Arlington Heights Bad News Bears?

17 hours ago, cba fan said:

It is not the location, it is the smallest capacity in NFL that is hurting Bears income. And likely a lease that is not as lucrative as Bears would like.

The rebuild was poor thinking. MOrders were save collandes and have them outside stadium. Should have buried one sideline row of the colonnades inside stadium so footprint could be bigger. This would have allowed more seats for higher prices on sidelines instead of weird ratio of seats behind end zone line compared to normal stadiums.

Chicago can’t be concerned with the fact that the owners are dumbasses. 

But the NFL is structured so that even these idiots, with their tiny stadium, pulled in 136 million in operating margin—4th in the league.

They aren’t going anywhere 

Edited by Mr. WEO

17 hours ago, cba fan said:

I call bullsh.  I used to fly into Midway every Monday morning on a contract, and had to drive up past Palatine on 53.  That took an hour minimum crawling along on 290.  Sunday traffic going to the game will be a lot worse.  The article gave the traffic very short shrift.  Downtown to Arlington Heights in 30 minutes?  NFW. 

• Agree 1

Just ten years removed from the extensive $660 million renovations of the historic stadium, Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel has already begun to explore the option of altering Soldier Field once again.   ( article from 2014 )

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1982664-why-the-soldier-field-renovations-were-a-mistake-for-the-bears-and-chicago

they could have had a new stadium for that price in 2003

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/7/2021 at 11:32 PM, 1ManRaid said:

Does this affect a game we play there or something?  I'm not sure what to do with this information.  Also you ended the post on an incomplete sentence with a comma, and the cliffhanger is killing me so I can only assume you forgot to include the parts that are relevant to the Bills.

Good morning, Richard.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

I call bullsh.  I used to fly into Midway every Monday morning on a contract, and had to drive up past Palatine on 53.  That took an hour minimum crawling along on 290.  Sunday traffic going to the game will be a lot worse.  The article gave the traffic very short shrift.  Downtown to Arlington Heights in 30 minutes?  NFW. 

Yeah, who ever wrote that never drove in Chicago traffic. It's a 75 minutes drive right now without Bears traffic. You have to drive past O'Hare from the city, which is always a nightmare. Add 80,000 Bears fans to that... Yikes. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

21 hours ago, Motorin' said:

Yeah, who ever wrote that never drove in Chicago traffic. It's a 75 minutes drive right now without Bears traffic. You have to drive past O'Hare from the city, which is always a nightmare. Add 80,000 Bears fans to that... Yikes. 

everyone is missing the point. The drive is different in miles but relatively the same in time.

as anyone with any experience in Chicago living or driving, no one ever refers to how far you live from any location in miles. Only thing talked about is "how many minutes are you from__________insert location_________ or also "how many minutes is the drive" etc etc........ then immediately followed up with 2nd question. Did you find parking. Then reminiscing about all those rare times you amazingly miraculously found close parking a few times in your life in the past at events. lol.

Arlington Heights location will make the second question very easy to answer. A sea of parking awaits. Tailgating would explode.

I doubt a move happens but interesting to talk about again just as it is every time Bears location comes into play.

31 minutes ago, cba fan said:

everyone is missing the point. The drive is different in miles but relatively the same in time.

as anyone with any experience in Chicago living or driving, no one ever refers to how far you live from any location in miles. Only thing talked about is "how many minutes are you from__________insert location_________ or also "how many minutes is the drive" etc etc........ then immediately followed up with 2nd question. Did you find parking. Then reminiscing about all those rare times you amazingly miraculously found close parking a few times in your life in the past at events. lol.

Arlington Heights location will make the second question very easy to answer. A sea of parking awaits. Tailgating would explode.

I doubt a move happens but interesting to talk about again just as it is every time Bears location comes into play.

Yeah I know, like I said the drive to Arlington Heights would be 2 hours from the city in Bears traffic. You can jump on the L from just about anywhere in the city, or on the Metra from anywhere in the suburbs and get to Soldier Field in less than an hour. 

Not a whole lot of time for tailgating when the round trip commute is 4 hours. 

• Like (+1) 1