What remains of the Trump/Foxconn boondoggle in Wisconsin

6 minutes ago, Doc said:

So, not "shovel ready," eh?

You could say that, and more.

Just one more example of government waste via publicly-funded subsidies to wealthy corporations.

I get it. I know that as soon as I mention that serial conman Trump, y'all get out your facts-be-gone spray.

Does not matter to me if it was Trump or any other politician, but a con is a con. Making grandiose promises to shake down the public and secure political currency with no deliverable is a con.

And too many of our politicians are cut from the same cloth.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, WideNine said:

Just one more example of government waste via publicly-funded subsidies to wealthy corporations.

I get it. I know that as soon as I mention that serial conman Trump, y'all get out your facts-be-gone spray.

Does not matter to me if it was Trump or any other politician, but a con is a con. Making grandiose promises to shake down the public and secure political currency with no deliverable is a con.

And too many of our politicians are cut from the same cloth.

Yeah… WTF would anyone ever believe a Chinese LCD factory is a good idea? Was Foxconn looking for a 15x labor increase on low margin products and far more operationally intrusive regulation?? 

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 years later...
On 6/11/2021 at 2:27 PM, WideNine said:

Is exactly what Biden is doing in that state right now and what most of his "inflation reduction, chips, green" bills were.

1 hour ago, Tommy Callahan said:

Is exactly what Biden is doing in that state right now and what most of his "inflation reduction, chips, green" bills were.

What happened to Foxconn?

Posted (edited)
On 5/8/2024 at 7:34 AM, Tommy Callahan said:

My disdain for Trump goes back to my formative years in NJ and his constant shenanigans and shady biz.

This does not automatically mean I am enamored with Biden or the left side of the isle... folks tend to oversimplify and make that assumption.

Some folks just have to blindly follow some leader, but politicians are not Messianic figures and I like to weigh government policies independently.

Aesop said we hang the petty thieves and elect the great ones to office... So I view those that aspire to politics with that historical lens.

Even the left side of the isle has their share of scheming crooks with intrusive ideologies. Constantly tilting at windmills so they can create layers of bureaucracy for useless agencies to siphon money.

Tossing tax dollars at real and manufactured social issues like magic pixie dust.

So little accountability.

If either side wants to make a difference they could start by not taking money from lobbies intent on keeping our drug prices through the roof.

Edited by WideNine
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Micron is going to be huge in Syracuse and wouldn’t have happened without Biden’s Chips act.

As far as complaining about giving away money, just research how much the government has given to the fossil fuel industry or agriculture. Computer chips are just as important in today’s world. Otherwise we will continue to depend on Taiwan who face an uncertain future given the threat from China. 

• Eyeroll 1

2 hours ago, Andy1 said:

Micron is going to be huge in Syracuse and wouldn’t have happened without Biden’s Chips act.

As far as complaining about giving away money, just research how much the government has given to the fossil fuel industry or agriculture. Computer chips are just as important in today’s world. Otherwise we will continue to depend on Taiwan who face an uncertain future given the threat from China. 

Who owns that company?

The plant in Genesee is a vaccume company that's actually owned by atlat copco.  And they are owned by AB.  

5 hours ago, Tommy Callahan said:

Who owns that company?

The plant in Genesee is a vaccume company that's actually owned by atlat copco.  And they are owned by AB.  

Micron is an American company based in Idaho. 

Posted (edited)

Lol, the answer is vanguard/blackrock.  That's who owns micron.  

Micron Technology, Inc. is a public company, and as of November 2023, its shares are primarily held by large institutions. The top three corporate owners are Vanguard, BlackStreet, and Capital Research Group Investors. The top three individual owners are members of the company's management team: Sanjay Mehrotra, Manish H. Bhatia, and Sumit Sadana

Edited by Tommy Callahan

37 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

Lol, the answer is vanguard/blackrock.  That's who owns micron.  

Micron Technology, Inc. is a public company, and as of November 2023, its shares are primarily held by large institutions. The top three corporate owners are Vanguard, BlackStreet, and Capital Research Group Investors. The top three individual owners are members of the company's management team: Sanjay Mehrotra, Manish H. Bhatia, and Sumit Sadana

Ok, so should I be concerned? Any big company has shareholders owned by someone. I don’t get your point.

• Eyeroll 1

And you wonder why they are not representing us.  

From our pockets directly to the investor class via supply side stimulus directly to the companies that are his biggest donors. 

Fascism is the merger of state and corporate power.  

On 5/12/2024 at 3:17 AM, Tommy Callahan said:

And you wonder why they are not representing us.  

From our pockets directly to the investor class via supply side stimulus directly to the companies that are his biggest donors. 

Fascism is the merger of state and corporate power.  

I believe that’s what America calls capitalism. Government giveaways to the wealthy has been happening here since the beginning of the country. At least the Chips act is to get domestic manufacturing and jobs for an industry critical for national security. 

The merger of state and corporate power is not capitalism.  

It's funny how you cheer this but railed the orange dudes bad plan to do the same. 

Chips act creates inflation and is just a handout to huge companies that fund him. It's a slap in the face to main Street and the working class 

And hurting the poor , fixed with insane inflation. 

19 hours ago, Tommy Callahan said:

The merger of state and corporate power is not capitalism.  

It's funny how you cheer this but railed the orange dudes bad plan to do the same. 

Chips act creates inflation and is just a handout to huge companies that fund him. It's a slap in the face to main Street and the working class 

And hurting the poor , fixed with insane inflation. 

I’m not a fan of the process, I’m just saying it’s been happening forever. 
When this country began the government gave huge tracts of land to the wealthy.

Counties give tax breaks to developers to corporations to build malls, stadiums, etc. Feds have given billions for decades to oil, gas and agricultural corporations.

The tax code is written to favor the corporations/wealthy.

Republican mantra of tax breaks for the wealthy and Trickle Down economics.

Everything about America favors/helps the wealthy. The working class are there to support them, unless they can be replaced for cheaper labor or robots.