What's with the knee injuries?

The one that concerns me the most is Harry. He's looked good when on the field and we need him this year. The previously torn ACL makes me nervous until we get an actual report from the team. 

• Agree 2

12 hours ago, Comebackkid said:

Because their knees already hurt?

Just seems knee injuries are way more common than they used to be.    3 guys with knee injuries in one game and the season hasnt even started yet.    Slow that crap down

2 things...what was reported back in the days was far less than now regarding injuries, and players were far more likely to come back into the game with injuries than they are now when they are held out for precautionary reasons...a far different game in terms of injuries and playing through injuries than it was even 20 years ago, let alone 50 years ago.

10 hours ago, Comebackkid said:

probably a dumb comment but, if grass really does cause more injuries u would think the nfl would just mandate fields need to be turf....then 

on the other hand i suppose these are fields that see other sports played on them? 

I know Soldier Field is grass, but in general the belief seems to be that Astroturf is actually harder on knees and that playing/practicing on turf all the time causes more  knee stress that results in more injuries.

And no I don't have data to back that up, it was in an article I read that OLmen hate turf.

• Like (+1) 1