Any New York Knicks fans?

ChronicAndKnuckles

They are currently on a 9 game win streak. Julius Randle is having a break out season, RJ Barrett is coming into his own, and they currently boast the best defense in the NBA! 

If anyone has followed the Knicks then they know they have been very disappointing the past 2 decades. It's so amazing to be both a Knicks and Bills fan in 2021.

I'm heart is hoping they make a run for the championship, but my gut is telling me it's going to take one more star player to get them over the edge like the Bills trading for Diggs.

What do you think, NBA fans?

Edited by ChronicAndKnuckles
Typo
  • Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

They are currently on a 9 game win streak. Julius Randle is having a break out season, RJ Barrett is coming into his own, and they currently boast the best defense in the NBA! 

If anyone has followed the Knicks then they know they have been very disappointing the past 2 decades. It's so amazing to be both a Knicks and Bills fan in 2021.

I'm heart is hoping they make a run for the championship, but my gut is telling me it's going to take one more star player to get them over the edge like the Bills trading for Diggs.

Not a Knicks fan (Celtics for me), but I know a lot of them...it would nice to see the Knicks relevant. It has been a long, long time.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Buftex said:

Not a Knicks fan (Celtics for me), but I know a lot of them...it would nice to see the Knicks relevant. It has been a long, long time.

I agree. It's great to be relevant again. They play the Sun's tonight, a top team coming off a loss.

Celtics have a fun team too. Tatum is a beast and Marcus Smart is really good also.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

54 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

I agree. It's great to be relevant again. They play the Sun's tonight, a top team coming off a loss.

Celtics have a fun team too. Tatum is a beast and Marcus Smart is really good also.

Yeah, they are both great...but they aren't going anywhere this year...they just don't have much of a bench...their perennial problem it seems.  

5 hours ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

In the 90s I was as a grade/middle schooler.  The Ewing/Starks/Oakley/Mason days.  Then basketball fandom just kind of waned on me all together.  I didn't even know they were a good team until I opened your thread.  

If you're into watching Knicks games from the 90's/early 2000's , I highly recommend his channel.  He has a lot of gems 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCarNznjEzoD52qHQIZ_nA5A

Edited by Another Fan
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Even the Jags have fans. I’ve met a couple, so about half.  :)

I think the NBA is much better when the iconic franchises are relevant. The Knicks are a major market equivalent of the lesser market Browns. They are a franchise that seems to need a new owner to ever get anywhere. 

EDIT: Might I add Chronic and Knuckles seems incongruous? Maybe chronic and BarcaLounger is a better fit?  I prefer the more passive option....

Edited by Augie

11 hours ago, Another Fan said:

In the 90s I was as a grade/middle schooler.  The Ewing/Starks/Oakley/Mason days.  Then basketball fandom just kind of waned on me all together.  I didn't even know they were a good team until I opened your thread.  

If you're into watching Knicks games from the 90's/early 2000's , I highly recommend his channel.  He has a lot of gems 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCarNznjEzoD52qHQIZ_nA5A

Oh yeah. I love the old 90s game from the Bills and Knicks. Andy Provin's got a lot of good stuff from Bills, but I don't have a good throwback channel for the Knicks yet so this is good. I appreciate it.

10 hours ago, Augie said:

Even the Jags have fans. I’ve met a couple, so about half.  :)

I think the NBA is much better when the iconic franchises are relevant. The Knicks are a major market equivalent of the lesser market Browns. They are a franchise that seems to need a new owner to ever get anywhere. 

EDIT: Might I add Chronic and Knuckles seems incongruous? Maybe chronic and BarcaLounger is a better fit?  I prefer the more passive option....

Agreed. The owner is absolutely terrible. Gotta stick w/ chronic for now. Never get a DUI.... lol

• Awesome! (+1) 1

• 1 year later...

RIP Willis Reed.

Peter Vecsey on Twitter: "Just received word that Willis Reed, 80, passed this morning. He has suffered from congestive heart problems over the past year or so, and was going through rehab to walk. Loved everything about Willis! A man’s man!!" / Twitter

Off the top of my head, Reed, Frazier, Monroe, Bradley, Debusherre(?) does ring a bell.

But, no, not a fan, but a Knicks/Celtics series would take me back to teen fandom.

Willis Reed was one of those great ‘70’s centers that could go toe to toe with them all.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.