It's Time to Mandate Vaccines

19 hours ago, Sundancer said:

The larger scale numbers of vaccinated vs unvaccinated are much more convincing than this small sample. And of course, high risk folks should be boosted. 

I could give lots of links but here's at least a recent summary thread on Singapore. 

Singapore is around 84% vaccination rate achieved mostly this summer and by early August 2021 with Pfizer and Moderna (ironically not the Chinese vaccines).  The vaccines should be working.  My point is when do they start to lose efficacy, sometime after 6 months and maybe variable for immunocompromised, aged patients?  Point is the CDC/epidemiologists need to be focusing on shoring up specific guidelines for different high risk patients and getting the word out a little more forcefully.  People like my parents (around 80) got their second dose in March and are getting a booster tomorrow.  How long have they been at increased risk?

We need to tease out ineffectiveness for Delta vs need for booster and high hospital numbers (percentages) of fully vaxxed patients across increasing severities should be carefully considered as a top priority.

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, GaryPinC said:

So, a very disturbing tweet for me from Mark Poloncarnz if true:

follow up tweet:

"Of the 145 COVID-19 patients in the hospital on November 1, 88 patients (61%) were not fully vaccinated, 22 (65%) of 34 ICU patients were not fully vaccinated, and 14 (61%) of 23 patients with an airway assist were not fully vaccinated. 2/2"

Very, very, very small numbers but if true nearly 40% of their patients are fully vaccinated and that percent follows through increasing severity!

The good news is Pfizer's booster dose restores immunity up to initial levels:

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20211021005491/en/

To summarize:  10,000 participants age 16 and up, median 11 months past second dose, monitored for covid 7 days post injection with 2.5 month follow up.  Looking at the timings, I would estimate the booster study was done in late spring/early June with 2.5 follow-up late summer before concluding study, if so it did hold up against Delta.     

Bottom line is if you are older or know anyone high risk for Covid on Pfizer vaccine, go get your booster.  Protection may be significantly degraded after 6 months.  Some evidence Moderna's lasts longer but not sure how much longer. 

Just a reminder that natural immunity protection will also fade over time, but this may be a CDC fail.  40% is way too large a number, can this be unique to Erie county?  If not, the CDC is really dropping the ball IMO.

That 40% number is pretty troubling.  Biden and his cronies have been saying this is 1% not 40%

On Thursday, President Joe Biden released a statement addressing his administration’s vaccine and testing mandate for employees at companies with 100 or more workers. 

Biden stated, “while I would have much preferred that requirements not become necessary, too many people remain unvaccinated for us to get out of this pandemic for good,” going on to claim that he “instituted requirements – and they are working.”

https://www.dailywire.com/news/biden-administration-releases-statement-on-vaccine-mandate-for-private-sector-workers

Screenshot_20211104-131953_Chrome.jpg

1 hour ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

That 40% number is pretty troubling.  Biden and his cronies have been saying this is 1% not 40%

Yeah, again, it's 144 patients in Erie County it could be an anomaly or explanation for the data but it bears investigation.  With the holiday season almost upon us, and the corresponding winter surge to follow, it might be good to get boosters to the proper people.

• Agree 1

Drudge won't let the hysteria die.

You only keep hyping it because the hysterical lunatics refuse to live life and give this crap the middle finger - they and they alone are keeping the fear going and thus the consequences of more and more control.....

Virginia fully course corrected.  It better freaking be in the works already to end all of Blackface's controls on day 1.  Including all masks in schools.  

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Sundancer said:

I wonder if vaccines work. Idiocy in the south and Midwest. 

Meanwhile in CA they continue to mask. Idiocy in the west (and NE):

"They let...."

Wow the power humans have over aresolized viruses is supernatural.  

Looks like it's "ripping thru" everywhere regardless of them mandates that stop the air in its tracks.  

Just now, Big Blitz said:

"They let...."

Wow the power humans have over aresolized viruses is supernatural.  

Looks like it's "ripping thru" everywhere regardless of them mandates that stop the air in its tracks.  

Did you, uh, miss the graphs showing how it’s ripping through well vaccinated California?

We do have power. Vaccines to prevent and a handful of treatments to treat. But the vaccines is the big thing, not that you paid attention to the data in the two items I linked. 

4 minutes ago, Sundancer said:

Did you, uh, miss the graphs showing how it’s ripping through well vaccinated California?

We do have power. Vaccines to prevent and a handful of treatments to treat. But the vaccines is the big thing, not that you paid attention to the data in the two items I linked. 

I understand vaccines decreased odds of death and have for quite some time yes.  

The virus behaves regardless of how fascist your governor chooses to be.  

"Cases!!" surged in the free South over the late summer - now plummeting - no mandates - science.  

"Cases!" are surging in states/countries with high levels of fascism.  Somehow the People's Republic of Hawaii is seeing one of the highest surges in the country.   

The Left is just incapable of reviewing data, particularly cause of death data, in context...primarily because they have an agenda to assert

They view "COVID Death" through a prism that starts with zero deaths ever happen, when in fact people die all the time. 

For example, today's "CNN Update" reveals the horrifying prediction that "500,000" people could die from COVID this Winter...

Um, so what.  Europe has close to 800m people...500k people is 0.000625% of the population...far more people will die "of something" in Europe this winter, 4 of the 12 months this year.  In 2016, in just the EU which comprises a smaller population than the 800m referenced, 5.5m people died.  That implies that 1,833,000 people died in the EU (again, just a fraction of the 800m referenced) the Winter of 2016...and guess what?!  They are likely Old People who are ill and die of....SOMETHING.

Currently we label that viral contagion COVID, but in every other year its Flu or whatever. 

I'm more convinced than ever that this is a Global Psy Op executed perfectly to prey on a weak-minded and exceedingly Gullible Western population.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, OrangeBills said:

The Left is just incapable of reviewing data, particularly cause of death data, in context...primarily because they have an agenda to assert

They view "COVID Death" through a prism that starts with zero deaths ever happen, when in fact people die all the time. 

For example, today's "CNN Update" reveals the horrifying prediction that "500,000" people could die from COVID this Winter...

Um, so what.  Europe has close to 800m people...500k people is 0.000625% of the population...far more people will die "of something" in Europe this winter, 4 of the 12 months this year.  In 2016, in just the EU which comprises a smaller population than the 800m referenced, 5.5m people died.  That implies that 1,833,000 people died in the EU (again, just a fraction of the 800m referenced) the Winter of 2016...and guess what?!  They are likely Old People who are ill and die of....SOMETHING.

Currently we label that viral contagion COVID, but in every other year its Flu or whatever. 

I'm more convinced than ever that this is a Global Psy Op executed perfectly to prey on a weak-minded and exceedingly Gullible Western population.  

There is a distinction between "death with COVID" vs. "death by COVID" missing from the discussion when it comes to death statistics and causes.  Right now a guy with a positive COVID test riding a motorcycle that's killed crashing into the back of a semi is counted as a COVID death.

53 minutes ago, OrangeBills said:

So, the left looks "through a prism that starts with zero deaths ever happen"  while you appear to look through a prism that people die all the time, so what?

"The Left is just incapable of reviewing data, particularly cause of death data,"     "They are likely Old People who are ill and die of....SOMETHING."

Way to show those lefties some mind-blowing hypocrisy.

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

I understand vaccines decreased odds of death and have for quite some time yes.  

The virus behaves regardless of how fascist your governor chooses to be.  

"Cases!!" surged in the free South over the late summer - now plummeting - no mandates - science.  

"Cases!" are surging in states/countries with high levels of fascism.  Somehow the People's Republic of Hawaii is seeing one of the highest surges in the country.   

You missed your time with Reading Rainbow. I didn't quote case statistics for the low vax states. In fact, you quoted a cases statistic and I countered with a deaths statistic. Cases AND deaths surged in the south and midwest over the summer.

Here's the data. Again.  

12 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

There is a distinction between "death with COVID" vs. "death by COVID" missing from the discussion when it comes to death statistics and causes.  Right now a guy with a positive COVID test riding a motorcycle that's killed crashing into the back of a semi is counted as a COVID death.

Oh Jesus we're back to this. We have a massive excess of deaths in the world and in the US right now over the last 19 months. It's not from motorcycle accidents. 

10 minutes ago, GaryPinC said:

So, the left looks "through a prism that starts with zero deaths ever happen"  while you appear to look through a prism that people die all the time, so what?

"The Left is just incapable of reviewing data, particularly cause of death data,"     "They are likely Old People who are ill and die of....SOMETHING."

Way to show those lefties some mind-blowing hypocrisy.

I don't think you grasped the concept here, so discussion may be futile, but very clearly I'm arguing that policies and procedures and rules put in place in response to deaths would be radically different from those prisms.  

For example, you wouldn't cancel every event for 20 months, make kids wear masks in schools, etc etc

9 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

google search leads to two single cases:  Here's your  motorcycle crash:  https://wpde.com/news/nation-world/man-who-died-in-motorcycle-crash-counted-as-covid-19-death-in-florida-report-07-18-2020

MOST IMPORTANTLY, here's a great article explaining that it was not counted.  https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/verify/covid-deaths-car-crash-comorbidities-coronavirus-death-total-counts-john-hopkins-study/65-e3842ed2-f753-4a15-8b97-c2ae75c2b2ce

Read it.  It's a great article and please stop blowing things out of proportion.   Mistakes happen.  There are also procedures in place to correct these mistakes.

1 hour ago, OrangeBills said:

***** the old people, right? 

Another 500K people dying. "So what." 

Edited by Sundancer

10 minutes ago, OrangeBills said:

I don't think you grasped the concept here, so discussion may be futile, but very clearly I'm arguing that policies and procedures and rules put in place in response to deaths would be radically different from those prisms.  

For example, you wouldn't cancel every event for 20 months, make kids wear masks in schools, etc etc

I certainly didn't grasp it because most of your post was spent railing on lefties, spewing statistics to try and minimize the extra death burden (while ignoring the overall health burden) this virus has created, then being hypocritically guilty of that which you were railing against, so thanks for clarifying.  I have no problem railing on lefties but please stop pretending you are making a cogent argument because you're only fooling yourself.

While I certainly agree that some countries and US states were and continue to be over-the-top to varying degrees, protective measures were necessary until medicine and science could catch up to this virus.  

Your prism is par for the course in Russia.  They just had to implement their first lockdown as their mostly nonchalant attitude has created this:

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/russia/#graph-deaths-daily    These are the deaths, mirrored by the case numbers.  There are no lags, nor return to a true baseline as of yet.

We haven't cancelled every event for 20 months and masking rules have changed.  It may be futile to rationally discuss, given your love of hyperbole, but the rules have changed dynamically and will continue to do so as needed.