Biden creates an economic crisis--Unemployment, Inflation, risk of STAGLFATION increasing

15 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Oh you have other criteria… ok I’ll keep looking.  

You know I’m 45 too. I put myself through engineering school and business school and The mortgage for first townhouse in 2008 was around $1500/mo. 

is there any chance your taste / standard of living aren’t aligned with your willingness to earn it? 

650!!! and a pool!?!?? 

https://www.zillow.com/b/27.868904,-82.513609_ll?utm_campaign=iosappmessage&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=txtshare

I used to live here. It was $600/month at the time. Not overly nice. Starts at 1500 now. 

https://www.apartments.com/cortland-bayport-tampa-fl/gz7zptz/

3 minutes ago, Governor said:

I used to live here. It was $600/month at the time. Not overly nice. Starts at 1500 now. 

https://www.apartments.com/cortland-bayport-tampa-fl/gz7zptz/

That place is beautiful. Nicer by far than anywhere I’ve lived. Too bad bidenflation made it so expensive.  

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

That place is beautiful. Nicer by far than anywhere I’ve lived. Too bad bidenflation made it so expensive.  

I used to have a home in Pebble Creek Village in North Tampa. These apartments weren’t there and must be new. It used to be all farmland out there. That’s a safe area. These rates are even higher than I thought. That happened way before Joe got in there.

https://www.apartments.com/links-at-pebble-creek-tampa-fl/z902q9w/

1 minute ago, Governor said:

I used to have a home in Pebble Creek Village in North Tampa. These apartments weren’t there and must be new. It used to be all farmland out there. That’s a safe area. These rates are even higher than I thought. That happened way before Joe got in there.

https://www.apartments.com/links-at-pebble-creek-tampa-fl/z902q9w/

You think entry level minimum wage earners should be living in palaces like that?  Yeah we are never going to agree on this.  You clearly have some high end taste. 

5 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

You think entry level minimum wage earners should be living in palaces like that?  Yeah we are never going to agree on this.  You clearly have some high end taste. 

The units don’t actually look like that. Parker’s Landing is a dump mostly filled with college kids. You’re not really finding anything cheaper than that. Some of Parker’s Landing is student housing where there throw 3 people in a 3 bedroom. Not flashy at all.

it isn’t “elitist” like Maryland.

• Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, Governor said:

So, I’m 45 years old, and now you’re telling me I should go backwards to how I lived when I was 22 and get a booger eating roommate just to be able to live in Florida and not starve? That doesn’t sound like freedom to me.

Good lord.  First off I made a major career change at 40.  Second if you can't currently afford to live in FL don't go there.  Sounds like it's not a place you'd want to live anyway.  That's why I laugh at people who say CA is too expensive.  Great!  Move someplace else.  To bastardize a line from the Grateful Dead go somewhere the cost of living suits your income. 

4 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Good lord.  First off I made a major career change at 40.  Second if you can't currently afford to live in FL don't go there.  Sounds like it's not a place you'd want to live anyway.  That's why I laugh at people who say CA is too expensive.  Great!  Move someplace else.  To bastardize a line from the Grateful Dead go somewhere the cost of living suits your income. 

You missed that earlier Chef.  The gov declared cost of living to be the same everywhere. 

20 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I had the same argument with a guy at work who made the same salary as me.

He said that he couldn't afford a house because his rent was too high. He wasn't willing to  forgo the extra bedroom, and laundry room. (he was single and didn't want roommates.)

Now, I live in a house that is twice as big as his current apartment, and paying less in mortgage than his rent. (just by living like a college student for 3 years; with a roommate)

Edited by unbillievable
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

But I was told it was cheap living and I would be free.

This very board told me that. They didn’t tell me I’d make 12.50 instead of 22.50 an hour and not have HC. They also didn’t tell me it would cost 1000 dollars to bring my vehicle in. No taxes? Ya right!!!!

They said Florida is the bestest place in the world and DeSantis would lead me to the promised land.

It was all a big lie.

1 hour ago, SectionC3 said:

Chef Jim Crow: “The buck stops somewhere else!”  “Lysol is an effective COVID treatment!”  “Masks are for losers, just like blackout curtains were in Hawaii on December 8, 1941!” “It’s their new hoax!” “It will magically disappear in April!”  I could keep going, but I think you get the point. 

Please answer these:

1.  How many lives would have been spared had we all been wearing masks from day one?  I'll not need an exact number.  Ballpark it for me

2. How many lives were lost due to his Lysol (BTW love your quotes around something he never said.  Good job.) comment.  I'll not need an exact number.  Ballpark it for me

3.  How many lives were lost based on his black out curtain (another lie quoting him.  Good job).  I'll not need an exact number.  Ballpark it for me.  

4.  How many lives were lost base on his magically disappear (and again another lie quoting him saying that.  Good job).  I'll not need an exact number.  Ballpark if for me.

You could keep going with lies?  With quoting Trump saying things he never said?  Sure continue on.  

I love how you never answered my question of what he could have done above and beyond.  

8 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

He said that he couldn't afford a house because his rent was too high. He wasn't willing to  forgo the extra bedroom, and laundry room. (he was single and didn't want roommates.)

Now, I live in a house that is twice as big as his current apparent, and paying less in mortgage than his rent. (just by living like a college student for 3 years; with a roommate)

"Live like no one else and you will eventually live like no one else."

Edited by Chef Jim

3 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

Now, I live in a house that is twice as big as his current apparent, and paying less in mortgage than his rent. (just by living like a college student for 3 years; with a roommate)

This is the problem with the entitlement mentality…  I had a millennial who was doing an awful job, always goofing off, low effort, late in early out,  look me in the eye and tell me my job was to make sure he got into the cycle of getting promoted every other year like this other guy that was a brilliant phenom superstar, working constantly and basically running the division. 

he was like… “I’d like you to tell me what I need to do so I can make sure I get promoted every other year..”

I said  “you could start to care?” 

lol… 

8 minutes ago, Governor said:

But I was told it was cheap living and I would be free.

This very board told me that. They didn’t tell me I’d make 12.50 instead of 22.50 an hour and not have HC. They also didn’t tell me it would cost 1000 dollars to bring my vehicle in. No taxes? Ya right!!!!

They said Florida is the bestest place in the world and DeSantis would lead me to the promised land.

It was all a big lie.

So you can't afford the promised land.  Stay in Jersey and shovel snow.  

3 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

So you can't afford the promised land.  Stay in Jersey and shovel snow.  

But I was told NJ is WAY more expensive. Something isn’t adding up here.

Why is everyone lying to me about Florida?

10 minutes ago, Governor said:

But I was told NJ is WAY more expensive. Something isn’t adding up here.

Why is everyone lying to me about Florida?

That’s what I’ve been TRYING to tell you! Cost of living varies drastically by location.

I’ve found the champ though. Check out this sweet pad.. you can live like a king with all that savings. No way bidenflation can make this one run too high

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/312-Lalor-St-JYD7GE3DV-Trenton-NJ-08611/2078384613_zpid/?utm_campaign=iosappmessage&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=txtshare

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

18 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

They're not.  Do your research.  It wasn't hard.

https://www.mylifeelsewhere.com/cost-of-living/florida-usa/new-jersey-usa

Why is Florida dead last? I guess freedom ain’t free right?

https://www.rasmussen.edu/student-experience/college-life/salary-by-state/#occupation=All-occupations&states=Alaska;Mississippi

Edited by Governor

4 minutes ago, Governor said:

There is some major conflict between your graph and mine.  If NJ is 23% more expensive you deduct 23% from the income in NJ you end up with a smaller annual net income ($30,993) than you do in FL ($31,032).  Keep in mind there are a LOT of people in northern NJ that work in NYC which could skew the numbers too.  There is always a story/stories behind the numbers. 

19 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

There is some major conflict between your graph and mine.  If NJ is 23% more expensive you deduct 23% from the income in NJ you end up with a smaller annual net income ($30,993) than you do in FL ($31,032).  Keep in mind there are a LOT of people in northern NJ that work in NYC which could skew the numbers too.  There is always a story/stories behind the numbers. 

Any guesses why Washington DC residents make significantly more than any other state?