Cole Beasley and Gabriel Davis must sit out 5 days due to close contact

BillsMafi$

11 minutes ago, wjag said:

Josh is vaccinated.  No doubt about it.  He did an interview with Peter King where both were standing a foot apart without masks on.  King would not been allowed to do that if both were unvaxed.  Earlier in the same week, King interviewed Mahommes.  Mahommes was 6 feet away and King was masked.  Read into that what you want.  Doesn't say anything about Mahommes, but it does say something about King and Allen,

Mahommes is vaccinated, he got vaccinated early and was public about his decision, saying it was to protect his baby

• Agree 1

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Mahommes is vaccinated, he got vaccinated early and was public about his decision, saying it was to protect his baby

I suspected so, but didn't know one way or the other.  I figured he was uber cautious.  King was traveling from camp to camp coming into contact with lots of people in camp and the transport system.

They're not punishing unvaccinated.  They're protecting them. As employers they are required to have health and safety protocols to protect their employees, as well as the the rest of of their employees - and sometimes that means protecting them from themselves.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

This might have been covered already, but if Bease and Davis were inoculated, how would this situation been different? 

After testing negative, they would still be able to enter the facility and practice vs. being sent home for 5 days.

They would be tested every day and go on the covid list if they test positive.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, BTB said:

I’ll believe it when I see it happen. 

Only forfeit if you cannot field a team. As long as the vaxxed players test negative it would be like those that are unvaxxed (we probably know most of them now)were injured and the game would go on.  It was different last year as nobody was vaxxed (hadn't been rolled out yet) so most of the team would be in the 5 day shut-down.

Edited by CorkScrewHill

OK Folks, we don't seem able to discuss this as a football issue without going way beyond NFL rules and into the relative risk of vaccinated and unvaccinated people transmitting covid and making general statements about covid, (some supported some not)

I split off a couple of articles people linked into the covid facts thread, where answers to questions about vaccine effectiveness against Delta and relative rates of vaccinated and unvaccinated people getting sick can be found.

Cheers!

• Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 5