Biden fumbles pandemic cure

36 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

You’re wasting your time here. @BillStime doesn’t even know how big pharma R&D works.  That the nearly $1b the Trump Administration sent to Pfizer was a “reimbursement” for the $1b they spent out of pocket for the R&D.  I think he cried when he realized Trump was responsible for paying for his shot.  😂

You know this is a very good point.  This pretty much proves that there would still have been 600,000 Covid (🙄) deaths in 2020 even if Biden (or anyone else) was elected in 2016. 

Well maybe not 600,000. They may have not tallied things like being killed in a car wreck the day after testing positive as a “Covid death”. 🙄

You love picking at a scab don’t you? You want me to pull up our LAST exchange on this and how you refused to answer questions because it

highlighted your ignorance? 

More than willing to do so

6 minutes ago, BillStime said:

You love picking at a scab don’t you? You want me to pull up our LAST exchange on this and how you refused to answer questions because it

highlighted your ignorance? 

More than willing to do so

Sure go ahead.  Bring it up again. And referring to yourself as a scab is kinda weird but whatever. 

3 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Oh I will Jim - and next we will revisit your inability to read a graph. 

No now dude. What’s the hold up?  

Regarding the graph.  Sorry you lost that one too.  The graphs made my point very well. Does losing so much hurt?  Oh wait.  All those years as a Bills fan prepared you for this. 

30 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

No now dude. What’s the hold up?  

Regarding the graph.  Sorry you lost that one too.  The graphs made my point very well. Does losing so much hurt?  Oh wait.  All those years as a Bills fan prepared you for this. 

You lost Jim - those graphs did NOT support your claim. It did just the opposite - repost those graphs with your explicit analysis 

3 minutes ago, BillStime said:

You lost Jim - those graphs did NOT support your claim. It did just the opposite - repost those graphs with your explicit analysis 

My point was that even though VT has by far the highest vaccination rate it’s per capita spike was (though less) similar to that of AL which has the lowest vaccination rate.  You do realize that AL has nearly 10 times the population of VT right? 

Edited by Chef Jim

8 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

My point was that even though VT has by far the highest vaccination rate it’s per capita spike was (though less) similar to that of AL which has the lowest vaccination rate.  You do realize that AL has nearly 10 times the population of VT right? 

13 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

He either does and is being disingenuous or doesn't and is ignorant.  Neither of which is a good look.

20 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Mu poit was that even though VT has by far the highest vaccination rate it’s per capita spike was (though less) similar to that of AL which has the lowest vaccination rate.  You do realize that AL has nearly 10 times the population of VT right? 

Jim pushing the goal posts to make up for his poor argument

• Eyeroll 1

39 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Nope. That was my point all along. Show me how it’s wrong. 

looking at the latest per capita cases:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2020/national/coronavirus-us-cases-deaths/

VT and AL are not at all alike. AL is now at 93 per capita, in the 7 day rolling average, where as VT is way at the bottom at 23. VT looks to have kept a flatter line pre-vaccine.

Further, we’ve seen if you get the vaccine you’re less likely to die even if you get a breakthrough. We see that in the data as well with AL and VT:

https://www.beckershospitalreview.com/public-health/us-coronavirus-deaths-by-state-july-1.html

AL has a 0.55 deaths per 100,000 whereas VT is 0.09.

VT is 68 percent vaxxed.

AL is 36.8 percent vaxxed.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

looking at the latest per capita cases:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2020/national/coronavirus-us-cases-deaths/

VT and AL are not at all alike. AL is now at 93 per capita, in the 7 day rolling average, where as VT is way at the bottom at 23. VT looks to have kept a flatter line pre-vaccine.

Further, we’ve seen if you get the vaccine you’re less likely to die even if you get a breakthrough. We see that in the data as well with AL and VT:

https://www.beckershospitalreview.com/public-health/us-coronavirus-deaths-by-state-july-1.html

AL has a 0.55 deaths per 100,000 whereas VT is 0.09.

VT is 68 percent vaxxed.

AL is 36.8 percent vaxxed.

Correct.  See Billsy. This is how you make an argument.  And my point was we are looking at the best and the worst regarding vaccinations.  And VT’s line does NOT look flatter at all!  That was my point 

8 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Correct.  See Billsy. This is how you make an argument.  And my point was we are looking at the best and the worst regarding vaccinations.  And VT’s line does NOT look flatter at all!  That was my point 

It does though. The per capita rate of infection is much lower in VT. The per capita rate of death is much lower too.

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

It does though. The per capita rate of infection is much lower in VT. The per capita rate of death is much lower too.

I also think we need to look at is the rate of increase in cases from pre-Delta to now.  I don’t have time to look at that now.  

• 2 weeks later...