like a bad deal for all parties involved. 

2 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Corruption 

Mafia controlled business 

NYS politician's 

Trifecta

Yeah, I don’t live in WNY, but I’m still in NY. There’s some mind blowing stuff going on in my area. Not to go off course, but I question how much longer I want to be in this state everyday. It’s a shame that NY’s filthy hands need to get anywhere near this stadium stuff. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SirAndrew said:

Yeah, I don’t live in WNY, but I’m still in NY. There’s some mind blowing stuff going on in my area. Not to go off course, but I question how much longer I want to be in this state everyday. It’s a shame that NY’s filthy hands need to get anywhere near this stadium stuff. 

I hear ya... I never left Buffalo because my mother and father and the rest of my family

I just love them too much to leave.. maybe when they're gone

A lot of people don't realize, that the Italian mafia, that runs in New York City... Also has a crime family in Buffalo

And they had their hands in everything.. unions.. labor back In the day

Corruption is deep...

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

I hear ya... I never left Buffalo because my mother and father and the rest of my family

A lot of people don't realize, that the Italian mafia, that runs in New York City... Also has a family in Buffalo

And they have their hands in everything.. unions.. labor etc 

Corruption is deep... It's even crazier when you find out who runs the buffalo mafia

I've been great friends with the family you're referencing for several years - they have no influence or membership in Local 210 any longer, and haven't for a long time.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Shocked 1

9 minutes ago, Patience said:

I've been great friends with the family you're referencing for several years - they have no influence or membership in Local 210 any longer, and haven't for a long time.  

Well they certainly did back in the day...  whether they have much influential now is debatable

And Dominic violi has been arrested in the last five years as the underboss and talks about the family on wiretap ... Getting name underboss by them

Edited by Buffalo716

58 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I still can't believe a generic open air bowl stadium on land you already own will cost a billion and a half.

I’m guessing it won’t but they have to set an outside limit because you really can’t go back and get more money on a project like this. And remember there’s a difference between project cost and construction cost. They’re often confused.

3 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Well they certainly did back in the day...  whether they have much influential now is debatable

And Dominic violi has been arrested in the last five years as the underboss and talks about the family on wiretap 

Actually, it's not a debate, at all.  Not even in the slightest.  They have zero influence or involvement with Local 210, or any other labor union.  Both my dad and grandfather worked their entire careers with Local 210, and I've been extremely close to that family my entire life. There's zero debate.  

And don't name drop.  There's nothing you can tell me that I'm not already aware of.  

Edited by Patience
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Patience said:

Actually, it's not a debate, at all.  Not even in the slightest.  They have zero influence or involvement with Local 210, or any other labor union.  Both my dad and grandfather worked their entire careers with Local 210, and I've been extremely close to that family my entire life. There's zero debate.  

There's really nothing to debate cuz I really don't care .. it's just an interesting story

But the wiretaps say different and so did violi recently...  News reported it

Edited by Buffalo716

20 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

A lot of people don't realize, that the Italian mafia, that runs in New York City... Also has a family in Buffalo

And they have their hands in everything.. unions.. labor etc 

Corruption is deep... It's even crazier when you find out who runs the buffalo mafia

Really,  the Italian mafia, is this the 50's

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

There's really nothing to debate cuz I really don't care .. it's just an interesting story

But the wiretaps say different and so did violi .. 

What's the story?  There's zero involvement from the family you cited in your initial post.  There's no story.  

And no, nothing says differently, at all.  

1 hour ago, Old Man said:

Really,  the Italian mafia, is this the 50's

Lmao I was half joking with that... But the FBI is in Buffalo investigating the Buffalo Mafia right now

The under boss was arrested in the last few years.. whether they have a lot of influence, debatable 

But the FBI certainly back looking into it

1 hour ago, Patience said:

What's the story?  There's zero involvement from the family you cited in your initial post.  There's no story.  

And no, nothing says differently, at all.  

https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/shocking-mob-trial-allegation-hamilton-crime-figure-was-underboss-of-buffalo-mafia

Edited by Buffalo716

2 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Lmao I was half joking with that... But the FBI is in Buffalo investigating the Buffalo Mafia right now

The under boss was arrested in the last few years.. whether they have a lot of influence, debatable 

But the FBI certainly back looking into it

https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/shocking-mob-trial-allegation-hamilton-crime-figure-was-underboss-of-buffalo-mafia

Names the family.. the name has came up in the last 5 years 

You asserted that the Buffalo mob is involved with labor and local unions.  Your link states nothing in support of that.  Once again, no story.  And, once again, there's nothing you're able to tell me I'm not already aware of.  Sending me links of your Google sources does nothing.  

3 minutes ago, Patience said:

You asserted that the Buffalo mob is involved with labor and local unions.  Your link states nothing in support of that.  Once again, no story.  And, once again, there's nothing you're able to tell me I'm not already aware of.  Sending me links of your Google sources does nothing.  

Since sarcasm doesn't come through good through the internet.. things get lost in translation... I should have said had hands on everything

I was kind of half-assing that the mafia is actually playing a part in negotiations... Obviously politicians... They did have a hand in unions back in the day

But it fits because of the history of the mafia in Buffalo.. which is undeniable and there's been more reports of it recently

Which is why I jokingly included it.. I'm sorry for offending you

Edited by Buffalo716

Just now, Buffalo716 said:

Since sarcasm doesn't come through good through the internet.. things get lost in translation

I was kind of half-assing that the mafia is actually playing a part in negotiations... Obviously politicians

But it fits because of the history of the mafia in Buffalo.. which is undeniable and there's been more reports of it recently

Which is why I jokingly included it.. I'm sorry for offending you

You weren't being sarcastic or joking.  You were asserting something and gave the impression that you had information relating to it, which you don't.  

2 minutes ago, Patience said:

You weren't being sarcastic or joking.  You were asserting something and gave the impression that you had information relating to it, which you don't.  

I stated that the mafia has a family in Buffalo which is a fact and they had unions back in the day

And it is still operating cuz the FBI is here investigating it.. who knows what it has it's hands on

But the FBI knows it's in contact with the five families through wiretapping... 

Whatever they're doing it doesn't even matter... But they are running

Edited by Buffalo716

I stated that the mafia has a family in Buffalo which is a fact 

And it is still operating cuz the FBI is here investigating it

"And they have their hands in everything.. unions.. labor etc"

Want to take a guess at who posted this earlier in this thread?  And, just to be clear, it wasn't posted as a joke. 

Again, I keep telling you there's nothing you can tell me....yet, you keep trying.  

3 minutes ago, Patience said:

"And they have their hands in everything.. unions.. labor etc"

Want to take a guess at who posted this earlier in this thread?  And, just to be clear, it wasn't posted as a joke. 

Again, I keep telling you there's nothing you can tell me....yet, you keep trying.  

I already said that should say had not have which is past tense... It's a grammatical error 

It's a fact the FBI is still here investigating it 

They did run unions back in the day, which is why it was a fun thing to add on.. because the mafia exists in Buffalo

Edited by Buffalo716

I already said that should say had not have which is past tense... It's a grammatical error 

It's a fact the FBI is still here investigating it

The FBI is investigating Mafia involvement in local labor unions?  You have anything to back that up?  

Because if you re-read, that is the only part of your initial post that I addressed.  I have no comment on anything else you posted.