Jump to content

What's going on with the Jets and their Spleens


Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

 

I think the worst 4 teams will be the Texans, Eagles, Lions and Jets. I think the Jets are probably the best of those 4 but I wouldn't put much money on it. Eagles are my favourite for #1 overall. They have a bad roster where there best players are old and broken down and they appear to have hired an idiot as Head Coach.

 

Oh my sister who is an AVID Eagles fan agrees with you 110%.....she is NOT happy.....I don't blame her!!!  Don't even have to text her to ask.....she is NOT happy!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Two big edge rush additions gone for the year. I like Salah but his version of the cover 3 is a front to back version compared to Sean's which works back to front. If Saleh doesn't have the horses the Jets defense is gonna be really bad.

Jets also have no good corners 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

Jets also have no good corners 

 

Correct but the Saleh scheme generally helps below average corner play with pass rush. Without the horses up front those corners are going to be toasted like marshmallows week after week. 

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32083629/vinny-curry-miss-new-york-jets-season-due-complications-rare-blood-disorder

 

First Darnold, now Vinny Curry. Something in the New Jersey water?

 

Jokes aside, prayers for the veteran to make a full recovery and return to the field.

 

Oh, forgot to add: With Lawson out and now Curry, they would be so happy to take Addison for a late pick. I wouldnt mind that trade.

The Jets have some 'spleening to do!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

 

I think the worst 4 teams will be the Texans, Eagles, Lions and Jets. I think the Jets are probably the best of those 4 but I wouldn't put much money on it. Eagles are my favourite for #1 overall. They have a bad roster where there best players are old and broken down and they appear to have hired an idiot as Head Coach.

Jets get to play two of those (eagles and Texans) and also get the bengals. Along with games against the Jags and Broncos they could play them selves out of the top 5? That would be the Jet thing to do. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, YattaOkasan said:

Jets get to play two of those (eagles and Texans) and also get the bengals. Along with games against the Jags and Broncos they could play them selves out of the top 5? That would be the Jet thing to do. 

I can definitely see Jets ending up with at least top 5, or even top 3 pick when all is said and done.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, YattaOkasan said:

Sure but I would be more happy if they beat all those teams and had pick 8 or something 

Lol, well I guess it doesn't matter to me all that much. I don't consider them a threat either way for likely next 2 seasons at least.

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/32083629/vinny-curry-miss-new-york-jets-season-due-complications-rare-blood-disorder

 

First Darnold, now Vinny Curry. Something in the New Jersey water?

 

Jokes aside, prayers for the veteran to make a full recovery and return to the field.

 

Oh, forgot to add: With Lawson out and now Curry, they would be so happy to take Addison for a late pick. I wouldnt mind that trade.

 

Jest could sign so to be able to get info on defense.  

Sure they could sign a cut player but would get more information from someone who had been in system for a while.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, YattaOkasan said:

Jets get to play two of those (eagles and Texans) and also get the bengals. Along with games against the Jags and Broncos they could play them selves out of the top 5? That would be the Jet thing to do. 

 

I thought so before these injuries. Now I am less convinced. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

 

I thought so before these injuries. Now I am less convinced. 

Before the injuries I was pretty interested in betting the over on their win total.  Now, I just hope they manage to win those games so they fall down the draft.  Really hoping they could beat the pats once as you dont really need a pass rush to beat Cam in week 2.  That could also continue to take the shine off BB since it would be wilson doing the winning.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, YattaOkasan said:

Before the injuries I was pretty interested in betting the over on their win total.  Now, I just hope they manage to win those games so they fall down the draft.  Really hoping they could beat the pats once as you dont really need a pass rush to beat Cam in week 2.  That could also continue to take the shine off BB since it would be wilson doing the winning.

 

Yea Wilson isn't beating Belichick. For as great a rookie year as Justin Herbert had Bill totally befuddled him. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, GunnerBill said:

 

Yea Wilson isn't beating Belichick. For as great a rookie year as Justin Herbert had Bill totally befuddled him. 

I just want to dream...  Really was hoping that Salah would stop whatever they roll out for an offense week 2 which meant they could steal a win.  Your points about their front 4 though make sense.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...