Ike Boettger tendered

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

That's a great question.  I was just looking for this info myself. 

I believe in the past it's been ~ a 6 week period, so some time around April 27th or 28th.  Then the team that extended the tender has 5 days to match the offer - not sure if that means the last day to make an offer is 5 days before it ends or ??

Anyone else here got the straight stuff?

Who is "Dewey"?

He is a Guard that was o the PS last season.

image.png.77303b0c1c700c42629ed0e71022f2b6.png

5 hours ago, Boxcar said:

I don't mean to be negative, but this is why I don't understand the Feliciano deal. Boettger is not much worse, if at all, and excels at the same aspects Mongo does. Yet, he's tendered less than half of what Mongo got.

Probably an unpopular take, but Boettger's emergence was a huge reason this offense was successful because Brian Winters was AWFUL.

Winters had veteran knowledge and was willing to work harder than Quittin' Spain but Boettger is a better athlete.

10 hours ago, Boxcar said:

I don't mean to be negative, but this is why I don't understand the Feliciano deal. Boettger is not much worse, if at all, and excels at the same aspects Mongo does. Yet, he's tendered less than half of what Mongo got.

Probably an unpopular take, but Boettger's emergence was a huge reason this offense was successful because Brian Winters was AWFUL.

I believe it means they disagree with you about their relative worth. They think Feliciano is significantly better. So do I, for what it's worth, though I'm not touting him for the Pro Bowl.

And while one of Boettger's strengths is that he can play every position on the OL, they played Feliciano in games a fair amount at center last year and didn't see much dropoff. That's big.

Edited by Thurman#1

2 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

I believe it means they disagree with you about their relative worth. They think Feliciano is significantly better. So do I, for what it's worth, though I'm not touting him for the Pro Bowl.

And while one of Boettger's strengths is that he can play every position on the OL, they played Feliciano in games a fair amount at center last year and didn't see much dropoff. That's big.

I do not think it necessarily means they think Feliciano is significantly better. Beane and McDermott are big culture guys and there's no doubt Feliciano is probably a great guy in the locker room. They value that more than most, could be the difference. Otherwise, there were clear upgrades at guard on the market who did not command much more than Feliciano did, so from a purely skill based perspective, it doesn't make much sense.

5 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

I am not sure about this - is it over and he is Bills player for 2,1M this year? Or can some other team steal him from us if we get som draft pick?

Bills have right of first refusal so they can match any offer he gets if they choose to.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Mcdermott said:

Bills have right of first refusal so they can match any offer he gets if they choose to.

Thanks. I google and find the same here: https://www.nfl.com/news/2021-nfl-free-agency-glossary-all-the-terms-you-need-to-know, but I don't see when is the deadline for other teams to make offer. Do you know?