The 2nd best team in the AFC East is…

On 8/24/2021 at 1:53 PM, NickelCity said:

I also think the Pats* are the second best team in the division, for the reasons mentioned. It's a stout roster with a good coach, and options at QB when one falters. 

Just due to the nature of divisional games I'd be surprised if we swept it again. I also think the Jets are going to be considerably tougher than last year, but still bad. 

The Pats* lost their most important person - Director of Spying - although I am not convinced he actually left but I think he is working remotely for them.

For the JEST it will be like doggie doo which has been sitting out in sun  - very bad.

Mac Jones had an amazing day (in a game where tackling isn't allowed), so everyone is back on the Pats bandwagon.  

Of course, we saw the same hype about Stidham, and dozens of QB's for dozens of teams over the years.  But man, would it rile me up if they did get a steal & Jones ends up being one of the top ones from that draft...

9 hours ago, Success said:

Mac Jones had an amazing day (in a game where tackling isn't allowed), so everyone is back on the Pats bandwagon.  

Of course, we saw the same hype about Stidham, and dozens of QB's for dozens of teams over the years.  But man, would it rile me up if they did get a steal & Jones ends up being one of the top ones from that draft...

Stidham never got any hype like that, he just happened to be "the next" QB after Brady at the time, but he has never done anything Mac Jones is doing now in camp. 

Edited by Ghost_002!

1 hour ago, Ghost_002! said:

Stidham never got any hype like that, he just happened to be "the next" QB after Brady at the time, but he has never done anything Mac Jones is doing now in camp. 

Oh, Stidham ABSOLUTELY got similar hype. I check the Pats boards - he was hyped through the roof.

It was almost identical.  The only difference is that Jones did have an exceptional day yesterday, so maybe a little more of a foundation - but the sentiment was exactly the same.

For that matter, it was the same hype when the Pats acquired Cam.

1 hour ago, Success said:

Oh, Stidham ABSOLUTELY got similar hype. I check the Pats boards - he was hyped through the roof.

It was almost identical.  The only difference is that Jones did have an exceptional day yesterday, so maybe a little more of a foundation - but the sentiment was exactly the same.

For that matter, it was the same hype when the Pats acquired Cam.

You're orig. statement sounded more like everything outside of NE especially when you referred to other QBs. I mean i think there is/was a small group that hyped Stidham, but hey fans being fans.(i think it's diff. in Jones case).  i read on here where there are some bills fans hyping Trubisky after 1 preseason game, i mean it's Matt Trubisky and according to some of this board if Allen had to go down(not wishing that)  Trubisky can now keep things rolling, like really!?

Edited by Ghost_002!

7 hours ago, Ghost_002! said:

You're orig. statement sounded more like everything outside of NE especially when you referred to other QBs. I mean i think there is/was a small group that hyped Stidham, but hey fans being fans.(i think it's diff. in Jones case).  i read on here where there are some bills fans hyping Trubisky after 1 preseason game, i mean it's Matt Trubisky and according to some of this board if Allen had to go down(not wishing that)  Trubisky can now keep things rolling, like really!?

I don’t see anyone on here necessarily predicting that Mitch would keep rolling if JA went down.

I see people saying that there’s potential for him to be a solid to great back up if JA went down. Unless a starter goes out for an entire season, if your back up can play .500 ball, that puts the team in good shape when the starter is back.

Mitch can do that and it’s not based on one preseason game. His career record as a starter is 29-21, which is better than .500 ball.

On 8/23/2021 at 10:51 PM, BillsFan619 said:

Hey Doc! Can you please go into the future and then come back and let us know if the bills win it all in 2021?

By the way, Back to the Future is my favorite movie of all time. So, I love your forum name.

Is that because you can only go back in time and once in the past you can only back to the future?