LET'S GO METS!!!!!!!

Beerball

6 minutes ago, Bray Wyatt said:

Where did you see this? I hope we didn’t sign him, he always gave us a chance late in games against the Mets 😁

edit: I think I just saw he signed with the Phillies so good for both the Mets and Braves 

Yes, Phillies.  Not sure what the hell I was thinking.  And YES.  Good for both of us.  My son (he will be 19 next week) is not a big sports fan.  But he has learned over the years that whenever Familia was called in, there was a good chance of seeing his father lose his sh!t.  So even if he wasn't in the living room with me watching the game, he'd always keep an ear out.

Whenever Familia was called in, it was automatically, "Oh, Jesus Christ, here goes THIS ***** lead!!"  And my son would quickly take a seat in the living room.

It was like a goddamn sitcom to him to see me blow a gasket every time that bum would blow a late game lead, LOL.

So glad he's gone and VERY glad he's still in the NL East!!

• Haha (+1) 1

On 3/15/2022 at 2:35 PM, Bray Wyatt said:

Agreed, it is his hometown team, and yes I despise them as well. Anywhere but LA is fine really, well maybe I should say anywhere but LA and NL East haha

Dodgers it is.  I ***** hate them.

2 minutes ago, Bray Wyatt said:

***** ***** ***** *****, horrible news for me to wake up to.

Rumors are it is because we didnt offer him a 6th year on the deal, but I am not buying that

As an outsider looking in I assume it's just the Braves preferring to give a long term deal to the younger player. Probably the smart move if you take emotion out of the equation. Braves have had some good examples of not holding on to guys for too long (Glavine, Avery) but holding on to the right ones (Smoltz, Maddux).

• 4 weeks later...
20 hours ago, TBBills said:

This thread died faster than a guy with cement shoes being thrown into the Hudson.

About as fast as the Yankees' chances of winning a World Series since the day they hired Aaron Boone.

Speaking of the World Series, the last time the Mets were there was 2015.  How about they Yanks?

Yankees fans talking sh!t in 2022 is comedic gold.  They haven't been relevant in over a ***** decade.  Keep on pounding your "27 Championships" chest.  

image.png.5329c5820657eeedb868860e89eb36e4.png

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Gugny said:

About as fast as the Yankees' chances of winning a World Series since the day they hired Aaron Boone.

Speaking of the World Series, the last time the Mets were there was 2015.  How about they Yanks?

Yankees fans talking sh!t in 2022 is comedic gold.  They haven't been relevant in over a ***** decade.  Keep on pounding your "27 Championships" chest.  

image.png.5329c5820657eeedb868860e89eb36e4.png

They were relevant last year... what are you talking about. Don't be so mad.

3 minutes ago, TBBills said:

They were relevant last year... what are you talking about. Don't be so mad.

Oh, I'm not mad.  It's just a game.  I just find it funny how identical Yankees fans are to Patriots fans.  And being one and done in the playoffs with that stacked roster is hilarious.

• Thank you (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Oh, I'm not mad.  It's just a game.  I just find it funny how identical Yankees fans are to Patriots fans.  And being one and done in the playoffs with that stacked roster is hilarious.

Just making it is being relevant, build on it this year. That is what I am saying. You sound like the Patriots fans of today now that Josh owns them.

37 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Good start so far…. Just like last year😅….bull pen is still ***** though. Lindor looks like a ***** clown but looks much better than last years disaster season. 

We still have Diaz though…. Haven’t seen his infamous point to the sky home run pitch yet….

Yep.  Off to a nice start.  Nice to see Lindor and Alonso with nice Aprils.  Bullpen has been okay, but yes ... could be better.  Would be nice to keep the bats hot and get some wins while we wait for Walker, then deGrom to come back.  Long season.  We shall see.

On 3/15/2022 at 8:54 PM, Gugny said:

Yes, Phillies.  Not sure what the hell I was thinking.  And YES.  Good for both of us.  My son (he will be 19 next week) is not a big sports fan.  But he has learned over the years that whenever Familia was called in, there was a good chance of seeing his father lose his sh!t.  So even if he wasn't in the living room with me watching the game, he'd always keep an ear out.

Whenever Familia was called in, it was automatically, "Oh, Jesus Christ, here goes THIS ***** lead!!"  And my son would quickly take a seat in the living room.

It was like a goddamn sitcom to him to see me blow a gasket every time that bum would blow a late game lead, LOL.

So glad he's gone and VERY glad he's still in the NL East!!

Your son shouldn’t swear, that’s not nice.

On 4/9/2022 at 3:07 PM, TBBills said:

This thread died faster than a guy with cement shoes being thrown into the Hudson.

🖕

I didn't see this, but the Mets exploited a loophole in the appeal process yesterday. They were willing to trade an out for a run, but our old friend Ollie made a couple of mistakes when he stepped off the mound and Davis broke for second and they didn't have to sacrifice the out.

https://nypost.com/2022/04/17/mets-use-loophole-to-end-appeal-play-vs-diamondbacks/

8 minutes ago, TBBills said:

Nope just responding to a jealous Mets fan who can't stop being angry.

The Mets have been in the World Series more recently than the Yankees.  Why would I be jealous of Yankees fans, and why on earth would I be angry about a game?

• Haha (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, TBBills said:

It's great that's as good as you got in comebacks. 

I haven't even attempted any comebacks.  I'm simply responding to you.  You're bragging about the Yankees' relevancy, when they haven't been relevant in over a decade and don't look to be anytime soon.  I freely and openly admit that the Mets have been a joke for years.  A LOT of years.  But if we're talking about who's been relevant more recently between the Yankees and the Mets ... it's the Mets.  

Mets and Yankees have both been plagued by crappy ownership.  The Mets were able to gain relevancy despite being owned by the Wilpons.  They Yankees haven't done dick since George Steinbrenner left the equation.  No way in HELL would he have cast Girardi aside and hired Aaron Boone.  I chuckle every time I type his name.  He's rolling over in his grave, or drawer, or whatever he's in.

If you take an honest look at each team, the Mets' future looks brighter than the Yankees' because of who's pulling the strings.  That said, the only thing that makes a team relevant is getting to the World Series.  Any team that doesn't do that has failed.  Especially teams with payrolls like the Yankees and the Mets.

I will never consider a one and done playoff season a success.  If a team has a payroll like Baltimore, then yes .. that's a great season.  But not for either NY team.

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.