2017 Draft Trade - Flip The Template?

Rigotz

On 4/10/2021 at 8:33 AM, DrDawkinstein said:

The reason it was worth KC giving up all those picks was to get a QB.

Out of those 3 positions you listed, only DE is worth trading up for. And only if there is a generational-type talent there. Not sure there is even one of those at DE in this draft.

Also, kinda funny you want to trade up from #30 to get an impact CB, when according to this post, we got our #1 CB right around #30....

Yep.  There are likely to be a number of good CBs available at 30.  I don't even think Surtain is the best CB in this draft...He's Surtainly not worth trading up for...  

On 4/10/2021 at 4:51 PM, whatdrought said:

You only give up first round picks for QB’s. Look at the teams that have given multiple firsts for non-QB’s: 

- Texans gave two first rounders for LT, now they’re in shambles.

- Seahawks have 2 firsts for S who doesn’t even play safety. Their star QB wants out cause they can’t build a competent team around him.

- Rams traded 2 first round Picks for a CB, had the best defense in the league and lost in the divisional round and traded more first rounders for QB. 

The idea that a team is “one move” away and that overspending to make that move is a good idea is just wrong. 

So you're on the fence then...

Ha, this ^

Can't say it better. QB and that's it. I hate the fact the Phish have all those 1st round picks from the bonenead Texans.

On 4/10/2021 at 8:08 PM, Rigotz said:

When did I ever say I wanted to do anything?

Jesus, everyone is always looking for a fight on this message board. Relax.

Aw man, definitely didnt mean it to sound harsh. My bad if the brevity made it sound "short" or aimed at you.

Anyways, yeah, unless there is a generational DE available, we should be hanging at #30 and going BPA with all positions on the table, except for QB, K, and P.