Biden creates an economic crisis--Unemployment, Inflation, risk of STAGLFATION increasing

13 minutes ago, sherpa said:

I'm not interested in talking to you about this.

The dynamic has been in effect for decades.

The president always wants lower rates, more liquidity, a happy market etc.

The Fed has its mandates, which are different, and some times at odds, for the billionth time.

Understand that; acknowledge that or go away.

not going anywhere.  trump threatened to fire powell and publicly pressured him.   Both were unprecedented in US history.    There was serious debate whether he had the power to fire him.  Given his disregard for laws, it's entirely possible that he would try to fire him.  not surprised you don't wanna talk about it.  And I've told you a million times, don't exaggerate...

Oh, and Cali dude doesn't know decrease from increase.  You failed to criticize that error but I'm happy to.

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever
  • Eyeroll 1

13 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

not going anywhere.  trump threatened to fire powell and publicly pressured him.   Both were unprecedented in US history.    There was serious debate whether he had the power to fire him.  Given his disregard for laws, it's entirely possible that he would try to fire him.  not surprised you don't wanna talk about it.  And I've told you a million times, don't exaggerate...

I've never exaggerated about anything, and I recall not one single instance where  you claimed  that, let alone "a million."

I'd be glad to respond if such a thing exists.

No chance Trump ever would be successful in firing him, nor would such a strategy work as the rest of the group recommended the same raise.

The claim is idiotic, similar to the claim made here that he was going to pull us out of NATO.

Simply crazy, and not supported by existing law or  treaty. 

• Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

36 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Do you think it's appropriate for the president to even attempt to pressure the fed chair??   Why try if it can have no effect.  Ho3 do you know Powell wasn't feeling threatened?  As I  recall, trump threatened to replace him. 

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/12/22/trump-reportedly-wants-to-fire-fed-chair-powell.html

The report said the Trump’s advisers have warned him against such a move, which has never been done by a president and it’s not even clear whether he has the legal authority to do so. White House and Fed spokespeople declined to comment to Bloomberg.

But Trump has already broken with precedent through his repeated criticism in the second half of this year of the Fed and the chairman to the press and via Twitter, including this week before the central bank hiked rates. Other presidents privately tried to influence the Fed, but none did so in such a public and forceful matter.

on the Issue of covid info timing that cali guy brought up, this timeline is interesting

https://doggett.house.gov/media/blog-post/timeline-trumps-coronavirus-responses

You’re completely off the reservation. I see no problem with the President expressing his/her opinion on the subject. No matter who’s the president. You’re really losing it in your blood thirst to Get Trump. This place really isn’t good for you dude. 

27 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Oh, and Cali dude doesn't know decrease from increase.  You failed to criticize that error but I'm happy to.

Trump threatened to fire someone that nobody knows whether he can fire? 😂😂😂😂😂

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 3

1 hour ago, sherpa said:

I've never exaggerated about anything, and I recall not one single instance where  you claimed  that, let alone "a million."

I'd be glad to respond if such a thing exists.

No chance Trump ever would be successful in firing him, nor would such a strategy work as the rest of the group recommended the same raise.

The claim is idiotic, similar to the claim made here that he was going to pull us out of NATO.

Simply crazy, and not supported by existing law or  treaty. 

"he Fed has its mandates, which are different, and some times at odds, for the billionth time."

This was from my first linked CNBC article:  "But the central bank’s leaders did not vote unanimously for the cut: Three Fed regional presidents voted against the move, two of whom have said they preferred to keep the funds rate unchanged.".   And the first post was about a rate decrease, for the trillionth time for goodness sake.  trump didn't't think they decreased it enough.  wanted the rate at zero "or below..."

And I'm still wondering how you and cali dude3 messed up a post about a rate decrease rather than a rate increase.  Kinda makes one  question YOUR expertise here.

Oh and there's this from the Brookings institution:

"The statute says nothing, however, about whether the President can “fire” the Board chair, effectively demoting him to being just one of the other governors. Other presidents have concluded that they lacked that authority, and there is good reason to think they were right. But we just don’t know: it’s legally uncertain."  

But you're quite certain of it.  hmmm, who do I think knows more about the subject.  Let me think....  

https://www.brookings.edu/articles/what-happens-if-trump-tries-to-fire-fed-chair-jerome-powell/

Here's the author of the piece.  Care to compare your credentials to his?

https://lgst.wharton.upenn.edu/profile/petercb/

But you do0n't want to discuss it.  So let's leave it right here.

• Eyeroll 1

24 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

"he Fed has its mandates, which are different, and some times at odds, for the billionth time."

This was from my first linked CNBC article:  "But the central bank’s leaders did not vote unanimously for the cut: Three Fed regional presidents voted against the move, two of whom have said they preferred to keep the funds rate unchanged.".   And the first post was about a rate decrease, for the trillionth time for goodness sake.  trump didn't't think they decreased it enough.  wanted the rate at zero "or below..."

And I'm still wondering how you and cali dude3 messed up a post about a rate decrease rather than a rate increase.  Kinda makes one  question YOUR expertise here.

"The statute says nothing, however, about whether the President can “fire” the Board chair, effectively demoting him to being just one of the other governors. Other presidents have concluded that they lacked that authority, and there is good reason to think they were right. But we just don’t know: it’s legally uncertain."  

But you're quite certain of it.  hmmm, who do I think knows more about the subject.  Let me think....  

https://www.brookings.edu/articles/what-happens-if-trump-tries-to-fire-fed-chair-jerome-powell/

You are not making any sense at all. Increase or decrease…in case you haven’t noticed Trump is NOT the President right now. Why you’re going back and examining fiscal policy after so much time has passed and we’ve lived through an international pandemic is anyone’s guess. Once again, just more Get Trump BS in the middle of a Bidenomics thread. You REALLY have to move on! 

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

You are not making any sense at all. Increase or decrease…in case you haven’t noticed Trump is NOT the President right now. Why you’re going back and examining fiscal policy after so much time has passed and we’ve lived through an international pandemic is anyone’s guess. Once again, just more Get Trump BS in the middle of a Bidenomics thread. You REALLY have to move on! 

Nice.  Fold that really bad hand you tried to play.  Better put, played so badly.  It was embarrassing even for me.  But Sherpa did himself proud.

10 hours ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

I have a quite clear idea of the Fed, its composition and how it works, and I follow the actions closely, and have since Volcker through Greenspan and to the present.

There is no clarity if a president could fire a Fed Chairman but such a move, if done for the sole reason of a policy disagreement would be idiotic.

The bond market would have a seizure, and the stock market would likely follow suit.

The turmoil would negate any perceived benefit, and like it or not, while the Fed has control over a few interest rates, the bond market is supply and demand, as is the mortgage market. 

All of these hypotheticals about what Trump would do, like fire a Fed Chairman over nothing other than a policy dispute, pull us out of NATO, and attack Iran during his last term are not worth wasting time on.

If he were to get re-elected the discussions would be intense, but he says a lot of things that never come about, because in my view he is an unusually undisciplined speaker. His views on what Fed policy should have been during those times, which had some very unusual circumstances don't interest me, and again, the president has entirely different motivations that inform his views on Fed policy that the actual Fed three mandates.  

Either way, I won't vote for him because of his chaotic and confrontational style, but I do play close attention to the fixed income world and behave accordingly, as I have since the 80's.

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

You’re a clown! You literally have no idea what you’re talking about or why you’re talking about it. 

ya know.  I've tried to be funny at least a dozen times.  The exaggeration remark was meant to be funny but went unappreciated.  I'll try and do better...

11 hours ago, Doc said:

It's what they've been told.  But again, it's not a cult...

who tells us what?  you mean like professors at liberal universities.  Yes, "we" sit at the political science hero's feet in coffee shops and pubs absorbing every word without question or analysis...

• Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, sherpa said:

I have a quite clear idea of the Fed, its composition and how it works, and I follow the actions closely, and have since Volcker through Greenspan and to the present.

There is no clarity if a president could fire a Fed Chairman but such a move, if done for the sole reason of a policy disagreement would be idiotic.

The bond market would have a seizure, and the stock market would likely follow suit.

The turmoil would negate any perceived benefit, and like it or not, while the Fed has control over a few interest rates, the bond market is supply and demand, as is the mortgage market. 

All of these hypotheticals about what Trump would do, like fire a Fed Chairman over nothing other than a policy dispute, pull us out of NATO, and attack Iran during his last term are not worth wasting time on.

If he were to get re-elected the discussions would be intense, but he says a lot of things that never come about, because in my view he is an unusually undisciplined speaker. His views on what Fed policy should have been during those times, which had some very unusual circumstances don't interest me, and again, the president has entirely different motivations that inform his views on Fed policy that the actual Fed three mandates.  

Either way, I won't vote for him because of his chaotic and confrontational style, but I do play close attention to the fixed income world and behave accordingly, as I have since the 80's.

I understand and acknowledge...

13 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

I've tried to be funny at least a dozen times.  The exaggeration remark was meant to be funny but went unappreciated.  I'll try and do better...

0-for-at least a dozen times. Don’t feel bad. Most on the far left suffer the same malady. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

What no nazi trail reference or anti Zionist racist comment?  Debate is not your thing.

Held in abeyance until the next time you feign outrage over other’s conduct that you yourself practice. Should be any time now. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, JDHillFan said:

Held in abeyance until the next time you feign outrage over other’s conduct that you yourself practice. Should be any time now. 

See I can actually learn some cool stuff on the board

a·bey·ance

/əˈbāəns/

noun

a state of temporary disuse or suspension

very nice word!  Is that used in banking frequently?

• Eyeroll 1

3 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

See I can actually learn some cool stuff on the board

a·bey·ance

/əˈbāəns/

noun

a state of temporary disuse or suspension

very nice word!  Is that used in banking frequently?

Gosh. Here I thought you were an expert on everything under the sun. Turns out I gave you too much credit. Apologies!

• Like (+1) 1