Kelly-era 1st Playoff Game. Div.Round vs. Houston (Pre K-Gun)

4 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

Wow!

You are far more optimistic than I am.

That Bills team was good, but I don't think they were good enough to win it all.

Cincinnati had the 49ers on the ropes.

Just finished watching this .

I can’t believe how many times Mueller carried the ball! WTF. And pulling Thurman out for Riddick when Thurm was killing it. Thomas was clearly the best back on the field. Coaches overthink things sometimes.

Weird seeing the single bar Facemasks on the kickers. 
    Love the Red Helmets.

Tasker doing a Flip?

Special Teams blocking a punt and FG….. sweet.

Norwood….. not so sweet.

That D was for real.

Nice seeing Moon throw the ball again. I always admired him as a player. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Just finished watching this .

I can’t believe how many times Mueller carried the ball! WTF. And pulling Thurman out for Riddick when Thurm was killing it. Thomas was clearly the best back on the field. Coaches overthink things sometimes.

Weird seeing the single bar Facemasks on the kickers. 
    Love the Red Helmets.

Tasker doing a Flip?

Special Teams blocking a punt and FG….. sweet.

Norwood….. not so sweet.

That D was for real.

Nice seeing Moon throw the ball again. I always admired him as a player. 

Not doubt.. Tasker sealed the deal at the end. Norwood missing those 2 FG's didn't help at all. 

Gotta say that Paul Maquire was the man! Dude straight up knew WTF he was talking about which is refreshing these days, 

Edited by Real McNasty
  • Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

I could only be there in spirit as I was on a construction project, living in Granbury, TX.  @CowgirlsFan This was only the 3rd game I saw all year, being in Cowboy/Oiler country. The others were MNF @ Mia & NYJ. Had to watch other games for updates and never missed Chris Berman. No DTV, SiriusXM or interweb feeds. Talk about ‘tough times!’ The Dark Ages!

And yet, every now and then I wish I could go back to the dark ages.  30 minute pregame shows, the 80s announcers, not being glued to a cell phone, no FF to distract me, running to the store for the preseason mags, Shout! news paper, etc.  I wouldnt want to stay there but damn I'd like to visit once in a while.

• Like (+1) 2

I didn't rewatch the game you posted, but, as I remember it Bruce Smith was unstoppable until he got injured. There was a horrible facemask penalty called on him then he was injured shortly thereafter. Along with all the other "ifs" already mentioned (being at Rich instead of away, TT getting more caries, Norwood...), if Bruce stays in the game, I think the Bills win. And yes, would have been a great SB against SF that I think we could have taken.

On 7/9/2021 at 9:11 AM, Chandler#81 said:

From the ashes of back to back 2 win seasons, a 4 win season & strike shortened 7 win campaign, we BURST onto the scene in ‘88 with a 12 win, Division Title season. Rookie RB T. Thomas added to a burgeoning team of Super talent as the pieces started coming together. (Click on Watch on YouTube)

Thanks again Chandler. That was the first time I’ve seen this game. I was delivering pizzas for Marvino’s, listening to Van. It felt like everyone I knew ordered pizza and wings that day just to rub it in.

• Like (+1) 1

I was at the game and remember in the 4th quarter everyone chanting "Harold....Harold.....Harold" which was Warren Moon's formal first name.

I doubt it had any effect but it was fun anyway.

The two things I noticed when I rewatched this game were the gigantic size of the shoulder pads compared to what the players are wearing today, and the effect that rule changes have had on today's pass rush.  If that game were played under today's rules, the fourth quarter would have consisted of penalties and the refs would have been on TV more than the players.  In a way I can understand why the rules were changed when I saw how many times Jimbo and Warren were getting creamed after the ball came out.