DeSantis For President in 2024?

11 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

contraception ban

These idiots don’t realize that Mifepristone is a form of contraception and the Trump judge just tried to ban it.

This **will** come back to haunt you 

Edited by BillStime

55 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

welcome to the United States of America.

Every major employer doesn’t pay their fair share of taxes and gets involved in politics lol

Most large corporations until recently stayed out of straight political fights, like Jordan said "Republican  buy shoes also". 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillStime said:

These idiots don’t realize that Mifepristone is a form of contraception and the Trump judge just tried to ban it.

This **will** come back to haunt you 

It included a provision to override the Religious Freedom Restoration Act. It was a gotcha bill. It also allows non FDA approved birth control. The very idea that contraception is or should be a legislated right is ridicuous.

The right of free speech

The right to bear arms

The right to due process

The right to trial by jury

The right to contraception

We've gone nuts

Edited by Pokebball

2 hours ago, Orlando Tim said:

Most large corporations until recently stayed out of straight political fights, like Jordan said "Republican  buy shoes also". 

Payless gets most of their shoes from China. Trump gets most of his swag there too.  A guy running for local office runs a MAGA store.  I asked him how much of his stuff was made in USA.  To his credit, he said "very little".  Which is fine if you're not chanting "buy American".  Which we should all try to do.

Edited by redtail hawk
  • Agree 1

30 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

Do you have a constitutional right for your erectile dysfunction? Let the FDS deal with this.

We all have a constitutional right to the pursuit of happiness.  Unless I'm mistaken, many people get happiness from sex but...they don't always want to produce babies.  And many of them, society doesn't want to.  Therefore, contraception is a constitutional right.  That and because contraception has been practiced as long as humans have existed.  Blow up dolls are a relatively new invention and from what I've heard, unsatisfactory.  What's your opinion?  Seriously. do you want unwanted babies everywhere from every instinct induced act?  What a mess... but if you just wanna say no, that's great.  I guess.. Leave everyone who doesn't alone (or with someone else who disagrees with you).

Edited by redtail hawk
  • Eyeroll 1

13 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

We all have a constitutional right to the pursuit of happiness.  Unless I'm mistaken, many people get happiness from sex but...they don't always want to produce babies.  And many of them, society doesn't want to.  Therefore, contraception is a constitutional right.  That and because contraception has been practiced as long as humans have existed.  Blow up dolls are a relatively new invention and from what I've heard, unsatisfactory.  What's your opinion?  Seriously. do you want unwanted babies everywhere from every instinct induced act?  What a mess... but if you just wanna say no, that's great.  I guess..

Your argument applies to everything. Everything. 

Fundamental rights fellas!

• Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, BillStime said:

What does the constitution say about contraception? 

Well, Thomas Jefferson said a lot by his progeny.  But I don't find that argument convincing.  From what I've read about some of them, neither did they.  Two consenting adults are an entirely different matter.

Edited by redtail hawk

2 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

as usual, nebulous argument.  could be interpreted a thousand ways.  splain...

pursuit of happiness...

I want fishing protected

I want camping protected

I want youth baseball protected

I want apple pie protected

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

pursuit of happiness...

I want fishing protected

I want camping protected

me too.  And sex...why is what you want more important than what I (and what the vast majority of humans) want?  you wanna be a monk?  No one is stopping you.  Perhaps you've already decided to be celibate.  Good for you!  I guess...

Edited by redtail hawk

13 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

pursuit of happiness...

I want fishing protected

I want camping protected

A line of Supreme Court cases establishes that the U.S. Constitution no guarantees a person's ability to make certain decisions in matters related to procreation, child rearing, contraception, marriage (including interracial marriage and same-sex marriage), and consensual sexual activity.

Although abortion is no longer protected by the Constitution, contraception is. Access to contraception was first recognized as a constitutional right in Griswold v. Connecticut in 1965; extended to unmarried couples in Eisenstadt v. Bairdin 1972; and reached people under the age of 16 in Carey v. Population Services International in 1977.

link

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BillStime said:

A line of Supreme Court cases establishes that the U.S. Constitution no guarantees a person's ability to make certain decisions in matters related to procreation, child rearing, contraception, marriage (including interracial marriage and same-sex marriage), and consensual sexual activity.

Although abortion is no longer protected by the Constitution, contraception is. Access to contraception was first recognized as a constitutional right in Griswold v. Connecticut in 1965; extended to unmarried couples in Eisenstadt v. Bairdin 1972; and reached people under the age of 16 in Carey v. Population Services International in 1977.

link

In practical terms, it has been extended to married and unmarried couples for centuries.  Bastards have always been low on the social acceptance scale.  Mistresses, not so much...

Edited by redtail hawk
  • Like (+1) 1

On 11/6/2022 at 11:05 PM, ChiGoose said:

Trump just has to call DeSantis a dumb nickname akin to Little Marco and it’ll be over. 

Honestly, even something as dumb as Ron “PeePee PooPoo Pants” DeSantis should do. The braindead masses will laugh it up and turn on DeSantis in a second.