OT- How do I get rid of a mole

theesir

I've tried everthing over the past several years. The only things that work are the traps(but you have to monitor their runs and set them on the fresh ones; sometimes I've ru a hose in the runs andwaited for them to come up, sometimes 30 ft. away. The most effective method I've found is to sprau castor oil (Mole Med) around the perimeter of my yard and soak it in. It won't kill them, but it hurts their eyes and coats worms and grubs. WHen they eat, it gives them an upset stomach and gives them the runs. It doesn't work immediately, but over time, they circle my fence line and hit the neighbors yard.

24180[/snapback]

So now you not only have moles, but moles with the s-hits. :flirt:

Guest es_jay_dee_guest
stick pieces of juicy fruit in the holes....they eat it and get all F'ed up. SERIOUSLY

I can confirm that the Juicy Fruit works on some sort of critter that digs lots of tunnels & holes. (I never did see the vermin, just their handiwork.) The problem is finding the correct active tunnel opening, so it might take a few tries.

buy a dog or a cat.

24126[/snapback]

I've got a cat AND a dog and they won't go near the buggers...I think Moles must taste like stevestojan to family pets used to gormet victuals like Kibble-n-bits!

How do you apply the castor oil treatment? Is it sprayed on via a hose or is some other method used?

I have heard that the "get rid of the grubs" approach is the most effective. Some day I may try that on the moles in our yard. Believe me, theesir, it's not just a he or an it. It's "them" and a cat probably won't work. We have a cat, and while she kills several every year, she has not eliminated them. I've also killed a few with a shovel. I've used a castor oil recipe without much success. I know in addition to the other possible solutions there are supposed to be electrical devices that are supposed to drive them out. If we owned our property, I might get more serious about attacking them, but since it's not, we have a peaceful coexistence beyond them, other than killing the ones that are dumb enough to come out when I can see them.

BTW our puppy also killed one at six months old. He's a miniature poodle, chihuahua, miniature dachshund mix and has both the mole and a rabbit on his scorecard, and he caught them while on his chain.

I've got a cat AND a dog and they won't go near the buggers...I think Moles must taste like stevestojan to family pets used to gormet victuals like Kibble-n-bits!

How do you apply the castor oil treatment?  Is it sprayed on via a hose or is some other method used?

24372[/snapback]

Spray it on with a hose and an Ortho type sprayer.

24372[/snapback]

Our cat will kill them but won't touch them to eat them. Our puppy ate the one he caught and had no apparent ill effects. I'd always heard that moles taste terrible to animals but I guess Toby hasn't read the literature.

Simple solution, find latest tunnel they are in and put some rozol( rat poisin) keep adding till you see it no longer being eaten and ensure you keep it out for ten days later, Guranteed to kill therodent and children. Other option is to find were they come out put mouse trap with apple or peanut butter on it and cover with a bucket etc. I like ROzol route since it gets the little ones as well.